What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Do YOU do to stay Healthy..?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Mushroom season upon us, a good way/reason to get out there and hike.

30mins in a Sauna + 10 in a steamroom 3-4x weekly.

Oysters and or Herring for breakfast. Nuts, but not peanuts... Endocrine healthy, Gluten-free, fires the metabolism.

Great Tips, All - - Cheers..!

Genghis Kush

eat whole foods, plenty of water and getting 8 hours of sleep a night.

I run and walk as much as possible.

But surfing is the most important thing that keeps me mentally and physically fit.

Genghis Kush

and no alcohol or caffeine and I avoid cane sugar as much as possible.

those three things interfere greatly with the positive effects of cannabis.

stasis

Veteran
Yes, ariston, plenty to say.

Agree with the no alcohol and no caffeine idea..!

Cheers...

snake11

Cannabis use is the main thing to keep me healthy. Both physically and mentally. I try to spend time alone thinking each day to keep my mind healthy. I avoid alcohol and sugar as much as possible(sugar being the harder one to avoid). Kombucha each morning to start the day. I try to not injest calories(outside of the kombucha or an occasional treat-strawberry lemonade) by beverage. I stick to water and unsweetened tea. Eating local, organic, and in season whenever possible. I also try to avoid doctors/hospitals as much as possible.

sprinkl

Veteran
Yes, ariston, plenty to say.

Agree with the no alcohol and no caffeine idea..!

Cheers...

Why no caffeine? I mean from coffee or other natural sources offcourse... It occurs in several plants, if not abused I don't see any problem with it? How different is it from drinking tea from other plants?
And a glass of wine here and there, next to a good meal or some quality cheese and salami... Good for body and mind I believe =)

I recently discovered how toxic wheat is to my body. I really feel more energetic now since cutting it out completely(bread and beer being the biggest ones, avoided pasta, cake, filler and additive in manufactured food for a long time already) and my digestion works a lot better. Never really knew I was constipated all the time until I discovered it can be a lot easier than to literally squeeze one out...
I now eat pure spelt bread, which is one of the ancient grains, eating too much is still bad for my digestion but it doesn't cause as severe indigestion which normal bread/wheat does in even small quantities. It could also be because of contamination with wheat as my regular bakers makes these.

But the glutenfree alternatives are criminally expensive and contain a lot of chems to get the right structure so I avoid those.

I let a doctor test me(it was 4 years ago that I went to go see one, he had to put me in the system again lol) for gluten intolerance and am waiting on the results. But even if it's negative I won't be eating wheat anymore. Something so mass produced, treated with herbicides and pesticides, then stripped from its nutrients and treated with chemicals to make it white is just... Garbage.

Last edited:

geeker

and no alcohol or caffeine and I avoid cane sugar as much as possible.

those three things interfere greatly with the positive effects of cannabis.

I've never had caffeine interfere with anything in my life, except adhd, since caffeine in my experience has an opposite effect on those of us with adhd (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). much like how they give adhd kids things like Ritalin and Cylert aka speed, to calm them down. same concept, no big pharma.

shithawk420

Veteran
Caffeine raises blood pressure.the only thing coffee is good for is giving you the shits.also caffeine is highly addictive.I have no room to talk though cause I'm an alcoholic. just got out of detox a few days ago and already relapsed.just a few beers but still.

Mr.Miner

-No alcohol
-Pretty much no white sugar- sometimes it is hard to avoid it. I use local honey in morning coffee now and I don't get a jones for more sugar during the day.
-Pretty much gluten-free- another one that is hard to avoid sometimes. I am not militant about my diet- I just try my best
-Morning smoothies with: blueberries, kale, strawberries, yogurt, banana, rice milk or almond milk, sometimes flax seed and/or chia seeds, and am now adding organic hemp seed hearts.
-Food source multi-vitamins, b complex vitamins, and high-quality fish oil capsules. One of them blew up in my shorts pocket. I had to throw the shorts out. Haha...
-I walk/run/do the eliptical when I can. Working on my feet makes it hard, though. They are throbbing by the end of the day...hopefully I will be incorporating organically grown cannabis to my end-of-the-day routine shortly. More to come- it's a long boring story.

