What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what do U buy a man who is dieing???

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Time.

Yours.

if,, he has a bucket list, do what you can together.

Give thanks for the time he spent with you - and things he taught and shared.

We have a family memeber I have been working to find edibles and doseage.

Candy has worked well, and you can adjust doesage by weight of candy consumed.

When I stared experimenting with edibles, I have gotten way too high - even for me, so a rookie wouldn't enjoy at all. Not good.
Another issue is the delayed reaction, - it can take an hour or two just to get the effect.

I have found using bubble hash has improved quality and effect.

G

gloryoskie

Very moving to witness this thread.
Reading posts and wiping away tears.

Triumph in the end though, right?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
our END... is near....the old man has withered to less than bones and skin....completely delusional, and barley able to communicate from the cancer in he's throat....
he was able in the last few month to marry he's last and oldest daughter.....he's a pastor
witness the christening of he's latest grand daughter....and several smaller lifelong accomplishments resulting in sum peace of mind.....
these last few days will be hard......the entire family is tired and worn, cancer is one hell of a beast and spares NO-one......the road too death/ closure has been remorseful and enlightening all in the same breath.....even the last breath

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
my experience with the lingering cancer is spend time, reminisce, reassure, and tell them how proud you are to know him, that without him you would never have found his daughter and that you will do your best to care for his survivors.

i'm usually a brash loudmouth smartass on these webs, but your situation brought memories, tears and empathy for your family. Sincerest Regards for All.

my dad passed some years back and later my brother told me that on his deathbed his regret was not having me by his side to comfort me...that's what was on His mind,his children/family.

the pictures were a splendid idea, shows he won't be far from your minds...

May your Father-in-Law find peace and serenity in his last days.

yortbogey

Veteran
the last 2 days where a spiral of downward depth and emotional chaos......
the END has come, the old man left us today in the early morning hours....the family mourns

Last edited:
B

buddymate

Give him the one thing he hasnt got,time,you and your wife spend every available minute with him,just your presence at such a time is priceless,reassure him,talk and listen,be there :ying:

B

buddymate

the old man left us today in the early morning hours
Sorry mate,I was typing the same time as you,didnt realise the gentleman had passed away,sorry once again.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran

So sorry my friend.
We mourn with you.

It's time to reflect.
There is no life without death.

We are all terminal, all of us.
I read back through this thread for what to give the living.

I resolve to show my love to every living person, every day.

Love and aloha,

Wee

D

DJXXPLATINUM

HE HAS THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL NOW.....PEACE.....SORRY IT HAD TO END THAT WAY....MY FATHER HAD CANCER ALL THROUGH HIS LOWER GI....SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...THOUGH ITS A BIG RELIEF NOW FOR THE FAMILY.....MAN I FOUND IT BROUGHT THE FAMILY REALLY CLOSE...NOW YOU GET TO SEE ALL THE RELATIVES....BURN A FATT ONE...DJ

S

SeaMaiden

the last 2 days where a spiral of downward depth and emotional chaos......
the END has come, the old man left us today in the early morning hours....the family mourns
Family is bereft, but he no longer suffers, he now is in peace.

My hope is that all were able to say and do what they needed to before his passing.

yortbogey

Veteran
the old mans passing has been hard..... LARGE family....everyone shows the grief and remorse in there own way....only complicating the process of closure....
even still things have improved.... wife's mother the..widow.... is now with us @ our home..... in a brand newly decorated...top to bottom guest room just for her.....
and together my wife/her youngest daughter will put this all together over the next few days in sum peace and quiet.....
all of last week was consumed with cremation, burial service/@grave side.....
WAY...WAY ...WAY the hell out in northern BC..... furthest I'd ever been ...F0certain
and the memorial service was held more local in the Vancouver area....
so 2 separate events ...each for there own purpose.....and each providing there own depth and or closing....both settings provided a wonderful stark contrast in representing this complex mans long and involved life......
so often the family became even more so restless with all the chaos and comings and goingz.....
SO...So... many people..... almost 500 @ the memorial service alone...
with music and choirs......all day event....to celebrate a incredible life ... a man that truly was a master of appreciation...........
So now finally everything has settled and the widow try's in silence to make sense of IT~ALL..... together my wife and I will see here thru

Easygrowing

Veteran
Hmm that you explain in a very sensitive way Your,and from your real life-brave at you ...
Often those Older people connecting us younger people together,and then they are falling away,some connections so will falling out.
Let peace be with him and your around him...
thanks for sharing.

yortbogey

Veteran
blessedBE.....
peace and quiet
YB

agaiN.....
thankU all for
U'r thoughts and condolences....