What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what a lb go for where you live?

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hamilton is 1800.00 for outdoor (fairly good) and 2200.00 for AA. AAA goes for 2500.00.

tgt

and how is a lb graded to be AAA

I know people that can command over 4k a lb and I have seen stuff that is moving for under 2k. It is all market and availability.

If you are lucky enough to be growing the same strain as High Times features that month, you will probably see an increase in demand

Gm421

Hamilton is 1800.00 for outdoor (fairly good) and 2200.00 for AA. AAA goes for 2500.00.

Im about 15 min from Hamilton and a lb of Killer or AAA as you call it is $3600.

$2000-2500 gets you a bag of junk.

I don't know lb prices here in Victoria, but I've seen an oz go for more than $200 only once. It was Lavender, but mislabeled P Kush (If its a purple indica, the dealers call it purple kush. Ridiculous.).

That being said, the prices are remarkably steady.
180-200 for kushes, romulans, heavy indicas and 'popular' strains ie blueberry
130-160 for anything sativa, or anything that doesn't have rock-hard buds or intense couch-lock. Lots of beautiful Texeda Timewarp and Timewarp hybrids are sitting around, not getting sold, because all anybody wants is that narcotic shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love my rommy before bedtime. I just feel for the people putting in the time to get these awesome sativas onto the market and then being shafted with the prices and getting their shit badmouthed just because it leaves you socially functional.

Oh well. As long as the shit I prefer is cheaper, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. And with my first harvest less than 2 weeks away, maybe I won't ever have to put up with all the dealer bs.

I mean, seriously. The last two guys I met didn't know the difference between an indica and a sativa. WTF!!!!!???
:rant:

rb420

Im about 15 min from Hamilton and a lb of Killer or AAA as you call it is $3600.

$2000-2500 gets you a bag of junk.

@ 3600 a pound, that is 225 an ounce. You can some top notch stuff around Hamilton for 200-250 an ounce. Leaving very little profit margin at the prices you indicate... As always, its just a matter of who you know I guess.

rb420

I mean, seriously. The last two guys I met didn't know the difference between an indica and a sativa. WTF!!!!!???

It is funny, when you spend time on here, and other similar sites, or hanging around growers, or even growing you own you have a tendency to become a little bit of a "pot snob". Trust me, i do not mean that in a bad way. But then you go talk to your average dealer, or wherever you get your pot from, and generally, they really don't know shit. At least that is my experience in my region. I know on the west coast the average joe is probably a little more pot smart than here in ontario

Gm421

@ 3600 a pound, that is 225 an ounce. You can some top notch stuff around Hamilton for 200-250 an ounce. Leaving very little profit margin at the prices you indicate... As always, its just a matter of who you know I guess.

It has nothing to do with who you know Its what you consider top notch stuff.

Could you post some pics of this top notch stuff from Hamilton for $200?

I would like to see what Im missing out on:)

D-Note

I don't know lb prices here in Victoria, but I've seen an oz go for more than $200 only once. It was Lavender, but mislabeled P Kush (If its a purple indica, the dealers call it purple kush. Ridiculous.).

That being said, the prices are remarkably steady.
180-200 for kushes, romulans, heavy indicas and 'popular' strains ie blueberry
130-160 for anything sativa, or anything that doesn't have rock-hard buds or intense couch-lock. Lots of beautiful Texeda Timewarp and Timewarp hybrids are sitting around, not getting sold, because all anybody wants is that narcotic shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love my rommy before bedtime. I just feel for the people putting in the time to get these awesome sativas onto the market and then being shafted with the prices and getting their shit badmouthed just because it leaves you socially functional.

Oh well. As long as the shit I prefer is cheaper, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. And with my first harvest less than 2 weeks away, maybe I won't ever have to put up with all the dealer bs.

Definetely looks like another one of those "who you know" situations. I have a hell of a time finding any form of acceptable genetics in Victoria outside of the dispensaries who charge 200-250 an ounce. Id kill for those prices :D

rb420

It has nothing to do with who you know Its what you consider top notch stuff.

Could you post some pics of this top notch stuff from Hamilton for $200?

I would like to see what Im missing out on:)

I will give you the benefit of not assuming you are trying to be an ass hat with the "prove it or my word means more that yours" attitude. It can be too easy to misconceive peoples intentions on the internet.

That said, no I cannot post pics of it at the present time. I am currently in college and am trying to cut back on my smoking habits in an effort to improve productivity. The couple people I know who sell that good pot, do not sell in quantities less than an ounce at a time. Sometimes on a good day, one guy will sell as low as half ounces.

Stupid? Depends on your perspective on the situation. Yeah you can get more money selling in lower quantities, but you attract different clientele.

I am not about to go buy an ounce of the pot for $220 just to prove a point over the internet. That doesn't mean its not out there!

Peace, Love and Happy toking!
:smokeit:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
prices are down, the border is shut til after the olympics. 1800 for junk and 2400 for quality kush.
6mo's ago 3200 for quality kush and 1800 for junk, bottom market is always the same here.

Gm421

I will give you the benefit of not assuming you are trying to be an ass hat with the "prove it or my word means more that yours" attitude. It can be too easy to misconceive peoples intentions on the internet.

I was taught to believe 5% of what you hear and 100% of what you see.

But seriously I just want to see some killer buds!

