What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

shithawk420

Veteran
time travel to hunt a species you knew was going to be extinct in the future would be guilt-free, unlike possibly killing a tiger, elephant, or polar bear (none of which i would consider), which may or may not be around in another hundred years or so. i wonder what caliber rifle you would need to penetrate a T-Rex skull before it got to you? that would make an elephant charge look "ho-hum"...:unsure:
probably dont need nothing like a 50 caliber.they were smaller than the jurassic park movies.im a ninja so i could probably sneak up on it with a sword and kill it.that dont work get the 357 out.oh right.back to reality.drinking shitty ole natural ice like i do everyday.worst and cheapest liqour i ever had was charcoal filtered.if that made it better id hate to drink that shit before it was filtered.it was bad enough as it was

shithawk420

Veteran
out of Bud Light?
Don't drink light beer.its more expensive and I'd literally have to drink a 30 pack.buy the time I actually finished it I wouldn't be drunk unless I chugged them like crazy.plus all the bathroom trips is no fun.id heard lots of stores are having a hard time selling it.if I got a good discount I'd think of buying a case or 2 to drink in between the ice beer

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Don't drink light beer.its more expensive and I'd literally have to drink a 30 pack.buy the time I actually finished it I wouldn't be drunk unless I chugged them like crazy.plus all the bathroom trips is no fun.id heard lots of stores are having a hard time selling it.if I got a good discount I'd think of buying a case or 2 to drink in between the ice beer
i refused on principle to drink light beer. i virtually quit drinking beer when Michelob was sold & then discontinued. their regular beer was the only one i liked, and the bastards quit making it ! no lite, light, dry, draft, can, or light dry draft in a can...fuck 'em.

shithawk420

Veteran
i refused on principle to drink light beer. i virtually quit drinking beer when Michelob was sold & then discontinued. their regular beer was the only one i liked, and the bastards quit making it ! no lite, light, dry, draft, can, or light dry draft in a can...fuck 'em.
i agree.i didnt even notice they stoped selling regular michelob.all i see is ultra light.never met a light beer i liked but i guess Amstel light was ok taste wise but i could never get drunk on it.my tolerance is through the roof.think im gonna try to take a few day break.i gotta go out of my way to get a good beer.lots 4 loko crap and mikes hard stuff.its ridicoulas in iowa.they tax the shit out of it and charge me just to use my debit card.fukers charged me 30 bucks for a 30 pack of natural ice.i could get that for less than 20 bucks in IL.when you drink everyday it adds up quick.

moose eater

i like a good porter.you ever have a black and tan moose?yeungling makes a decent one for the price.ABV isnt that high though.maybe 5.0.cant remember
I've done the Bass, or Harp, or whoever it was, black and tan of a dark or stout with a more pale beer and something else, years ago.

I think around St. Patty's Day many years ago, one of the Irish or Brit brewers sold 12-packs that were half dark and half pale for the specific holiday, and, of course, being a patriotic Irishman, I spend-thriftly squandered a $20 or thereabouts on it.

Haven't trifled with that since.

Never was one for boilermakers, either. Though I certainly did my part once or twice to disprove that old singsong about liquor before beer, and beer before liquor. Not sure it made any difference. After 3 or 4 potent beverages, it all became irrelevant and comically strange anyway.

Though alcohol was never a real thing for me. Had plenty of other obsessions to take up my recreational cash flow.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
I've done the Bass, or Harp, or whoever it was, black and tan of a dark or stout with a more pale beer and something else, years ago.

I think around St. Patty's Day many years ago, one of the Irish or Brit brewers sold 12-packs that were half dark and half pale for the specific holiday, and, of course, being a patriotic Irishman, I spend-thriftly squandered a $20 or thereabouts on it.

Haven't trifled with that since.

Never was one for boilermakers, either. Though I certainly did my part once or twice to disprove that old singsong about liquor before beer, and beer before liquor. Not sure it made any difference. After 3 or 4 potent beverages, it all became irrelevant and comically strange anyway.

Though alcohol was never a real thing for me. Had plenty of other obsessions to take up my recreational cash flow.
yeah i understand.unfortunatly alcohol is my bane.never really had a problem with other drugs for better or for worse.id get a bottle of jack and chase it with beer.hopefully im past that point but its always in the back of my mind.but once i get started its on.im not proud to admit i took a couple hits of crack a few months ago but never thought about it since.it was the first time in ten years.we all have our banes.i dont judge anyone till fuckers wanna rob me cause of meth addiction.anyway sorry.im going off topic.been up a couple days.punks are shooting guns or fireworks or something all night.sorry.i just wanna say i never robbed anyone cause i needed a beer

mexweed

Veteran
even what used to be cheaper beer is expensive nowadays, I found a liquor store ran by an older Asian lady possibly Thai or Singaporean that has Spaten for $10 a 6 pack, they also had a local (same state) brand's pilsner that was $9, whereas Moosehead or Heineken from whatever store is like $12-$13

moose eater

yeah i understand.unfortunatly alcohol is my bane.never really had a problem with other drugs for better or for worse.id get a bottle of jack and chase it with beer.hopefully im past that point but its always in the back of my mind.but once i get started its on.im not proud to admit i took a couple hits of crack a few months ago but never thought about it since.it was the first time in ten years.we all have our banes.i dont judge anyone till fuckers wanna rob me cause of meth addiction.anyway sorry.im going off topic.been up a couple days.punks are shooting guns or fireworks or something all night.sorry.i just wanna say i never robbed anyone cause i needed a beer
I can't afford or tolerate any of the obsessions I once had. I own a boat, a couple older 4-wheelers, and 4 motor vehicles.

