What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Cuddles

i was thinking of something with more oomph.sorry link didnt work.ill try again
don´t worry, they have enough ooomph :) It takes a little more effort than the big ones where you put everything into a bowl and it does the work for you (I´ve always wanted one of those too , lol ) but hey, it´s also more economical ;) It only takes a few minutes to mix the dough.
sorry about the link. I only googled hand held mixer and it came up in the search results. The prices are pretty much the same over here, btw

Last edited:

sublingual

how do you make it thin and crispy? i eat pizza for the toppings, thick chewy "crust" is an oxymoron to me...:dunno: plus, i'm "supposed" to limit my bread intake because of diabetes. :badday:
If you want thin and crispy then you would add flour after the autolyze to lower hydration to 60-55%, a cracker dough.
I beat prediabetes by changing my diet about 10-15 years ago. I've had to quit my wine too. We were created for a vegetable diet; and, after seeing how whole food, plant based, improved my wife's health, I joined her a couple months ago and I've never felt better. Digestion is so nice and easy and I'm not hungry for anything. Legumes, nuts and seeds (flax, sesame, chia) fulfill my proteins.
I have to make a barley dough for the wife today as she has trouble with wheat. We don't know if she can handle it yet. She really liked the organic millet I cooked her, but we didn't bake with it. One can incorporate cooked grains in dough but it can be hit and miss from experience.
If you have the type 2, some folks say you can beat it with a plant-based diet.

Cuddles

If you want thin and crispy then you would add flour after the autolyze to lower hydration to 60-55%, a cracker dough.
I beat prediabetes by changing my diet about 10-15 years ago. I've had to quit my wine too. We were created for a vegetable diet; and, after seeing how whole food, plant based, improved my wife's health, I joined her a couple months ago and I've never felt better. Digestion is so nice and easy and I'm not hungry for anything. Legumes, nuts and seeds (flax, sesame, chia) fulfill my proteins.
I have to make a barley dough for the wife today as she has trouble with wheat. We don't know if she can handle it yet. She really liked the organic millet I cooked her, but we didn't bake with it. One can incorporate cooked grains in dough but it can be hit and miss from experience.
If you have the type 2, some folks say you can beat it with a plant-based diet.
I have to avoid wheat too and as a result I have no choice but to make my own stuff. The only good thing about it is that I can´t just buy sandwiches etc when I´m out and about. And as I´m often kinda lazy I automatically consume less bread lol.
I mainly use spelt/ dinkel flour.

sublingual

I have a spiral mixer that I hardly use. About 700$ 20 years ago. If I make a big batch I use it but last time just used a big bowl and a big spoon for around 3 kilos of dough. I weigh grams 1000, and a liter of water by the measuring line. After the additions of ground flax, fennel, garlic, cayenne, poppy seeds into the dough and flour to lower hydration to my liking, its about 6.6 pounds which will keep me for a while. I also added 8 grams of distillate-87% THC.

sublingual

I have to avoid wheat too and as a result I have no choice but to make my own stuff. The only good thing about it is that I can´t just buy sandwiches etc when I´m out and about. And as I´m often kinda lazy I automatically consume less bread lol.
I mainly use spelt/ dinkel flour.
We don't know if its gluten intolerance (its not, but she still reacts). Have you tried millet? I made it before and it tasted weird, but the last time it was delicious. I don't know what changed, maybe me. It was better quality millet for one thing, not in bulk bins but sealed package.
The 3 sisters of maize, beans, and squash have sustained peoples for centuries.

Cuddles

I have a spiral mixer that I hardly use. About 700$ 20 years ago. If I make a big batch I use it but last time just used a big bowl and a big spoon for around 3 kilos of dough. I weigh grams 1000, and a liter of water by the measuring line. After the additions of ground flax, fennel, garlic, cayenne, poppy seeds into the dough and flour to lower hydration to my liking, its about 6.6 pounds which will keep me for a while. I also added 8 grams of distillate-87% THC.
sounds like a very interesting bread. What do you usually use for toppings? Never occured to me to use THC in bread or pizza, lol

Cuddles

We don't know if its gluten intolerance (its not, but she still reacts). Have you tried millet? I made it before and it tasted weird, but the last time it was delicious. I don't know what changed, maybe me. It was better quality millet for one thing, not in bulk bins but sealed package.
The 3 sisters of maize, beans, and squash have sustained peoples for centuries.
Not sure I would enjoy millet in my baguette lol. My book says it´s healthy for me but I hardly ever use it because I´m never sure what to do with it. But yeah, I could try to include some in an experimental bread roll next time I make bread.

sublingual

sounds like a very interesting bread. What do you usually use for toppings? Never occured to me to use THC in bread or pizza, lol
the THC dough was used in a waffle iron. I've never put distillate in a pizza but the dough is the same (sourdough, which helps digestion I think). You could easily though. The waffles make dosing easier since the machine flattens the dough uniformly. I've never used batter in the machine, just yeast dough. Garlic and onion powder as a preservative for the dough. Ginger powder as a conditioner usually. Vit. C or vinegar to adjust acid and taste.

• Love
Reactions: Gry

sublingual

i'm gonna die from it then. i had a bacon/ham/tenderloin biscuit at a breakfast place near here the other day. the little old lady that took my order asked me "are you in a hurry...to die, i mean?"

i'm gonna die from it then. i had a bacon/ham/tenderloin biscuit at a breakfast place near here the other day. the little old lady that took my order asked me "are you in a hurry...to die, i mean?"
For me, I like to think whom I'm living for than what I'm dying from. I died to myself nearly 51 years ago. He even inspired my Cannabis activism and led in some decisions. He made it and blessed it, calling it "good."

velorex

Reindeer casserole with sourcream and brown goat cheese
1000005678.jpg
1000005679.jpg
1000005681.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts