What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

western states to legalize info

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is pretty much a state monopoly on cannabis in WA State now. I despise govt controlling any part of this.

As far as the Federal Govt laws trumping state laws, why do I keep hearing this? This is what the Constitution says -

(1) the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution...

So State law overrides any Federal law that is not specifically given in the Constitution.

minds_I

Veteran
This is pretty much a state monopoly on cannabis in WA State now. I despise govt controlling any part of this.

As far as the Federal Govt laws trumping state laws, why do I keep hearing this? This is what the Constitution says -

(1) the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution...

So State law overrides any Federal law that is not specifically given in the Constitution.
Hello all,

You would think so however that is not necessarily the case.

It will be interesting to see how the Feds deal with this.

I am thinking now that the medical benifits issue will become moot due to Big Pharma/Big Ag having made great strides in producing cannabis for medical applications without the high.

So, if these medical benifits can be re-produced by Big Pharma, then the medical aspects of cannabis with the high as a side effect loses its prominance as a benificial drug. In my opinion.

Isreal has developed a cannabis strain with ultra low extrememly high THC/CBD ratio that produces the benifits of MMJ without the high.

However, the other benifits of cannabis/hemp and two states approval and with the countries rising approval (which I atribute to the falling of the old guard) could be the catalyst needed to end the prohibition.

Also, the failing drug war and the shrinking budget will also aid in turniung the tables nationwide and perhaps globally one day.

The time has obviously never been better.

minds_I

Last edited:
B

BrnCow

There will still be folks that appreciate a good stone...healing or not!...send us some rain Washington! Looks like you're walking in the middle of a good luck streak right now!...good job Wa and Co! Thanks brothers for your efforts and hassles!

vinevamp

This is really no different than the current mmj in my opinion. They've just removed one step, going to a bogus doc (not everyone obviously) and getting a script. The feds are gonna go after anyone going big on this just like they have in the past with medical.

I respectfully disagree with it being really no different. Under the mmj rules, not only did you have to get a rx from a doc, you had to register with the state. That's an issue should sentiment swing the other direction the dea would then have many lists of mj users, name, address, ssn, etc.

My understanding of these new laws it that, quite simply, it's legal, period. No qualification, justification, registration, no muss no fuss.

RetroGrow

Veteran
vinevamp;5417784Under the mmj rules said:
You don't have to register with the state to get an RX, at least not in California. The problem with these new laws: they make possession legal, but growing and/or selling is still illegal. So if it's illegal to grow it or buy/sell, how are you going to get herb legally? And how will this be enforced?

LubdaNugs

Veteran
You don't have to register with the state to get an RX, at least not in California. The problem with these new laws: they make possession legal, but growing and/or selling is still illegal. So if it's illegal to grow it or buy/sell, how are you going to get herb legally? And how will this be enforced?
It is legal to grow in Colorado. We have the same rules that we had with MMJ 6 plants only in bloom. Selling is illegal, but you can give it to friends 21 and older.

Latest posts

Latest posts