What's new

What do you guys think about havin kids?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
no offense to peeps w/ kids, but i wouldent wanna bring a kid into this fucked up world.

...besides that i'm too selfish w/ my time and money

...and besides that i dont like kids

...my parents are constantly saying i should have kids...and i tell them the above.

co sign to the fullest.

except even my parents tell me having kids was a mistake. my mom says shit like, "if i didnt have you i would have two houses and vineyard by now" LOL, even though deep down i know they are happy with the total pot smoking fuck ups they raised!

jwm

Veteran
Miss Blunted-

Good for you! Too many people have children just to have children. Male or female, some are not designed, don't have the patience, or disposition to raise kids.

My 14 yr old sister tells me the other day that "she could totally handle being a teenage mom"!!! I was completely shocked!!! We had a pretty long discussion about how it's important for her to have other priorities right now . . . like going to school, and having fun being a kid! There's no need for that sort of rush, but I guess it's normal for that age in some respect. Either way, it definitely took me off guard. haha

funker

judging by the difference in me between 20 and 30, i think i will be ready to have kids when i'm 40 or 45...

i think its fine to have kids but i have zero patience for parents who raise brats, like if i'm out at a restaurant and some people bring their kid and the kid can't behave as well as my dog, then fuck that...

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I wanna have a kid one day. Though I think, shit so many god damn people already, so adopt. Fuck if i'm going through the blood seat and tears I want my own little guy.

When ever i talk to my old man on the subject he just says " once you have one, you'll understand"

I just don't know if i could make a good parent....

808kahumai

Thanks to all the kind words...I waited until I was 38 to have children. I am really happy that I got to enjoy my college years and the start of my career without children. I can give them the attention that they deserve now and feel truly blessed to be with them.
Cheers to all the parents and parents to be! This is a great thread and I hope everyone looks each of their children in their eyes tonight and tells them that they love them and respect them. What a joy it is to be in the same room as a child; they can put a smile on your face and make you laugh even when they are screaming their heads off! Peace!:joint:

jefff

The "rent a kid" is a good idea, but after a while all the kids would be sitting in the rent-a-kid store.

babies and small frys are alright. usually the older they get the less i like em. quick hire a teenager while they still know it all.

C

Chamba

I have to bump this thread....as now I have a son.

some days I feel like I've won the lottery, most days though, I feel sleep deprived, worn out, stressed out, hollowed out and cashed out and wishing I had access to a time machine. lol

supermanlives

Veteran
no offense to peeps w/ kids, but i wouldent wanna bring a kid into this fucked up world.

...besides that i'm too selfish w/ my time and money

...and besides that i dont like kids

...my parents are constantly saying i should have kids...and i tell them the above.

i thought you had a son LOL. but ya you shouldnt reproduce its for the best.

stc9357

Probably in another 7 years when I hit 30 I'll think about it until then I'm a keep fucking and having fun.

supermanlives

Veteran
i had a son early. he is 22 now. i didnt exactly plan on it but am glad i did it young.he was a product of spring break daytona florida LOL. great woman great kid great times

stc9357

Somehow my post got deleted but the jest of it was probably not for another 7 years I'm too busy fucking and having fun right now.

HUGE

Veteran
Won't to a wedding and was told "you need to have a kid" by no less than 30 people. I don't particularly like kids. I don't think they are cute. I have 0 patience for stupid shit. I am selfish with my time. I have almost no emotional responce. I have 2 gears normal and pissed off. It's hard to describe but all emotions produce the same feeling inside me. Excited,nervous,anxious,happy, depressed all have the same feeling inside. Based on all of this I don't see how I will enjoy a child. My wife Kind of wants one and everyone says I'll feel different but I really don't believe them. I do have one honest friend who tells me flat out don't fucking do it. The only upside I can see to having a Kid is there will be someone to white my ass when I am in diapers. But reality tells me they will prolly just put me in a home.

djonkoman

Veteran
not anytime soon. altough it's mot defintive for me, thee are 2 sides to it for me.
I do think that I would once want someone to teach everything I know, to continue my views and philosophies. and if that would be my own genes and so a chance there will be others who think like me, even better, also I don't know if anyone who doesn't have my genes would really get me

but on the other side, I can't stand babies, they all look the same, make annoying sounds and are full of slime.
and I'm not good with children either.
I would prefer it just popped out being 20 years old or so, so that I can keep a normal conversation with it. I can't do that kind of talking people do with children, the oversimplifying and endlessly repeating the same, and explaining the most basic concepts over and over.

maybe I'll just have to become a millionaire, so I can have my children entirely raised by servants and get to know them once they're not children anymore.

I agree this word is fucked, but the stupid people ruining it are not stopping with breeding so if every sensible person does it will only become worse

Herbophile

I had my son while I was still in high school and a kid myself. He's now 19 and having a baby this summer so I'm going to be a grandfather at a time when many of my friends are just having their first child. In hind sight it's worked out rather well for me because my genes have been passed on and I'm still young enough to enjoy the remainder of my days will minimal responsibilities.

Another advantage for me and my boy is that we're fairly close in age so we have many of the same interests and we can hang out and talk about things on the same level. I never had that with my parents.

C

Chamba

Went to a wedding and was told "you need to have a kid" by no less than 30 people. I don't particularly like kids. I don't think they are cute. I have 0 patience for stupid shit. I am selfish with my time. I have almost no emotional responce. I have 2 gears, normal and pissed off. It's hard to describe but all emotions produce the same feeling inside me. Excited, nervous, anxious, happy, depressed all have the same feeling inside. Based on all of this I don't see how I will enjoy a child. My wife Kind of wants one and everyone says I'll feel different but I really don't believe them. I do have one honest friend who tells me flat out don't fucking do it. The only upside I can see to having a Kid is there will be someone to white my ass when I am in diapers. But reality tells me they will prolly just put me in a home.

I could of wrote something very similar that 5 years ago ....but the joy you receive from having a little "Mini-me" running up to you in morning with a big grin that's just for you is something that makes all the sacrifice, weariness and bullshit worth it. ....I used to feel sorry for friends of mine who had kids and now I feel sorry for the ones who don't or didn't have them.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It can be a real challenge to raise them well. Kids have a tendency to wear you out on a day to day basis, especially when young, say like 3 years old.

If you want to have children you will need to work on being less selfish; if you don't think so maybe you should not have kids yet.

Some people probably should not have children.

R.Fortune