What's new

What do you call the part behind the lampholder?

Since I am running a 315W CMH I have to build (or rebuild) reflectors to use my lampholders (porcelain sockets that hold 'lamps' or 'bulbs').

Behind that is usually a metal plate that the lampholder bolts to. behind that is a plastic fitting that has a space for the lampholer wires to connect to the fixtures power cord and also a power cord strain relief. What is that plastic fitting called and where can I source them?

Most all I have seen seem to mount to the metal plate and turn 90 degrees (orthogonal to the lamp/bulb). I am looking for one that goes straight (in line with the lamp/bulb), for hanging the lamp vertically.

I thank you in advance.

I don't know about plastic . . . I've seen the ceramic mogul bolted to a stamped steel electrical box (like for a house electrician) which then has an eye hook bolt.

Not what you're asking for but I cut off the plug end of this and hard wired it to my magnetic ballast:
http://www.hydrofarm.com/product.php?itemid=13055

Here is a metal mogul cap:
http://www.hydrofarm.com/product.php?itemid=1966
Well thanks much.
kinda feel silly as i spent too many hours googling all the names i could think of, and it was as simple as cap.

My lampholder is a PGZ not a mogul, but im on my way now...

Thanks so much.

LEDfoot

A PGZ, interesting. I was just looking at 315W stuff today, briefly, but I have plenty of light sources as it is.
:)

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from what I know.. the PGZ and hps moguls don't exactly fit the same bolt holes.. was this way when I changed out a reflector... and had to end up drilling new holes to hold the socket.

just to keep in mind.

from what I know.. the PGZ and hps moguls don't exactly fit the same bolt holes.. was this way when I changed out a reflector... and had to end up drilling new holes to hold the socket.

just to keep in mind.
They don't. I planned to drill as needed.

Is there such thing as a generic "cap" for use on any lampholder? One that you drill your own holes for? Or some other type of fitting?

Here is a pic of the Cap I was trying to describe above.

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10