What's new

were there documented people with supernatural abilities?

G

Have someone check your scalp or behind your ear for those magic end time lottery numbers.You may be da man

G

i think we'll eventually have the ability to communicate telepathically, understand what someones thinking just by looking at them or whatever. we can more or less do that now but it's still at the grunt stage.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
NOKUY said:
when I'm asleep I speak outloud in Tongues. Not always, and not often (often in certain stages of my life tho)

...I have no clue what it is or what it means, but it freaks people out.

I've done it since I was a VERY little kid, before I could even speak a "known language"

any thoughts :confused:

so no one has a response to this?????

It bothers me sometimes, and I dont think it's normal.

can someone please enlighten me on "tongues" Ive done research, but its still very gray

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
NOKUY said:
when I'm asleep I speak outloud in Tongues. Not always, and not often (often in certain stages of my life tho)

...I have no clue what it is or what it means, but it freaks people out.

I've done it since I was a VERY little kid, before I could even speak a "known language"

any thoughts :confused:

You are the spawn of Satan ? Or like someone said to me once..''Maybe you are just ****ed ? I was like...''damn why didnt i think of that ?''

Check out Savants...pretty amazing if you ask me...

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Anyone heard of Derren Brown? If I was ever convinced of anyone having supernatural powrs its him...one party trick of his is to tell people there cashcard pi numbers...but he plays chess too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evZmpsl3jI0

I think you guys might be right tho, about dad :chin: ...the red suit and big fork, the horns, the 1987 landrover... it all makes perfect sense :eek:
Now I know why everyone I don't like ends up dismembered in a feak accident - that'l be dad :wink:

Last edited:
N

newbieb

Glossolalia, otherwise referred to as "speaking in tongues," has been around for thousands of years, and references to it can be found in the Old and New Testament. Speaking in tongues is an unusual mental state associated with specific religious traditions. The individual appears to be speaking in an incomprehensible language, yet perceives it to have great personal meaning. Now, in a first of its kind study, scientists are shining the light on this mysterious practice -- attempting to explain what actually happens physiologically to the brain of someone while speaking in tongues.

Ads by Google Advertise on this site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientific Brain Games
Improve memory with scientifically designed brain games. Free Trial
www.lumosity.com
Neurofeedback in NYC
Neurofeedback, qEEG, Brain Mapping help anxiety, memory,attention,more
www.brainfitness.com
Chronic Sleepiness?
Visit the Source for Excessive Sleepiness Information
ExcessiveSleepiness.com
Brain Memory
Quick & easy way to increase your memory using all natural techniques
youcantbeatme.com/improveyourmemory
Brain Builder Software
Strengthen memory and learning Proven brain building methods
www.rmlearning.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have discovered decreased activity in the frontal lobes, an area of the brain associated with being in control of one's self. This pioneering study, involving functional imaging of the brain while subjects were speaking in tongues, is in the November issue of Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, the official publication of the International Society for Neuroimaging in Psychiatry.

Radiology investigators observed increased or decreased brain activity - by measuring regional cerebral blood flow with SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography) imaging - while the subjects were speaking in tongues. They then compared the imaging to what happened to the brain while the subjects sang gospel music.

"We noticed a number of changes that occurred functionally in the brain," comments Principal Investigator Andrew Newberg, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology, Psychiatry, and Religious Studies, and Director for the Center for Spirituality and the Mind, at Penn. "Our finding of decreased activity in the frontal lobes during the practice of speaking in tongues is fascinating because these subjects truly believe that the spirit of God is moving through them and controlling them to speak. Our brain imaging research shows us that these subjects are not in control of the usual language centers during this activity, which is consistent with their description of a lack of intentional control while speaking in tongues."

Newberg went on to explain, "These findings could be interpreted as the subject's sense of self being taken over by something else. We, scientifically, assume it's being taken over by another part of the brain, but we couldn't see, in this imaging study, where this took place. We believe this is the first scientific imaging study evaluating changes in cerebral activity -- looking at what actually happens to the brain -- when someone is speaking in tongues. This study also showed a number of other changes in the brain, including those areas involved in emotions and establishing our sense of self."

Newberg concludes that the changes in the brain during speaking in tongues reflect a complex pattern of brain activity. Newberg suggests that since this is the first study to explore this, future studies will be needed to confirm these findings in an attempt to demystify this fascinating religious phenomenon.

