What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are the headiest/most psychedelic strains?

Yodabuds

LOL!!! In the 80's? I am of that age to have been old enough in that decade and guess what that pure cholcate tie probably was PCP in the 80's LOL!!!! j/k
Yodabuds :)

Useless

Yodabuds said:
LOL!!! In the 80's? I am of that age to have been old enough in that decade and guess what that pure cholcate tie probably was PCP in the 80's LOL!!!! j/k
Yodabuds :)

HAHAHAHAHA
:rasta:

Well, it's wasn't PCP, or laced with it, but could very well have been opiate dipped.

G

soxy said:
Use a 430 Sun Agro...far superior to an ordinary 400....blue spectrum=bloom.

blue spectrum = bloom? I thought it was the other way around... :confused:

G

a buddy of mine grew out Viet Black. That stuff was pure head. You don't even know you're high until you stand up and it punches you in the face like Lennox Lewis.

G

Kinderfeld said:
blue spectrum = bloom? I thought it was the other way around... :confused:

Yeah Blue is mostly for veg growth, but the bulb does have a far superior output, both in lumens and color spectra, compared to a plain jane HPS like I have now.

G

Pure Thai

That stuff is just to much for me. Never hit that shit like a normal joint at a party, WOW. I'll be checking out Neville's Haze from Shanti next.
Good luck,
BG

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganjafari said:
hey,
Mothers finest is one of my favorites, the description from sensi is right on and I really couldn't say it any better, it says there are less frequent indica influenced phenotypes, yet I didn't find any. and the last sentence says it all for me; sharp pine-haze aroma, yum! no fruit and stinky/sticky
It's my favorite for doin' stuff!

peace
G

Another incredible hybrid with roots in the Jack Herer breeding program, this next-generation Sativa is one of Sensi’s more recent creations. Upon release, Mother's Finest was an instant hit, winning first place for Sativa at the 2002 Cannabis Cup just a few months later. Mother's Finest is more a Hazey offshoot of the Herer line than a direct Jack-descendant. However, just like Jack Flash, Mother's Finest is best understood as a purposeful fine-tuning of Jack Herer’s multi-faceted gene pool.

Jack Herer sits right on the cusp of the Sativa-Indica divide, Jack Flash is a Skunk-heavy variant and our gorgeous Mother's Finest - with her sweet-sour flavour rush and ecstatic cerebral high - represents the Haze-dominant side of the family Naturally, the most Sativa-leaning examples of Mother's Finest will require the full flowering time, though this is still a considerably shorter period than comparable Haze hybrids. Less frequent phenotypes with a stronger Indica influence can mature in eight weeks. Mother's Finest gains height quickly when blooming, even in her more Indica form, so growers with limited upward space should flower early. Like other mostly-Sativa hybrids, this strain can be put into 12/12 as rooted clones or small seedlings.

The divine sight and smell of Mother's Finest in full flower will delight any lover of cannabis, right up to the most dedicated Sativa worshiper. Her conical bud formation takes shape early in flowering as profuse sprays of long-haired calyxes sprint along the stem and branches to join up the clusters at each internode. In later weeks, the spear-shaped colas expand into impressive lime green stalactites of crystal-smothered bud. As her pistils darken, the calyxes of Mother's Finest swell and harden, maximising the surface area available for resin glands to multiply. Some phenotypes display extra-vigorous production, forcing calyxes into miniature peaks at the top and sides of large buds, giving the main colas a wickedly horned look. Elements of musky, fruity skunk and earthy Afghanica are clearly detectable beneath the sharp pine-Haze aroma of Mother's Finest buds.

I keep one MF since 2003.Some of my friends don´t want to smoke her....and they use to smoke everydays ;D

Dr Leary

what are the headiest/most psychedelic strains?

One has to define what is meant by psychedelic. If you mean similar to dropping acid, color distortions, psychotic events (hearing and seeing things that aren't there). For me psychedelic means color distortions and the only time I had that was when I smoked the HOG back in 1972. It was as if I was walking around in a cartoon for 4 hours. It was a day I will never forget. I have been searching for that Holy Grail ever since then.