With my obsessive-compulsive disorder regarding thing needing to 'be right', I can't afford much else, but a few good beers, some decent tequila, and organic amendments for my soilless mixes... and sometimes rolling papers.

My wife never used to raise an eyebrow regarding money being spent to get things straight, to build, or to recreate, but even she recently brought up the old adage about a boat being a hole in the water into which one throws money.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the old adage about a boat being a hole in the water into which one throws money.
yeah...i wanted a pontoon boat for forty years. well, last year, i was "gifted" one. been working ever since trying to get it running and out to the lake. more trouble than it's worth so far. my cat gets some use out of it. she sleeps most of the day in the captains chair, basking in the sun like a reptile...

moose eater

yeah...i wanted a pontoon boat for forty years. well, last year, i was "gifted" one. been working ever since trying to get it running and out to the lake. more trouble than it's worth so far. my cat gets some use out of it. she sleeps most of the day in the captains chair, basking in the sun like a reptile...
Take 2 motors when you go. You'll likely need them. And if one is a newer kicker, it'll cost you more for that 4-stroke kicker now than anything else on or in that boat.

Those are additional 'boat owners' rules' #1.6.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Take 2 motors when you go. You'll likely need them. And if one is a newer kicker, it'll cost you more for that 4-stroke kicker now than anything else on or in that boat.

Those are additional 'boat owners' rules' #1.6.
yeah, i've been looking at motors. only room for one the way the engine compartment is enclosed. it would have to be mounted on the bow for a second one....that would be a clusterfuck of another magnitude. every time i get something "for free", it always costs me. :shucks:

moose eater

yeah, i've been looking at motors. only room for one the way the engine compartment is enclosed. it would have to be mounted on the bow for a second one....that would be a clusterfuck of another magnitude. every time i get something "for free", it always costs me. :shucks:
Weld an aluminum mount to the side of the existing primary power. You'll thank yourself later when Murphy visits you.

brickweeder

the dude that gave you the boat was like "Fuck Yeah!" right after he pawned it off on you...but on the flip side, you got one cool cat bed...

mexweed

Veteran
I actually haven't been drinking any alcohol or smoking/dabbing for a bit now, had been delivering amazon with my car but it got repoed last week, bank account is like -$250 on a $500 overdraft limit, I am taking an 8 week 16 credit college semester narrowly avoiding eviction with student loans

I tore down the tent and trashed the bigger plants I had going that were ready to flip because I thought there was going to be an annual inspection, but when I asked about it the management told me "what inspection?" so now I have to set the tent back up and get some cuts I took and kept stashed into 1 gallon from their cups

I've also been running probably too fine of a line of almost running out/not being able to afford insulin throughout all of it, if it wasn't for an online coupon I would probably be dead or worse in the hospital without good insurance, I also haven't been able to pay for my insurance in months but luckily they are not dropping my coverage

I have a bike I need to adjust the brakes on and get up and running, but I'm pretty sure my helmet and chain/lock are in my car, which I am not going to be able to go and fetch my personal items from for quite some time, I already have a midterm coming up on the 15th that I have to make a ~7 mile round trip to campus on foot to take

I have made a couple ~5 mile round trip stops to the store on foot, the first of which involved the plastic bags failing along the way, so I took my shirt off and wrapped the items in it which were pretty heavy there were 2 tomato cans and a jug of orange juice among some smaller items, carried it with one hand gripping a thick chunk of fabric with the bag of dog food over my opposite shoulder

so far I have to say I like not having a car more than having one, to see horrendous traffic and know that I don't have to be involved in it is nice, I may look into a street legal dirt bike or dumb and dumber style scooter at some point, when I looked up the street legal Husqvarnas though they're like $13,000

moose eater

I actually haven't been drinking any alcohol or smoking/dabbing for a bit now, had been delivering amazon with my car but it got repoed last week, bank account is like -$250 on a $500 overdraft limit, I am taking an 8 week 16 credit college semester narrowly avoiding eviction with student loans

I tore down the tent and trashed the bigger plants I had going that were ready to flip because I thought there was going to be an annual inspection, but when I asked about it the management told me "what inspection?" so now I have to set the tent back up and get some cuts I took and kept stashed into 1 gallon from their cups

I've also been running probably too fine of a line of almost running out/not being able to afford insulin throughout all of it, if it wasn't for an online coupon I would probably be dead or worse in the hospital without good insurance, I also haven't been able to pay for my insurance in months but luckily they are not dropping my coverage

I have a bike I need to adjust the brakes on and get up and running, but I'm pretty sure my helmet and chain/lock are in my car, which I am not going to be able to go and fetch my personal items from for quite some time, I already have a midterm coming up on the 15th that I have to make a ~7 mile round trip to campus on foot to take

I have made a couple ~5 mile round trip stops to the store on foot, the first of which involved the plastic bags failing along the way, so I took my shirt off and wrapped the items in it which were pretty heavy there were 2 tomato cans and a jug of orange juice among some smaller items, carried it with one hand gripping a thick chunk of fabric with the bag of dog food over my opposite shoulder

so far I have to say I like not having a car more than having one, to see horrendous traffic and know that I don't have to be involved in it is nice, I may look into a street legal dirt bike or dumb and dumber style scooter at some point, when I looked up the street legal Husqvarnas though they're like $13,000
Sorry to read of such states of being Mex.

Keep stroking the best you can.

Hopefully you get your head above water soon.