What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Birmaan

Pork Belly
20230410_164502.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yellow perch? never tried them, hear wonderful things though. there are a few in a trout river here (the Hiwassee), but nowhere else in the state that i am aware of. i feel like i am missing out, somehow...:badday:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
right now?'

yellow perch deep fried in panko in a big bun with the "kushy perch sauce" avec

hope the crappie are up now?
they "should" be up shallow and spawning right now, but they filled the lakes here so fast with all of the rain, that it has got the fish "discombobulated" somewhat...most TVA lakes here damn near full, shouldn't be like that until late May.

Reactions: Rgd

Rgd

Veteran
they "should" be up shallow and spawning right now, but they filled the lakes here so fast with all of the rain, that it has got the fish "discombobulated" somewhat...most TVA lakes here damn near full, shouldn't be like that until late May.
I live north of usa..they should be staging and chasing minnows though..yeh usually this time of year they start then we get three days of rain..not this week thankfully
so I am outta here bobber and 1” power bait minnow avec

this could be the day

ps

..perch burgers rock

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yes, of all freshwater,they are hard to beat
is their flavor much different from big bluegill or crappie? maybe the colder waters there make a difference...big shellcrackers are great too. mountain folks here say that hornyheads (stonerollers) are the best. they'll tell me where i can catch native brook trout but can't seem to remember what tiny creek they got the chubs in... :dunno:

Reactions: Rgd

Dime

is their flavor much different from big bluegill or crappie? maybe the colder waters there make a difference...big shellcrackers are great too. mountain folks here say that hornyheads (stonerollers) are the best. they'll tell me where i can catch native brook trout but can't seem to remember what tiny creek they got the chubs in... :dunno:
I'm not good at descriptions.They are kind of neutral tasting to me,nothing strong,the meat is very flaky,not really comparable to other fish that I've had. I love cod and these are tied,they are the best tasting caught under the ice,it gets addictive,hard to describe but when you eat them it just feels healthy. I think new rules in our area have a 100 limit and you can limit out quick some days. One day and I'm good for a long time.My area I think trout up by bayfield or the st clair river when they run along with salmon ,itll be soon,we've caught rainbow ,I think the brooks you would need real clean and oxygenated water but I haven't fished for them

Latest posts

Latest posts