What's new

Welcome To The Railyard

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
fari :wave: nothing wrong with peppers over here, hotter the better
oldpath :wave: this is just the beginning, wait til they hit flower :laughing:

i got a full house in the seedling chamber...
7 TWbx1s, 6 Caseys, 7 TWxAS, 3 GHS TWs, and 8 of hempires TWs :muahaha: Ive gone doobieduck on the seedling cycle using straws as markers for whats what due to the numbers i have. half of em are about to begin nutes at a 1/2 tsp each of G,B,M, and epsom salts per gallon. the rest will get the same in a week or so, about the same time theyll make the shift under a 150w hps. until next time :joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
theyve gone boom in a few days. ive given them only one feeding of 1-1-1 GH 3-part and they doubled in size. Im starting to see the same seedling burn effects i had before using this little cab i got at the bullseye, but its very minimal. as time goes on the GHS are looking more and more like something else or a completely different pheno from the rest, very minimal serration on spoon shaped leaves versus serration and spear shaped leaves. will have pics up tomorrow...

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Finally a true test indeed. Havent smoked the wreck in about a year. Can still picture and taste the limey loveliness.

GoneGrowing

Hey abirdintheair, really nice comparison you've got going, will be great to follow this one, good growing to ya!

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
welcome John Goodman :wave: chubbynugs :wave: i havent smoked any in about 2 so i cant wait either. GoneGrowing :wave: thanks for following along. before the pics come up trust me what you see isnt nute burn but the effects of the verneer surface on my seedlings, this happened last time i used it, and this should be the last time its used by me.

yellow - casey Jones

orange - TWxActual sativa, they cant hold themselves up already lol

green - british hempires TW

no straw - h3ads bx1s. now, these look like this from the dew/moisture left on the walls of the cabinet reacting with the chemicals in the finish and getting absorbed. these are the only ones that show it because they were pressed up against a wall, they should be moved though this weekend.

the ugly duckling - GHS TW, they do not look similar at all, heres a closer leaf shot for reference.....

a solo h3ad TW bx, heavy serration, no spoon effect either. well thats it for now, there are few more of TWxAS and B_Hs TW not shown but theyre still really small. until next time......

theherbalizor

Veteran
Well done man.

And well done BH, looking the most homogonous of them all.

GHSco. I am gonna laugh all week end at that. Thiers is different cause they actually used the real TW cut, and all th others are fakes. LOL. I imagine that will be their answer.

Good luck with it all man. And boy am I glad I have some BH TW IBL.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey herbalizor :wave: ive asked, included pics, then quoted myself with newer pics in their forum to get an answer since they said theyd follow along knowing this was completely unbiased. good luck with the TW when you run it.

hey blaner :friends: this is just the warm up, theyre still all under a single 32w cfl :muahaha: im predicting 4 footers no problem in my near future :rasta:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
bumpdate...

bumpdate...

ive come to the conclusion im goin to have to flower these in staggered waves of either two or 3 weeks apart. the first group will be starting under the 6 as my others finish. first girls are....

h3ads TWbx1s, they look like theyre suffering from severe strtch but theyve lost the sets of leaves from the 2 lowest sets of nodes from my seedling cabinet problem. ever since going under the 150 the leave burning/twisting has stopped. more to follow.... :joint:

ConceptOfSleep

Hey Abird, this is great thread Idea... It is curious that they all seem to have some physical simmilarities, except GH's TW... Thanks for doing this comparison grow for us, Im sure you willstill get some great results... 5LeggedGoat had some amazing shots from his GH TW grow, even if it didnt look anything like the Arcata...

Thanks for doin the work for the comparison for us.

:joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey herb, yes i know, i ran out of time to get it done before i left town for the 4th. theyre getting moved from those later today. hey concept :wave: its was an idea sparked out of controversy, and it will bring the truth to light.

hempires TW x actual sativa, never got hit by the cab problem

all 3 on the left are caseys, and each one appears to be different from the others

ghs's to quote jack/franco "s1 arcata" theyre bouncing back from the cab issue but still dont resemble any of the others, even my DPB

everything is getting switched to bigger cups today, i only have a 24x18x36 cab for vegging and theres 25-30 seedlings in there :muahaha:

ConceptOfSleep

Yeah, I read that thread in GH's forum... they were all pumped about you being able to do a truly unbaised grow report and comparison.

Seems that now they dont want to touch the subject....

I was really impressed with FiveLeggedGoats GH TW...Looked like serious fire, but nothin like the arcata cut, or any TW crosses Ive seen on here.

Regardless of how GH takes the news, your grow def will bring the truth...plus at the end you will be rolling in dank nugs of the 'wreck!

Keep up the great work man!

:joint:

G

Looking good so far, but repot those Caseys they look really hungry! Some nice big pots and good soil and they will soon bounce back and those bare nodes where the leaves were lost will soon sprot new rbanches - this is a response to mroe root space, the roots can grow sideways in the new space so the plant puts out branches.

The TW x AS I'm really looking forward to seeing, as I loved both parentals very much. The AS had almost as much resin and potency as the TW, and had much thicker, stonger stems so hopefully the cross won't have that annoying floppiness of the pure TW.

About the GHS TW, from the pics of 5LG and others, it looks to be a really good variety, but quite clearly isn't TW, maybe a TW hybrid, who knows? It's annoying that they can't tell the truth though. From the flower pics I thought it might be a TW x Skunk cross, but seeing how fat the leaves are in veg, I'm not so sure, looks to have a fair bit more indica in it. TW is supposed to be a racy, speedy Mexican high in a 70 day, relatively short format, the lil bit of Afghan indica in it is just to shorten flower time and height, so if GHS TW doesn't have that Mexican type high, then it's simply not what it should be.

I'm sure you'll love the Casey, the samples I've tried were fantasic, spicy and very uplifting high, one I want to try myself one day.

There is definitely gonna be some great dank in your hands before too long, can't go wrong with TW imho.

H&L

Cool comparison, it'll be interesting to see how close they are to one another. Now if there was only a verified clone in there as well...

G

That's a good point H&L. There is a pheno in my TW line that is identical to the Arcata cut (nanners included), but it would be good to have the actual Arcata cut to compare. Whoever did the original Woodhorse seeds TW line did a great job imho.