This preliminary study, done only at Penn, examined five subjects in a laboratory setting. The study, set for publication in the November issue of Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, can now be accessed on-line at http://www.sciencedirect.com. The article is titled, "The Measurement of Regional Cerebral Blood Flow During Glossolalia: a Preliminary SPECT Study." Co-authors include: Nancy Wintering, Donna Morgan, and Mark Waldman.

Last edited:

HappyHemphog

Cannafornia said:
My girl was telling me this one time a japanese martial arts master was in town for a competition, and somehow met her friend well they were sitting around smoking weed with this guy who didn't speak english, and he took a matchbook . . . put it on the table . . . stared at it and flipped his hand forward, causing the matchbook to flip forward and off the table, from across the room.

ROFL.. like the guy the Amazing Randi debunked on TV's What's My Line?

You don't think that maybe a well directed blast of air from the "flipped his hand forward" had anything to do with it?

If you haven't seen this before, it's really great. Randi flat out exposes a so called Shaolin Bung-Fu (whatever THAT is) master and his metal "object moving" power.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc

And for an added bonus laugh, check out the dude's bowl cut!

James Randi is still offering anyone one million dollars if they can demonstrate their "power" in a controlled environment. Now, if anyone really had supernatural abilities, don't you think they would have at least tried to take him up on his offer?

Hell, one psychic cold reader agreed to the terms, but has yet to arrange the event, SIX years later.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Uri Geller along with most the other tricksters are usually found out because most their magicians tricks are well known. James Randi exposed everything about Uri. I dont think to date theres been any verified scientific proof of anyone having supernatural powers. Even if someone did have them they would probably be wise to the fact the world isnt ready for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller

Babombeez

Edgar Cayce, a prominent, yet rather downplayed 20th century psychic and prophet, should be of interest to you. There is a rather large body of data, ranging from telepathic communication with an extraterrestrial Source to the more well known and "on the radar" was his ability to diagnose someone's illness through a trance like state. In These trances an entity, most likely Cayce's higher self, would channel information through Cayce to the patient and without knowing ANYTHING about the person he would tell them what was EXACTLY wrong with them, to see this particular doctor and their exact name, practicing at this particular location, and that specific doctor would be able to help them heal and recover. He was over 99% accurate in his Medical readings, and he performed a copious amount of readings... He was famous as a result of these "miraculous" psychic readings. Edgar Cayce wanted to open a hospital too... His hopes were never fulfilled. But instead there is essentially a school called the Atlantic University, at the A.R.E, (Association for Research and Enlightenment)

In many of Cayce's trance readings he also channeled information about Atlantis and an Atlantean/Egyptian high priest priest named Ra-Ta, who in 10,500 BCE helped build the three Pyramids at Giza by levitation of stone. Documentaries have been filmed in Egypt, one called "Remembering Egypt." As I have said there are countless books and study about Edgar Cayce, and many independent sources as well. In the 1980's a group called L/L Research made contact with the extra terrestrial group Edgar Cayce had been channeling in his trance like states, as this "social memory complex" identified itself as Ra, as in the Ra who the dynastic Egyptians fashioned their myths from. The extraterrestrial identified itself as a collective "group soul" who had evolved into the sixth density, as we are in the third density right now, so basically Ra was millions of years more advanced, since time doesn't exist beyond third density. Now keep in mind this same exact information and its nature was also being channeled by Edgar Cayce in the 1900's and science hadn't even discovered many of these things yet, like the hyperdimensional model of the universe... The L/L Reseach group was unaware of any of this Edgar Cayce material to begin with. So anyways in several hundred sessions they communicated with this extradimensional being, Ra. These channeling sessions were conducted in an objective/subjective manner, communicating with the entity in question and answer format, and Ra would answer things ranging from a spiritual concepts, to its intention in the communication, to their historical background and connection with ancient Egypt.

