What's new

What are UK commercial grower growing now?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya, why do cops[as in op link] always look like there the kid who nobody sat next to in school and or the kid who had no mates and often got bullied? weird,,,peace s2

Harry Lime

Veteran
hiya, why do cops[as in op link] always look like there the kid who nobody sat next to in school and or the kid who had no mates and often got bullied? weird,,,peace s2

dunno about that. 3 kids from my years at school joined he cops. each one was a bully

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran

try dealing with a short officer, concentrated bitchiness and power tripping.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I grew a 10 pack of the White Russian 8 years ago and it was laughed at compared to a exo cheese bud, however cheese is a tad boring compared to the new genetic lineup now, so onwards and upwards. Casey 3 weeks in the tent, love the casey jones, spears galore and easy to grow.

Peace

ive had white russian before really potent but that was it..harsh on the throat too

just been given an ak x white russian from the locals.. been told its nice and yields like a champ done in 8-9 wk

ive got the casey mate but dont think its gunna be ideal for my setup with her insane stretch i may try one next as im really itching to smoke it

do you veg her big to stall stretch?

peace

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
dunno about that. 3 kids from my years at school joined he cops. each one was a bully

i knew someone who smoked some weed and had a mini breakdown. he was convinced he could speak in tongues, he was very odd and became delusional.
he then became a happy clappy born again christian. saw him not too long ago and he has now become a police officer.

this is the calibre of some of the uk's police officers....

C

ChemFrog

Roll it large I left these forum because of idiots like you. Its not a populaity contenst grow up and start saying something positive or constructive. You spat your dummy out beause I negged repped you nobody else. You really are a grade a plonker. and thats the last I'll be on these froums whilsts theres immature twits like you on here.

Longshotcheesedick you forgot to mention! you are on of those idiots on icmag forum who is full of dioreah:laughing:

brock1

I'm surprised no ones mentioned blacktooth kromes isit? Not sure was gifted to me. She's fast, sweet, serious appeal and yields huge! Her growth is like between an og and chem and has a x 1.5 stretch.

Last round with her I had in 1m2 x 9 cuts under a 600 cheap power plant light old bulb (3rd crop) hand fed in coco, canna nutes and the plants averaged 3 1/2 oz. 2week veg

:ying:

i will be running blacktooth once i get my critical haze cropped. the critical haze can give nice yield and there's some nice keepers but there's a lot of hermi's in them aswell and they take 10 weeks to flower. anyone grow black dominaxgrapefruit blueberry? i think it's by blazing pistols? this is going in with the blacktooth next i got them giving and don't know much about them.:dunno:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Commie growers come in all shapes and sizes. Some are v switched on and know their shit-others are frankly dickheads who may, for example, insist on 'cheese' when they have no idea what it is and, despite the fact that the 'cheese' they have grown might look, smell and grow differently, still insist that they have grown 'cheese' and demand more 'cheese' babies. These type of people get 'cheese' to run. Whatever it is-it is cheese.
You could substitute Widow-WRussian-Old Skool Skunk etc for cheese in this example. In short many commie growers grow what they are given, not really knowing the slightest thing about the genetics that they realise. Sometimes the people who procure the babies are not the growers-which creates a further opportunity for names-labels-or brands to be changed or invented. And babies may change hands a number of times between those who made them and those who grow them.
Nobody, not the growers nor the clone vendors, like to admit this, but it is true, because it makes them look either mercenary or stupid.
In my experience the vast majority of commie producers grow from cuttings rather than using seedlings-or making their own stock from seedlings, which makes much of the discussion of seed companies, in this context, irrelevant.
Further-often those producing babies in larger numbers will actively avoid contact with the commie growers that they are ultimately supplying preferring to sell to intermediaries (wholesalers) who will deal with the running around and the commie growers. This is because, in general, commie growers are a higher risk group whom you might not want to know-or them to know you.

Having said this it is possible to identify, or recognise, certain strains that remain popular on the commercial scene.
In the West Country -Bristol Kush is still big. LA Confidential has become quite popular in recent years as have a variety of newer Kush strains, eg Lemon Kush.
K2. Nebula. PoG and AK are still common. In S Glos there is a diesel X that is frequently getting run of late. WRussian and Hash Plant are still regulars. Critical Mass and a newer one called Super Critical are in too.
Another one that is becoming popular is LSD. I've not grown or smoked it but am hearing more and more larger growers ask for it-

I've not run PoG for a couple of years-and the PoG that I used to do was either bought in Bristol, from a mate, circa 2006, or produced from seeds brought from the Bristol Genuine Seed Bank around that time-it produced v respectable ganja and was, marginally, the biggest yielder (over 2004-6 AK47) that i have run.

