What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are your favorite Closed Loop Extraction Systems? Pros/Cons of Passive/Active!

TheCronnoisseur

Hey Guys!

I am currently in the market for a closed loop extraction unit. I have been looking at several different brand/models and wanted some opinions of the most economical unit to purchase. Some of the units I've been looking into are: MK III Terpernator, Sweetleaf V2, SubzeroScientific, Precision Extraction Technologies and Bhogart. I have to run 15-20 units monthly and unsure what size extraction system will work best as well as pros and cons between using a passive or active recovery. If any of you have advice it would be great to speak to others using closed loops! Thanks

IG- Cronnoissuer

Lefthand

I think your answers have already been posted and can be found by doing some reading/searching. But,
I would recommend wolfwurx as their systems are ahead of the curve imho.
Better price also..
Some companies have people waiting on extractors that they have paid for and then decide to stop answering their phones and emails.. Then come back with the dog ate my homework kind of excuses... Not naming names but seems like a couple biz have done this.

apollojmr

Unless you are in a hurry and do not want to put in the work, the best thing you can do is build your own by reading all of the threads here. I would recommend reading the BHOgart extractor thread and getting tips on all of the pros and cons of stuff bought and used in that thread. I started that thread a year and a half ago after I had bought a 1 lbs BHOgart extractor and I wish I would have built my own now. It is trial and error and that has been done over and over with all the talent in that thread. If you choose to still buy a pre made unit then my suggestion is BHOgart because I own one and I know they are good.

Lefthand

I agree with building your own, Unless you need a certified extractor, are illiterate or overwhelmed by right tighty lefty loosey. The mark up on units that aren't providing any new tech are ridiculous, they are just using the same basic design that was shared online for Free. With a few searches you can source everything you need to build your own for a fraction of the price. Their are industry standards for all parts used in extractors, because all parts are used in other industries, except the machined lids that are also pre-made and can be sourced.
Where I would spend my money is building my own and hiring a extractor company/professional for their consulting expertise. You can learn from their past success and failures. After day 1 you would be way ahead of the game than someone who spent several thousand on their extractor

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Guys!

I am currently in the market for a closed loop extraction unit. I have been looking at several different brand/models and wanted some opinions of the most economical unit to purchase. Some of the units I've been looking into are: MK III Terpernator, Sweetleaf V2, SubzeroScientific, Precision Extraction Technologies and Bhogart. I have to run 15-20 units monthly and unsure what size extraction system will work best as well as pros and cons between using a passive or active recovery. If any of you have advice it would be great to speak to others using closed loops! Thanks

IG- Cronnoissuer

The most versatile is a Terpenator with bi flow and discrete column recovery.

As noted, easy to build yourself from on line plans.

Waxring

Gray Wolf, could you explain the bi flow and the discrete column recovery and how this improves the system? Thanks.

Bi-Flow: You can flood from the bottom or shower from the top. It allows any technique you want to use for solvent flooding.

Discrete column recovery allows you to recover the butane in the column separate from the collection pot. This speeds up the overall recovery time.

That is the basics of it.

vividavis

So like the secondary column with a dryice/co2 jacket and ball valves and filtration that some people are using to dewax in. I've seen instagram videos of people partially recovering out of the dewaxing column then sucking the solvent through the filters like you would in a buchner?

epicorchard

Unless you are in a hurry and do not want to put in the work, the best thing you can do is build your own by reading all of the threads here. I would recommend reading the BHOgart extractor thread and getting tips on all of the pros and cons of stuff bought and used in that thread. I started that thread a year and a half ago after I had bought a 1 lbs BHOgart extractor and I wish I would have built my own now. It is trial and error and that has been done over and over with all the talent in that thread. If you choose to still buy a pre made unit then my suggestion is BHOgart because I own one and I know they are good.

Seems to me that buying a turnkey unit from the engineer who open sourced the origianal designs that every one else copies is the only logical choice. Everytime I talk with Wolfwurx they have some new design element which addresses significant issues in closed loop systems. Considering the value of the end product produced and the imense safety issues involved, I would go with a pressure tested ready to rock MKVB.

I agree with epicchard. Why not go with the guy who has done all the work? WOLFWORKS

Of the safe designs out there VERY few don't own a lot to Graywolf. These guys should be sending GW a royalty for every unit they sell.

Many of the extractors being offered for sale are out right dangerous designs. These companies are just out for a fast money grab. People will be hurt.

Another side of this is: you probably should not be setting up these systems if you cannot design and build it yourself. I am not saying don't buy one- just really understand everything before you do. We get way too many people here who buy a cls and then show up here saying "how do I turn this thing on". These units will require real training for employees but at least one person around the shop should know the engineering. If not how will you know when bad habits start (and they always do).

Lefthand

I think terrp extractors are having success right now, because of a good website and because of advertising here. Not because of good customer or new designs.
Everybody was on Redbeards nuts whenever he was advertising on here.

Is Wolfwurx that busy that they are not concerned with their website or advertising?
Allot of potential customers have never even heard of wolfwurx.
In this era, advertising/social media is everything for a startup businesses
Are they more geared at working with disp/mips than hobbyists/caregivers?

Terrp is Greywolf's design exactly and everyone has great things to say about those guys.

Terrp is NOT who I was thinking of when I was speaking of bad designs.

Lefthand

I said New not Bad, mk3 design is proven and is over 2 years old.
They have had numerous complaints about not answering calls and emails, but I will not speak ill of forum advertisers..lol..
200.gif

Jdubba

Yah stay away from Terpp and Ironfist. These clowns can't deliver to save their life. Not sure why customers aren't bitching but I know of a shit ton of people waiting on stuff from Ironfist.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Sweetleaf is the best passive with dewaxing chamber. Terpenator is by far best design and wolf wurx is by far best engineers, builders and remain on the forefront if the industry.

I think why get a bhogart when a terpenator can be ran the same way if so desired.

subzero is a joke. IMO

epicorchard

Im sure in the future more customers will be able to purchase from Wolfwurx, but for now they seem to focus on producing the highest quality machines with amazing technical suport and follow through.

Can't wait to see where these guys are headed. Great product, Great people, and not profit driven. Unlike much of the competition, they won't give you the run around, especially if your lucky enough to be a paying customer.

Im sure in the future more customers will be able to purchase from Wolfwurx, but for now they seem to focus on producing the highest quality machines with amazing technical suport and follow through.

Can't wait to see where these guys are headed. Great product, Great people, and not profit driven. Unlike much of the competition, they won't give you the run around, especially if your lucky enough to be a paying customer.

We really appreciate all the kind words on here. Nothing concerns us more then turning good business away.

We do however stay up to our elbows in alligators & therefore haven't spent any money on advertising. We are not interested in just casually taking folks money & sending them on their way.

Thank you for all the constructive criticism, you guys are out there where the rubber hits the road & we value your opinion.

We do plan to advertise here with ICMAG soon. This is a wonderful site to learn. I'm just sure for now, we couldn't handle the extra clientele.

I hope the new year brings you all health, peace & prosperity.

WW

Latest posts

Latest posts