To further perpetuate and corroborate this body of data and true story, a young scientist and researcher of ancient civilizations named David Wilcock was also independently contacted through his dreams. The entity revealed to David that he was the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, as David had gone to work at the A.R.E, as his "dream voice" as he calls it, instructed him to move to Virginia Beach. Within moments of David's arrival at the A.R.E, people begin to realize that David looked like and had the same mannerisms as Edgar Cayce. He didn't believe it, and refused to believe it, as was this really possible. David's "dream voice" in 1998 revealed to him that he was the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce, and coincidentally, and unknowlingly to David, but Cayce had prophesied he would return in 1998. Now get this, David Wilcock starts doing all this research into Edgar Cayce, because his "dream voice" instructs him to reveal to the world that he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. David was reluctant at first but when he finds out that his astrological alignment in 1977, when he was born, only happened the same exact time Edgar Cayce was born... The had the EXACT SAME natal charts. :jump:

If this isn't supernatural then I don't know what else is...

There is A LOT of research, and I have said before the body of data is HUGE. There are countless books about Edgar Cayce. The A.R.E. in Virginia Beach is to perpetuate and analyze all of the Cayce data... Cayce also had prophecies, many have come true, and many have yet to come true, and there were even some that didn't come to pass, or delayed?

Just check it out if you are interested, just google Edgar Cayce and the A.R.E if you want to learn more...

Cool thread too...

Beez

Last edited:

HuffAndPuff

Ok, so let me preface this by saying that I don't expect you to believe what I am going to tell you. On my mother's eyes and the welfare of any children I hope to have, it is the truth... but I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

About 8 months ago, I was washing dishes at my kitchen sink. My girlfriend was sitting at our island counter, which was behind me and to my left. She was sitting no more than 5 feet away from me. She had been battling a bout of what I suspect was the winter blues, and had been quite emotional... I guess 'stormy' would be a good way to explain it. She had also been doing a lot of yoga and although I don't know much about it, she loves it and I think she's very good at it. If one can be "good" at yoga... maybe yogis just are? Anyway...

So I'm facing away from her, and I hear her say something. She had been quiet for a while, and the water was running, so I missed whatever it was. I shut off the sink and turned around, drying my hands. I had started asking her what she had said before I turned around, and finished the question looking at her. She looked... I don't know...tired, but like focused yet really zonked out at the same time. Like she was miles away, but doing quantum physics where she was.

She was looking down at the counter, at a small (7 1/2 inch diameter? slightly larger than a bread plate but smaller than a dinner plate) ceramic plate. She looked up and said, "I moved the plate."

"what?" But as I asked her this, I kinda had the sense that something weird was going on. Christ, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about this. So, she says, calmly and almost matter-of-factly, but with the aforementioned demeanor, "I moved the plate, but not with my hands."

WTF? She looked back at the plate, by way of explanation, stared the plate down, and I shit you all not, I saw it nudge a bit. Not a lot, but it was real, and perceptible. Like a 1/4 of an inch. All of the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, as they are again right now. I was standing right across the counter from her at this point, with the plate between us. Now I am a huge skeptic about stuff, and I would have called bullshit on this. In fact, I did.

She is not a prankster, as such, but I would have been much less amazed to find she was effing around with me. I will absolutely admit that her knees were under the counter, obscured from my view. I did not see her move a muscle, though, and she was seated slightly back from the base of the island, and the tops of her thighs clear the bottom of the counter-top by several inches.

I said, "bullshit you just did that, you're effing with me, how'd you do that David Blaine o-mine?" She says, "Baby, I SWEAR I'm not," kinda freaked but like empowered, not doubting at all. Now, she can't tell a lie to save her life, but you can never shit a shitter, either. So I pick up the plate, look under it, do just as Penn and Teller have trained me to do... I walk around the counter, make her stand up... I even put the plate back down where it was, and hip checked this solid-ass island. Pain in the hip, but not ANY movement of the plate.

I look at her, and she says, "Baby, I told you, I really did it." She is now standing to the short side, around the corner from me. She sits down, and I have a full view of her from a foot away, and the plate on the counter in front/between us. She says, "I'm going to do it again," all of this has been in a semi-spaced out voice. She stares at this thing, and I get right down there at eye level with the thing. After about 7 seconds, I see the thing kind of like wobble in place. Audible on the counter-top. Then another little nudge, same tentative as before. Then, another 1/2 seccond passes and that plate MOVED a full 2 inches, right before my own eyes.

I turn to look at her, and she has like kind of slumped down a little bit, was sweating, looked pale, her eyes were red. Basically she looked like my younger brother when the girly-man whited out in Amsterdam. She said she had a headache, and needed to go to bed. This happened after a late dinner, and clean-up, so maybe around 9.30 pm -ish. I got her some water and tylenol, and tucked her in.

