What's new

What do you say when at the hydro store?

MR_Falcon

Veteran
my guys at the gro shop are doin the same thing i am. if they don't know what your up to, shop somewhere else. However, do your product specific research b4 u go so u don't have to ask weed specific questions. U can usually talk "around" what ur doin. I don't take my own car to the shop though... discretion is the better part of valor.

P

pine boy

I was in the local store the other week and another customer was at the counter talking about his g.f.'s new hair cut place. I looked him a said I needed to get a cut becouse I hadnt had one in 10 years.He said to me "Where do you live?"
I just smiled at him...He had this look like Oop's
The local shop is cool,Strait up heads working there.Research here ...shop there

dirtyshawa

if you feel uncomfortable don't spend your money. shit, the guys at my store asked me if i needed some genetics, my first time going. never bought any but, they know their shit. i love my hydro store

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I say as little as possible, buy what I need and then have the
taxi drop me back off at McDonalds where I parked my car.......

Grendelkhan

Talk to them like you would at a headshop. Just keep your terms vague. You can talk about a shorter squatter flowering plant or you can talk about a taller more long type of flowering plant. As long as your not using the dreaded MJ word you should be able to get your ideas across without having to swing your dick in the wind. Understand that here in Cali we have alot more Hydro shops now. Back 10 years ago there wheren't very many at all. Now there's so many that they are alot more understanding and not so much to worry about. Now if your in a small town and there's only one shop, then I suggest that any questions should be, like rez's says, asked on this site.
Peace.
Gkhan.

Mr.Jones

Don't worry about it.
They all know you are growing weed, you don't have to make up stories.
Just say "plants" in your conversations instead of "weed."
I have never heard anyone ask "what are you growing" except at a non hydro store, like a nursery.

thats just true - usually the owners have a lot of knowledge concerning growing - they just have growing clients and if the owner tells on people and its going public that he did so the store will not survive the next 2 month - in certain stores you can even talk about what is best to grow in certain systems (once ive been to a store and i asked if those nutrients are good and the owner told me that they are for vegetables ... i asked: and for other plants ... owner told me this stor is just about vegetables)

- the only thing im worried about is going in and out and the clients who are in there ... dont wanna meet the wrong people

client is king

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the UK the guy behind the counter should be as wary and paranoid as the customers , wired plain clothes police have used covert video to prosecute shop owners and staff for aiding or abetting the cultivation ect.

Apart from an excessive range of fancy canna specific nutes of dubious real worth , there is very little the three local large outlets carry that cannot be sourced with a little effort from safer local suppliers without the "hydro" markup.

If you keep quiet about growing a store visit could be your biggest danger , would not wamt my ugly mug on security camera footage nor my vehcle plate noted and will probably never use one again in person.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
i tell them i have a bug detector so if they slap a gps on my whip ill come back and hang everyone of them

micropro

I think this thread looks like a lesson in regional differences.

Seriously tho, If you have to ask this question, rez has ur best advise.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Say nothing in the hydro store....Just know what you want...If something amazes you..just say "wow!" or "No thanks"
Park far away and walk to the store....
Dress different/walk different....Glasses/baseball cap ...throw away after..

Rez is Right....

K. keep
I. it
S.simple
S.stupid

D

dongle69

Don't forget your Groucho glasses.
groucho_glasses.jpg

Walk with a limp and stutter.
It will fool everyone.
This is getting silly.

C

Cookie monster

Sativa i'm glad you got sorted and it probably wasnt as big a deal as you thought it would be...i hope your purchases will help you grow many many ounces .

No idea what the hell his problem with your post was but he was well out of order and i sincerely hope it does not discourage you from coming here to seek advice in the future.

To me the only stupid questions are those that are not asked.

The reason rezdog has continuously posted replys is that he knows he was out of order but his ego will not let him accept that so he feels compelled to argue it.

Rather than be a man about it and apologise for crossing the line he would rather argue untill the cows come home.

on behalf of all the reasonable folk here on I.C i would like to say sorry for the way you have been treated and hope you continue to be a part of this forum.

Good luck with the grow.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Cookie monster, how are you going to bust Rezdog's balls for responding that way? The problem isn't his reaction, the problem is the original question.

Sativa, you don't come off as the brightest bulb given this thread. If you don't know how to be discreet at this point in life, assuming you're either at or over 18, you really need help that is beyond what ICmag can offer you. Use your head.

You went to the store, asked where something was and got out. Wow. How hard was that? Didn't need a thread to figure that out, I hope.

cool, rasputin. cookie was more or less defending the integrity of ICMAG instead of busting Rez' balls though just FYI.

either way as far as being a moron for posting here, I recieved good legitimate advice in the first two pages that helped me easily handle a question or two he threw at me. "light warrior, so you want to go from seed?" which I was ready to deflect the question thanks to valuable advice given here.

I went through alot of pain post surgery for years. learn some humility and appreciation for the life you obviously are too arrogant to appreciate

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Well, I don't see really the relevance but have fun with it either way. As far as light warrior, well, it is a seed starter. Didn't think one would need ICmag for that. It says it right on the bag. :D

Overly arrogant ungrateful prick? You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Just try to appreciate the help people offer here. More importantly, try to approach people with but a sliver of common sense and basic intelligence. They do seem to be more receptive to people who do that. FYI.

Latest posts

Latest posts