What's new

What are you listening to? II

TerpeneDream

This summer, I'ver been listening to a ton of Jamaican Dub. Lee Perry, Earnest Ranglin, Jackie Mittoo, a lot of the Studio 1 stuff really.

Surf Rock is great in the summer too... Dick Dale (the King!, just saw him live recently..amazing), The Ventures, Duane Eddy, Surfaris, The Aqua velvets..

[YOUTUBEIF]NuyrY--vs3U[/YOUTUBEIF]

ButtStripe

Daft Punk- all albums but R.A.M. is fucking unreal if you haven't listened to it yet
Crystal Castles- all albums
The Knife- all albums
Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
David Bowie- Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Haven't heard this in 33 years! This is soul & 1/2... :D

[iframe1]dl7n2TWy2II[/iframe1]

[iframe1]kgacl73eiGw[/iframe1]

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

'course 1 good video begets another

a special 'Moondance' live:
Van Morrison w/Candy Dulfer on sax
and a wicked horn section.......

[iframe1]f-K8D7Yxd0w[/iframe1]

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

So many yrs ago (80s) when I worked @ a bar north of NYC I was allowed free reign over sticking oldies on the Seeburg 200 (100 records~200 sides) jukebox we had there, if the records didn't get played they'd be eliminated the next go 'round as the box had a play counter built into it, the vending company kept us up to date w/new tunes regularly. How convenient that just up the street we had a shop that sold old baseball cards, LPs & a shitload of vintage 45 records. I was a regular customer.

The following song 'Cool Water' by The Sons of the Pioneers reached #4 on the Country charts in 1947; whenever some old gray haired customers would walk in I'd step over to the juke and play this cut, 9 times outta 10 it got at least one of them to walk over to the juke in hopes of finding more. Yup, they'd find a few old swing/big band cuts, some classic jazz & classic country even though 95% of our customers were hard core rockers.

We were written up in the annual NY Times 'Top Jukeboxes' review of such trivialities on a few occasions. The first time we appeared in a Times writeup my boss walked over to me newspaper in hand and said "I suppose I have you to thank for this." I had no idea, I don't read the Times. It just felt good to be able to please people through good music.

[iframe1]amDo-KqUjpA[/iframe1]

I can see the players been disabled already here's the direct YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amDo-KqUjpA&feature=player_embedded

I hope you enjoy this cut, it's the best version of 'Cool Water' & the same one I had in our juke, it's most pleasing to listen when you're stoned, if music moves you this one's gonna take you for a long ride across the desert.......

Last edited:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
[iframe1]amDo-KqUjpA[/iframe1]

I can see the players been disabled already here's the direct YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amDo-KqUjpA&feature=player_embedded
I KNOW THAT TUNE! :D BTW used to party in Suffern, Herkimer & Lake Placid, NY and camp out on Bear mountain in 70's. ;)

dyingofthirst.jpg