I was mega freaked out at the time, but I didn't want to freak her out, so I assured her that she wasn't crazy, that I had seen her do it, that I believe she did in fact move that plate with her mind. She was talking about wanting to mess around with this more when she woke up, and that it was an unbelievable experience, and I hope I can do it again. I immediately tried gently disuading these ideas, at least for the time being. I told her that even if she never does it again, we both know that she did it, and that should be the thing to focus on.

I didn't want my girlfriend, who was already in a funk, to drive herself crazy trying to replicate the inexplicable. I told her if she was really freaked out by this, she could pose some general questions to her yoga teacher, feel her out, and maybe see what she thought of this. I also told her that I don't know if what the teacher tells her is going to matter, because if she believes this then she's prolly one of those slightly whacked out yoga teachers. I explaine that this is the kind of stuff that gets people locked up in loony bins. You either drive yourself crazy trying to replicate this, or you can do it, and hone it, and see how long it takes for them to snatch you up and put you in a lab to study you. She agreed and went to bed.

She hasn't ever done it again, and has only tried to do it a few times since, as far as I know. She said that it doesn't "feel the same" when she tried it again. So aside from it having blown both of our minds, it managed not to mess our lives up in any way. Time has passed so it's kinda just one of those crazy, "you remember when..." kinda things, but with some oomph. It did make me realize that there are all sorts of things that man cannot currently, or possibly ever, explain. And even when they do explain, that don't make it right. How about when everyone KNEW the world was flat? And (not that I needed reinforcing) the experience showed me what a special girl I have.

So naysayers, fire away... Like I said, I don't expect any one to believe this. Call me a liar, call me crazy, but this is not some FOAF type shit. This is something I saw, and I sure as hell can't explain it. I don't even really care to have it explained... I feel like that shit is dangerous for some reason... Like what possible good could come out of it? Anybody who wants to study this and explain it, that's great, but you ain't using my special lady friend to those ends. Hope everyone who had a long weekend enjoyed, and to those of you that didn't, I drank several beers for you.

Stay Safe,
HuffAndPuff

The thing about "powers" is that anyone worthy of having them would not have a desire to use them, and those who desire "powers" are usually unworthy of them.

Perhaps that's why no one has come forward?

PoppinFresh

ooooo this is getting good.

personally, i don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have these abilities. my thing is, why should we even call it SUPERnatural. in my opinion, this may be the natural evolution of life - to further develop or as i like to say, EVOLUTE, which means something totally different but you get the idea lol! this may be a little bit of Darwin acting up - throwing out some slight mental and physical mutations and allowing natural selection to figure out what's good and what's not!

i totally believe there are people out there born with, or who have developed, some extra abilities. and it may be as simple as learning how to flare your nostrils or wiggle your ears. it's not a muscle we're used to exercising but once we get that shit down, it's fun to show the kids lol.

it's all energy anyway. it's flowing all around us at all times. our bodies and minds can sense which is why we actually block it out like not being able to see in UV or IR! obviously our bodies are reacting to it overtime! i'd say as we become more aware of what's happening, or rather as our bodies become more aware, evolution will help us seek to further control the world around through these "supernatural" abilities. it's not something we can control but we may be getting to a point where we can control the energies around us!

i think a true prime example are these high iq sumbitches and guys like steven hawking.

Huff... tell the old gal to keep "flaring her nostrils" lol. personally, im gon jump off my bed cuz i wanna develop this flying thing! or maybe i'll walk around naked more often so i can get invisibility. something tells me im goin bout this the wrong way but whatever LOL!

G

No. 12 in the JREF guidelines is not very well thought out,its intention involving media attention about the applicant seems like a bad idea to me.Charletans and fakes thrive on media attention while the truly gifted wouldn't even consider it IMO.I'd change that "you already have to be a media darling"crapola,its counterproductive.

Spaventa

Veteran
but the "controled envoironment" may prevent the person using their powers? Like say If I was given no light, no ventilation and no water but asked to demonstrate my powers of growing bud? :rasta:

G

I dont think a controlled environment means an environment where a person can't demonstrate their abilities.They just want control of all aspects because people can be pretty dern tricky.How long have you been growing Spav?You havent learned to grow without photosynthesis yet?

Latest posts

Latest posts