What's new

What do you say when at the hydro store?

When at the hydro store and asked questions, what do you say?

some examples are:

when asking if they had fans specifically around 100 cfm, the man pointed me to the wall and also asked what size room I needed to cool... I said a closet size but isn't that obvious hint for him to call his buddy who lives across the street and follow me home?

another example.. I always hear people on here mentioning conversations they had at their hydro store..?????? What are you telling them about what you're growing or what do you say?

If they ask you things like "well what are you looking to do with the soil so I can recommend you something" or something like that.. how do you react??

irieeyes808

Man they never ask me a thing and just keep it simple. What trips me out is all the fools who drive their mercedes or higher end rides to the gro store, that is crazy.

O

Organic-Dank

normally they know not to ask those questions, at my hydro store they treat me good vip i pay their bills ;D

Megas

Why do you need to tell them anything? Be like I want to put it in my yard cause I like to watch mosquitos play chicken while going through the fan.

Lie, they aren't your friends if they were they might know you grow already.

when asking if they had fans specifically around 100 cfm, the man pointed me to the wall and also asked what size room I needed to cool.

I would respond 'One that needs a 100 cfm fan' or 'What brands of fans do you have that are around 100 cfm'

well what are you looking to do with the soil so I can recommend you something

I like earthjuice products, where are they?

In other works, you know what you want before you go in, and there is no reason to chat them up. I mean, there is no need to be a dick either, but just keep the conversation on topic - you are looking for specific products, not recommendations, and not a new BFF.

zlock

I was nervous my first (and only) time going to the hydro store.

My advice would be to do your research ahead of time, know what you're there to get, and just be friendly but don't talk about what you're doing.

Go in, get what you need, don't LOOK suspicious or nervous, and get out. I'm sure they know that a large percentage of their customers are up to "sketchy" stuff, so I'd bet that they don't really want to know what you're doing with what you buy, and I'm sure if they have any common sense and aren't out to bust you, if there is any conversation about products or whatever, they'll keep from asking "what are you growing?" or questions along those lines.

If I were in that situation and someone asked me any questions, I'd play it off that I was an amateur chef trying my hand at growing my own tomatoes, peppers, herbs, etc.,

Kooza

Seriously?? The hydro stores I have been in are primarily set up for one major clientel and it isn't people growing large scale vegetable gardens...Just know what you want when you go in, ask where it is and buy it with cash.

willostat

I just keep it to the point, you should know what you need before going there. If they dont have that product you should already know of a good 2nd or backup. for example, no promix? ok how bout some sunshine mix then or vice versa.... if you need help with anything ask here because I guarantee you will get equal to better advice. Some of those guys are pretty sharp at the store but thats not the place to be buddying up. Ive never been asked what im growing to determine what I might need. I have talked about non mj shit and even gotten cuts of coleus, talked about their banana tree going on etc..

D

dongle69

Don't worry about it.
They all know you are growing weed, you don't have to make up stories.
Just say "plants" in your conversations instead of "weed."
I have never heard anyone ask "what are you growing" except at a non hydro store, like a nursery.

MCsqrd

I said a closet size but isn't that obvious hint for him to call his buddy who lives across the street and follow me home?

Do you think it is in the best interest of a businessman to sell out his customers? No, he stocks the stuff you need so you keep coming back.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
dont mean to be a dick but this threads kinda redic.
dongle69'sgot it right.

and seriously what kinda shady grow shops you guys going to??
ive lived in a few states and gotta say every single shop ive been the personel have been more than helpful with any questions i have about equipment. the grow medium may have been brought up but NEVER what IS growng..

they know why you're there and so do you, just watch for shady pigs in the area and thats allll you gotta worry about.

D

DogBoy

I usually start with " Yar blud, gotz me some Chron innit, i iz needin sum lightin man, hook us up or me homies gonna introduce ya tuz Mr Stanley! "

Then i tell him all about my grow, my number plate and sometimes my home address. All this while looking furtively over my shoulder at the door and other customers.

Aint catching me man!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Normally I say lets go in the bathroom where that big carbon filter is and smoke this fatty :) He says yeeehaaa lets do that :) and off we go. Course I live in a pot friendly state ... I wouldnt advise this for most.

JQP

I always know what I want when I go in.

The "local" grow shop dudes know me (by sight, not by name). Sometimes they make good suggestions. I.e., I say "I'm not so sure I like this Ocean Forest anymore, seems lighter than the old bags." Hydro shop guy says "Yeah, we've noticed that. Have you tried this stuff?" Etc.

I always drive an old beater when I go, never my new wheels. I always pay cash.

JQ

pay cash and just don't say anything legal like MJ or anything whats it matter if there in your closet they don't no where that is and if your worried about someone following you first your paranoid because of the pot second standard operations speed = speed that means if someones following you they'll haft to speed as well and blamo you found them

Sweetaction

Crysanthamums (sp) grow very similar to mj.

thanks, good tip for something to read up on.

someone else asked what kind of shady shops i'm going to.. there are a couple nice hydro stores around, but one run by a bunch of shady late 20/early 30-year olds. unfortunately this is the one with the best selection of alot of things

to me its obvious THEY're growing

When at the hydro store and asked questions, what do you say?

some examples are:

when asking if they had fans specifically around 100 cfm, the man pointed me to the wall and also asked what size room I needed to cool... I said a closet size but isn't that obvious hint for him to call his buddy who lives across the street and follow me home?

another example.. I always hear people on here mentioning conversations they had at their hydro store..?????? What are you telling them about what you're growing or what do you say?

If they ask you things like "well what are you looking to do with the soil so I can recommend you something" or something like that.. how do you react??

Go in knowing what you want, and politely decline their help.
No need for verbal swashbuckling:dueling:

Latest posts

Latest posts