H

hulkbogan

Definetely looks like another one of those "who you know" situations. I have a hell of a time finding any form of acceptable genetics in Victoria outside of the dispensaries who charge 200-250 an ounce. Id kill for those prices :D

The black market stuff here is cheaper/better quality almost always. Theoretically if I sold weed my organic kush would be 180 and Jack Herer 160. If your indeed medical and tired of getting ripped off PM me maybe we can work something out.

Mushroomman the reason romulan and kushes cost more is because the guys growing the sativa hybrids like Jack Herer dont have to veg there plants very long and actually have a higher turn over than the guys growing stocky indicas. Also alot of the sativas here are grown outdoors suprisingly (dont mould as easy)and therefor are cheaper than indoor.

Mushroomman the reason romulan and kushes cost more is because the guys growing the sativa hybrids like Jack Herer dont have to veg there plants very long and actually have a higher turn over than the guys growing stocky indicas. Also alot of the sativas here are grown outdoors suprisingly (dont mould as easy)and therefor are cheaper than indoor.
:yeahthats

Very true! But at the same time there's much more market demand for indacas as opposed to sativas and sativa-dom hybrids (In my circles, at least). My gf and I are the only people I know that buy the Timewarp for reasons other than it being the cheapest.

rb420, I know what you mean about becoming a pot snob, although "connoisseur" sounds better :biggrin: I really am a dealers worst nightmare though, good thing I won't have to interact with them much longer. :smokeit:

D-note, the best prices always come from Camosun/Uvic kids, IME. As soon as someone gets married/has kids/has a mortgage/etc. the prices always go up. And to be honest, I've only sampled the edible line at VICS... I wouldn't be surprised if their ganja was well worth whatever they charge... but who knows. My gf gets her membership in the next few weeks, so I'll be sure to let you know how it compares!

H

hulkbogan

Its just your circle/buying off college kids/the whole commercial scene. Well grown ISS,Cotton candy,Super silver haze,NLxHaze, and other elite sativas are going for as much or more than kush. I remember before the kush blew up Jack Herer was the hype and everyone wanted jack... than everyone grew jack commercial and it became "mids" and is now worth a few hundred less per pound. Kush is going through the same thing, everyone grows it and people are becoming sick of it and prices are dropping. Too much of a good things is bad sometimes.

D-Note

Strange...I've rarely seen anything worth my time come through kids at Camosun/uVic...they are usually the ones whos eyes roll into the back of their head when they get a taste of good hash oil :D

calizhar.jpg

burmese.jpg

SSHbud.jpg

Some pics of my last few pickups Calizahr, Burmese, SSH. Calizahr and Burmese @ 240, SSH @ 255 :(

Definetely a legitimate medical user Hulkbogan, I vaporize BHO as well as a regimine of edibles. I will get a pm your way as soon as im able to do so, but it would be awesome if you could just get at me at dnote.mmar@gmail.com and we will work something out.

Some pics of my BHO:

SSH.jpg

sshburma.jpg

I was very impressed with the potency of the VICS edible line, especially their tincture...some of the only club edibles to have a solid effect on me, although it is still more affordable to produce them on my own.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
You just said the main reason - the average consumer rates their weed by either a) smell or b) color. I think another reason being is kush has a heavy comatose feeling that most people strive for. The only reason kush is expensive is supply and demand.

I totally agree with you and feel the same way about kush watering down the selection. But stand back and look at the situation; a grower can grow a strain in the same time as another strain but make way more money. So that grower will pick kush and the next grower and the next grower and so on. Sucks big time.

Most true Kush doesn't produce a lot. So a grower has to be comopensated for the loss of yeild. Now the fact that Kush hybrids are demanding Kush prices is too bad. But supply and demand still prevails.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
It is just a rating system we have around here. Tripple A is usually the dried to perfection, in limited qualtity and extremely potent and tasty with excellent bag appeal. I guess sales wise is what it is rated on. I know its kind of silly because I have had AA and its been better than the tripple A. Just a silly way to rate, but in all honesty it is usually accurate for sales purposes.

TGT

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Dense, trimmed and potent outdoor buds get trashed as if they are china. What gets me is, why trim all that extra leaf if your only going to receive an extra $100 if that?

1600 Barely trimmed average outdoor
1800-2200+ lb/ commercial china
1800+ premo outdoor trimmed...
2600+ kush....

What is China?
Does that mean it comes from China?
Walmart should get in on that.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
every time I use butane my stuff comes out more brown or red'ish, how do you get that golden looking perfection? is it by whipping air in as it dries?
I use a pvc pipe with coffee filters on the end to push butane through
then I use warm/boiling water to clear out the butane in an exterior bowl
I continue to boil out the butane over a few a few days to a week.
So what am i doing wrong?

D-Note

Its all in the purge technique and the material used. You will have a harder time producing oil that looks like that if using trim...a lot easier working with buds.

Definetely do not want to whip in air...I use a standard stainless steel turkey baster to do my extraction into a 9 inch pie dish which is sitting in a frying pan filled with hot water. DO THIS OUTSIDE.

I then bring it inside once all liquid butane has evaporated and put it onto my stove at a low setting, with a plate covering the top to increase the speed of the purge process. Using a small torch to raze the top layer of the oil greatly increases the speed one can purge. Sounds like your purge process is responsible for causing a large amount of degredation to your end product B. Friendly.

What temp water do you use to clear out the butane, and how long do you leave the oil on heat. It is also important to remember that once u scrape up the oil it becomes much much harder to purge. It is best left untouched as a thin layer on the pyrex dish IMO.

Pretty much just follow the Hashmasta Kut technique, the man knows what he is doing!