What's new

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres what we had last night on the lake ...we floated around till the fireworks went off....

minds I ..your sketty looks good. yum

Fillet, mac salad and sliced avo...

I also stickied this thread...its a keeper :D

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
from the 4th of july. first appetizer bacon explosion
picture.php

then the hoggs!!! and pork shoulder and briskett.
picture.php

picture.php

T

Teeg420

from the 4th of july. first appetizer bacon explosion
picture.php

then the hoggs!!! and pork shoulder and briskett.
picture.php

picture.php

AHH, those little piggies look so yummy, its breakfast time right now for me and you got my mouth watering mmm...pork. :yes::yes::yes:

Medical

This thread ROCKS!!

Here is my small contribution!
Seasoned potatoes and carrots, seasoned venison chops (harvested in my backyard), and washed down with a room temp pint.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0007 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0007 (Small).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0004 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0004 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0003 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0003 (Small).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 18

Endo

Veteran
mmmmm homemade hickory smoked bbq pork tenderloin. mac salad and rye bread w/butter.

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

farm raised only 2 miles from me my friend butchers 5/6 cow every year, I usually buy a side and some extra steaks, part of paying for the meat is that I have to help wrap as he cuts.......

Black Angus ribeye appx 1.5#s, OreIda fries & B&M baked beans (not pictured)

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Food when it´s the very best.
Eaten with good friends and family in beautiful surroundings :woohoo:

picture.php

P :smoke:

mikeinflorida

Wow, you guys/gals are making me seriously hungry! How about a nice shrimp scampi with some french bread for dipping and a little vino to wash it down?

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 16

Endo

Veteran
not really dinner but soon to be desert... huge pot of saved trimmings and popcorn buds. and 3.25 lbs of unsalted butter, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low for 3 hours. then turn off heat. lid on pot and let sit over night. pot was still warm in the morning when i came back. strain, and toss in fridge... for later use.

picture.php

Bumble Buddy

Hey Endo that pot of budder looks tempting but I'm concerned that leaving the pot on the stove with the lid on overnight like that may be conducive to the growth of dangerous bacteria. A steamy warm environment like that is ideal for salmonella growth, its a good practice to cool down hot foods as quickly as possible. I'm not certain if it would be an issue with those ingredients but whoa, I know from experience, food poisoning is no joke.

Is it safe to eat leftover food that was left out on the counter to cool at dinnertime, then forgotten until morning? Will additional cooking kill the bacteria that may have grown?
No. Bacteria exist everywhere in nature. They are in the soil, air, water, and the foods we eat. When they have nutrients (food), moisture, and favorable temperatures, they grow rapidly, increasing in numbers to the point where some types of bacteria can cause illness. Bacteria grow most rapidly in the range of temperatures between 40 and 140 °F, some doubling in number in as little as 20 minutes. Some types will produce toxins that are not destroyed by cooking.

Pathogenic bacteria do not generally affect the taste, smell, or appearance of a food. In other words, one cannot tell that a food has been mishandled or is dangerous to eat. For example, food that has been left too long on the counter may be dangerous to eat, but could smell and look fine. If a food has been left in the "Danger Zone" – between 40 and 140 °F – for more than 2 hours, discard it, even though it may look and smell good. Never taste a food to see if it is spoiled.
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/help/faqs_hotline_preparation/index.asp

Wow all this "meat" :frown:, need more veggies in this thread!:woohoo:
Sarson ka saag and makai ka roti, not too impressive looking but tasted good with rajma masala and lime juice from the trees in the yard:

Endo

Veteran
good point bumble, however ive always done it this way and never had a problem. also, i place the top on the pot while its very very hot still, so that its pasterized and covered from additional bacterial contamination. and please let me rephrase, when i said the pot was still warm in the morning.. i mean hot, as in you wouldnt want to stick your hand in there. i have to wear gloves when wringing out the pulp. but thanks for your concern, but i dont think we have too much of a problem. i usually dont go to sleep until 12am or 1, and im up at like 7 or 8. so there really isnt too much of a window there.

we made rice krispy treats with some butter... and man o man.. they will put you in a coma!!! great pain meds.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
so i went into the garden today and came out with the goods
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

started to grill the squash, then was like nah im not gunna turn on the stove to quick fry up this kholrabi with onions and i threw it on the grill too!
went and got some fresh basil, some parsley, some winter savory, a tiny bit of sage and a little bit of the gangja leaf, diced it up with a bit of garlic, mixed into oil, coverd the squash and the kholrabi and then onto the grill for only a couple mins
picture.php

also then made noodles and put on the fresh pesto i made
used hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds in the pesto, very nice!
picture.php

:joint:

this thread has been dead lately! make some food! take some pic!

Endo

Veteran
picture.php

didnt get a pic of the pulled pork but trust me it was amazing!!! i love our smoker.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Been a while since I posted.

Been busy with other things so my cooking activities have been primarily for sustainance but tonight while at the meat store they had a special on Porterhouse steaks..soooo

For tonights fair we have on the menu:
Grilled porterhouse steak with sauted portobello mushrooms/sweet onion and garlic. Baked potatoe with butter/sour cream and salsa, and cottage cheese with seasonings and a slice of buttered dill rye bread.
picture.php

Not in the picture is the nice frosty glass of iced black tea.

Afterwards:

picture.php

This is some of JLP's Sdog (the first offering). I have some outdoors and this is a phonominal strain...not even September and they are looking like they will be done by the end of September. These plants are huge with multiple enormous buds....hope it makes it what with rippers, bugs and all.

minds_I

C

cellardweller

awesome lookin food guys!

mindsI..is that a bong made from a salad dressing cruet?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts