What's new

What Are You Watching Right Now Pt II.......

dramamine

I do,I'd love to go there,they're a riot to catch. The first big fish I ever caught as a young kid was a pike,it gave me butterflies and I've been hooked ever since.
You never forget the first big one you catch, right? Mine was a good size Dolly Varden on a little kid size rod when I was 4 or 5. Still have a picture of it, huge grin on my face.

moose eater

I do,I'd love to go there,they're a riot to catch. The first big fish I ever caught as a young kid was a pike,it gave me butterflies and I've been hooked ever since.
They bow fish for them here, too, often with a 'dark house' (soft structure like an ice fishing pop-up), over a larger opening in the ice, like a rectangular opening, maybe 3' or 4' by 5' or so), and a bow and arrow, which often has a spool of line on the side of the bow, and they use a decoy fish/lure to draw the pike into the area where they can release the arrow.

If you want to skip the sales pitch for his sponsor(s) re. the jackets they're wearing, fast forward to just after the 2" mark.

I know of one guy personally who does this out at Volkmar Lake in Interior Alaska; an off-road lake they snowmachine into in the wintertime.

Note: These guys aren't in Alaska; their ice is too thin, and they are also catching walleye on the side in another tent with reels and rods, and we don't have walleye in Alaska. Which is unfortunate.

Last edited:

moose eater

Watched 'Lucky' last night.

A fairly abstract and philosophical film that my wife and I found to be delightful, and a nice alternative to the movies that run the same plots and themes 1,000 times past way tired and over-done in the recycling of brain-dead mass-produced nonsense...

Funny at many moments, and heartfelt and enlightening at others.

I had a couple epiphanies or revelations as I watched the thing.

Last edited:

moose eater

2 nights ago. not what it seems in the trailer.

Hilarious in many ways, subtle and not. A bit tongue-in-cheek but not too overdone.

Another good movie to enjoy. Puts the commonplace violent movies of today in their place.

Good stuff.

dramamine

Watched 'Lucky' last night.

A fairly abstract and philosophical film that my wife and I found to be delightful, and a nice alternative to the movies that run the same plots and themes 1,000 times past way tired and over-done in the recycling of brain-dead mass-produced nonsense...

Funny at many moments, and heartfelt and enlightening at others.

I had a couple epiphanies or revelations as I watched the thing.

A good buddy of mine out in LA met Harry Dean Stanton at a party, maybe 10 years ago (?), and they did some drinkin' and talkin'. A real good guy, from what my friend said. I always liked his characters. I'll check that movie out.

Latest posts

Latest posts