The scene is sooo big and diverse that it is difficult to characterize what is in and what is out on a meaningfull level-but we try
:groupwave:
peace and love brothers and sisters because Only Love is Real
respect to warehouse crews and wardrobe merchants alike
yoyo

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Commercial Grow

Commercial Grow

I'm quite happy doing a coupla runs a year with my two 600s but I can't help but get a bonk on when I read what big growers are up to. So what are the current popular strains amongst commercial growers and, more importantly, why?

Hi Harry,
We've posted before so you might recall that my recent grow was a rescue from a commercial grow that had to be taken down 5 weeks into flower.
The grow was in a commercial unit and took a room within a room approach. Double skinned & insulated. 10 x 8' x 4' tables with 12 large ladies on each. 20K, full hydro, a/c etc. Best harvest was 560 oz. The ladies were a local strain a grower had hybridised & feminised over a few years. It was Power Plant crossed with UK Cheese. The PP gave it great structure and huge buds. The cheese increased the potency dramatically. This was cloned for over four years and was an amazing crop.
Stay safe :tiphat:

Harry Lime

Veteran
Hi Harry,
We've posted before so you might recall that my recent grow was a rescue from a commercial grow that had to be taken down 5 weeks into flower.
The grow was in a commercial unit and took a room within a room approach. Double skinned & insulated. 10 x 8' x 4' tables with 12 large ladies on each. 20K, full hydro, a/c etc. Best harvest was 560 oz. The ladies were a local strain a grower had hybridised & feminised over a few years. It was Power Plant crossed with UK Cheese. The PP gave it great structure and huge buds. The cheese increased the potency dramatically. This was cloned for over four years and was an amazing crop.
Stay safe :tiphat:

I must have missed that one Iffy. It sounds like just the sort of stuff I like reading about in bed, can you link me up to the thread please?

Was the PP Dutch Passion? I loved growing that girl but she was a little too leggy for my limited head room. Crossed with cheese sounds interesting.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I must have missed that one Iffy. It sounds like just the sort of stuff I like reading about in bed, can you link me up to the thread please?

Was the PP Dutch Passion? I loved growing that girl but she was a little too leggy for my limited head room. Crossed with cheese sounds interesting.

powerplant that i had was good yielding but was bland in taste and smell. im sure theres better cuts around though

mack 10

Veteran
Holla UK,
Here's some dry shot's of the cut i received as chem d, It is not the D so i renamed it V2.(it is most likelly Chem's Sister? maybe.) Check her out, she's real frosty,good yield.This cut will def purp up, you can see a hint in the bud. she is real greasy and a breeze to grow.
mack.

Attachments

• 100_7199.jpg
    100_7199.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_7201.jpg
    100_7201.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_7202.jpg
    100_7202.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_7203.jpg
    100_7203.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_7205.jpg
    100_7205.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
Chem jones for the last 4 months, 15 ltr pots, 4 - 5 oz per plant in a warehouse, we've never seen that yield before, 600 w lights, all mix, 20 or 30 kw rooms.. It yields like a pig and smells of chemdog all the way!!!!!!!!......... Killerskunk s a relative competitor from ugorg if you want the blues smell a bit more

Downside

10 weeks flower chem jones vs our 8 weeks critical mass ( sometimes 7.5 wk )

However Ive done the maths for a years run etc, Chem jones wins!!!!!!!!!!

Whoop Whoop :)

SupaFunk

Veteran
Smoke, Did you go from seed or cuts? If the former, what are the 'stand out' phenos to look for in the Chem Jones?

My mate has some packs to run next so would love to hear about what you found, if you went from seed originally?

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Chem jones for the last 4 months, 15 ltr pots, 4 - 5 oz per plant in a warehouse, we've never seen that yield before, 600 w lights, all mix, 20 or 30 kw rooms.. It yields like a pig and smells of chemdog all the way!!!!!!!!......... Killerskunk s a relative competitor from ugorg if you want the blues smell a bit more

Downside

10 weeks flower chem jones vs our 8 weeks critical mass ( sometimes 7.5 wk )

However Ive done the maths for a years run etc, Chem jones wins!!!!!!!!!!

Whoop Whoop :)

Respect mate.

It's rare to see commercial growers using quality soil and taking interesting strains to maturity (in my experience).

Saying that the viets use biobizz/canna soil, but everything else I see is unflushed and immature.

It's refreshing to see that level of care these days, I salute you!

Peace

Ganja baba

Veteran
this cut smells of straight up orange peel funk with abit of fuel to it some of the tastiest stuff around without a doubt walking into the room blindfolded you wouldn't think it was cannabis

a true gem and iirc only one seed was popped not seen or heard of another pheno like this but that's polyhybrids for ya

peace

i found the rest of the pack of agent orange seeds and gave them to banaman last week so will be looking for a male and a new female gonna make a real old school orange skunk using the pineapple and the agent o

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
i found the rest of the pack of agent orange seeds and gave them to banaman last week so will be looking for a male and a new female gonna make a real old school orange skunk using the pineapple and the agent o

now that sounds great mate

keep us posted on how that one turns out

peace