-And tons and tons of water.

Mr.Miner

Caffeine raises blood pressure.the only thing coffee is good for is giving you the shits.also caffeine is highly addictive.I have no room to talk though cause I'm an alcoholic. just got out of detox a few days ago and already relapsed.just a few beers but still.

Keep at it man. If I can do it, you can. 15 years so far doing it a day at a time. Reach out if you wanna chat or something.

St. Phatty

3 breakfasts a day, one big lunch, afternoon smoothie (or ice cream) light dinners.

Lost 20 pounds earlier this year, doing biathlon in addition to swimming & just plain living in the country. Seems to have speeded up my metabolism.

I notice I can do the twisting poses in yoga a lot easier now, used to be sort of muscle-fat-bound.

Diet guidelines -
* 8 to 12 fruits and vegetables every day. It sounds excessive and it works. Initially I remember feeling like one of those French geese being force-fed, it takes discipline to force raw broccoli down when you're not hungry.
* pint to quart of water in the AM.
* multiple sources of protein at lunch.

I notice that Cannabis growing affects my health perspective. I think of eating as creating a HEALTHY compost pile in the stomach.

Also, I like to give plants multiple sources of nutrients, e.g. bat guano AND bone meal for Potassium. I like to do the same thing with protein - multiple sources.

stasis

Veteran
Protein in the AM, not like a burger, but raw oysters, herring. Eggs. Gluten free no dairy

SOme activity, love up the cat, paddleboarding kayaking bike ride. Get some sun for Vit D.

Stay active...! PEACE.....!

J man

Water.

Ive been not eating well. Today I had a salmon cake burger which is healthy.
My stomach hasnt been tuned to eating red meat.
Veggies are good but I cant afford organic.

Terpz

You wont find me eating their gmo fruit-loops or shitting in fluoride infested waters. Peruvian superfoods keep my pineal gland decalcified.

GMOs are banned in 26 countries. 25 countries have banned the use of fluoride in drinking water. Is scary how food in America has become poison instead of medicine.
http://articles.*******.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/02/27/us-food-products.aspx

With that being said, I do not trust anything the government feeds me, including media.

stasis

Veteran
Killer observations. I knew we'd bring out some of the geniuses of ICmag.

I was forced to give up Caffeine, and all stimulants, after an MI in 1992 at the ripe old age of 31. Found I preferred to be non caffeinated.

Also, the Brain Fog Lifting after a Liver Detox and Gluten free for 2 months was a LIFE CHANGER> That was 3 years ago. I went hardcore on the GF diet for about a year.

At this time, I'm not perfect, but have done away with 80+ percent of gluten providing foods.

Endocrine Healthy is the focus of my regimen. Something threw off my Thyroid before I left CA. That was where I did the detox. The Doctor wanted to put me on a lifetime regimen of Synthroid... NOOOOOO....!!!!

So, I did the research and the work. It was hard, the detox. 3 days of hell.

Then, it was over, and Clarity set in....

I asked myself.

"what am I still doing here, perpetually poor, cause I cannot trust anyone enuf to spread out the work..!?" Answer: Move back to __ for the second time. Clear, no indecision. It was a good move.

Next thing to tackle, is the sugar addiction that kicks in at about 10pm each day. haha.

Going pure GF does away with most cravings, but is hard to maintain.

As for the expense of GF foods, I simply alter my preferences, to stay away from anything I may be tempted to substitute for the GF version. Learn to like Rice.

Even My Mother made a comment last week during a rare visit. About my disposition being much more focused and happy. I don't even live in my beloved Coastal Norcal anymore. it's not bad where I ended up on 2 acres, outside of a city. Not private though, and I suspect that my grow has already garnered attention, try as I might to be discrete.

Thus, it is halfway to where I intended to be. Spring will see me getting more privacy. More forest, less farms. Cleaner lakes, no Dioxin in the rivers. Tolerant people as opposed to the unhappiness machines I see around me now.

But, I have finally achieved something I wanted to for years

Being happy where I am. Whatever or wherever that is. I wake up super charged, 90% of the mornings.

Please keep the entries coming. Enlightenment is important..!! THanks..!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts