What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weihenstephaner was my go to for beer. Costs more but worth it, unless you are chugging them down, then taste is not important. Paulaner was good too. Bourbon only now and not much of it.

How people drink those over hopped IPA's is beyond me. Pinesol beer. And the ones that add fruit and stuff too it, hehe.

I always worry about yeast turning the alcohol into vinegar. With high alcohol content and a burper is this still a concern?

With this talk of skunky beers, it's making want some Grolsch. Mix that with some sorta spicy cheese thing....makes a fantastic dip or cheesy cake! Totally delicious!

More Rainier today 😄!

right

Lagunitas IPA

16975024440127318455119275521552.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I always worry about yeast turning the alcohol into vinegar. With high alcohol content and a burper is this still a concern?

Bacteria is responsible for souring the alcohol that the yeast made.

Keeping things sanitized before the primary fermentation is complete is key.

Air exposure and inopportune temperature are the next usual suspects.

After primary fermentation has subsided the pH and higher alcohol content should be making your booze a lot less friendly to bacteria... not bulletproof but less friendly.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Vinegar is a different reaction/culture, and yes high alcohol and keeping it under an airlock will prevent vinegar. Using a packet of real yeast is definitely the easiest way to get what you want in the batch.

The can of peaches in the jail house hooch recipe should smell good after 2-3 days and not 'off' in any way. You 'are' getting a random mix of stuff in the air and occasionally you might get a foul smelling can. Try not to open the peaches can for this purpose near garbage and bathrooms. ;)

shithawk420

Veteran
If a bar fight breaks out they can wash the blood off their clothes before the pigs arrive. :biggrin:
unfortunately i think its a 4 drink minimum and they dont sell hard liquor.but i was drinking before i got there and in the parking lot.im sure other people were too.also there was a nail salon too lol the Quad Cities are a weird place

Latest posts

Latest posts