G

Raco said:
I keep one MF since 2003.Some of my friends don´t want to smoke her....and they use to smoke everydays ;D

Right on Raco!
About the Mothers Finest.
Do your friends not like to smoke it because it is too strong? Psychedelic ?
Have you smoked the Jack Herrer? The taste is way different for me compaired to JH. I didn't know of their relation till just recently.
I liked it for the pine taste and the yeald, especially good in crosses.
I too noticed it was quite potent, lol.

peace G
:rasta:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
Commercial sativa strains like SSH, Jack Herer, C99 are all fine and well, but in my experience, only pure sativas like Zamal, Malawi Gold and Thai are truly psychedelic. Try and get hold of some Female Seeds Zamal x Neville's Haze or Zamal x Skunk Special, I have a zamal pheno of the former that is very psychedelic.

K2, Belladonna and Santa Maria are all pretty psychedlic commercial offerings, but psychedelic in a different way.

Malawi Gold is available a few places and is pretty pschedelic, I could mention lots more but few are available to buy anywhere. Look out for things like Colombian Black, Vietnamese Black, Thai etc. appearing on seedbay, keep an eye on breeder's choice, they have a few offerings that would fit the bill, including original Haze.

Good info :yes:

Wev

Head high

Head high

Thumbs up for Pineapple Cindy99XPanama Red. When more people find out about the high from this fantastic sativa its gonna be a classic, jack.

Wev

Great for Looking at the Stars in the Middle of a dark cold Night.My friend told me it got him higher then ever before and loved it.easy roots in water<10days.

_Haste_

It sounds to me like you are looking for a landrace sativa...

Through my own personal experiences.. the trippiest most psychedelic strain without any body high is highland oaxacan..

Coming in at second place is the original haze.. some of the phenotypes have the most electrifying head high. period.. not as trippy though..

I've unfortunately never had the chance to smoke a pure thai strain.. but there has always been a lot of chocolate thai in my area.. well not like it used to be.. but its still around and i can confidently assume that a pure thai would easily come in third in my book..

Have always dreamed of smoking Durban.. hopefully that will happen one day, but that is definitely another strain to look into..

I think your best bet is probably a haze.. there are many great hazes.. but the majority of them have had indica genetics mixed in at somepoint throughtout there lifetime so while the high is predominantly in the head there is still always a tiny little trace of a body high... if you truly want that weightless pure sativa high be careful in your strains selections... Tom Hill sells Sam the Skunkman's original haze by way of positronics.. The Flying Dutchmen also has Sam's genetics, but they were just bought out so i would be wary about buying there seeds until you can tell if their genetics are still as reputable as they used to be..

For someone who has never experienced the feeling of smoking a pure sativa it is overwhelmingly wonderful.. the feeling of not being weighed down at all is just amazing.. its just a complete enhancement of all the senses.. it makes me feel like a little kid again.. and in my opinion is the most enjoyable high..

It is all a matter of personal opinion though.. i prefer weed that motivates me and inspires me..

so shout out to all you sativa smokers.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
i was wondering what strains youve experienced that had no body buzz, no numbing, and no stone, but got the clearest most psychedelic high off of....ive heard about haze, ssh, c99, and durban.....but i want to know i few more like that
Tanzanian Magic and B-52 (Nirvana).

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fluffy Clouds

zamal, angola, malawi....

from hybrids good jack herrer is trippy stuff...

talking about commercial strains... SSH from MR NICE was the headiest Ive tried...

and some reaaaaaaaaaaaally psych experience with a Mexican landrace sativa... from the east cost...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hazes for sure. Enjoying Ace Old Timer's Haze and it is up and psychadelic proportional; to the amount smoked. Currently growing Ace Purple Haze x Meao Thai, which should be nice and trippy. Good luck in your search!

TheDillest

Kali Mist is often briefly mentioned in conversations like these...
Would anyone refute that Kali Mist has a nearly pure sativa high?/no stone effect?
Sativa high is what I'm trying to find, I can't buy it so I have to grow it. Will Kali fit the bill or am I better off hunting down something else?

Whats a good example of a strain that can be found/purchased easily as seed?