What's new

WELCOME Fellow Geriatric Stoners!

B

boo

53 years by the calander, 63 if you check the mileage...ahahahaha...hey y'all...

G

LOL!!! AHAHAHA....good 1, boo. I feel the same way, except 51 yrs by calendar & 75 'under the hood'.:D

G

I too belong to the "aged flatulence" crew. I am 43. I smoked my first weed in the rural south (bible-belt) when I was 10. My best friend's 14y.o. cousin turned us on and I have been chasing it every since.

Aside from a couple of scrawny outdoor grows when I was a teenager, I only started growing about 8 months ago. I am growing indoors in soil.

I look forward to seeing what y'all got going on here.

Ganjajuana :rasta:

bopper

In our mid-50s, my wife and I are pleased to find some fellow smokers who love and need our beneficent herb, just as we do. We don't take any other medications (with the exception of some mild medicinal herbs), but our canna buds keep us going strong. It can be difficult to manage pain and discomfort, but our plants help keep the pain at bay, and the dissociative and mood-elevating effects make coping easier.

We began smoking, independently and unknown to each other, in 1967. The Central and South American Sativas, Southeast Asian tops and other extraordinary herbs spoiled me for life. We're still trying to find something as pleasing. :smile:

Best,

bopper

G

I hear you on that, bop, as I am also in my 50s, with spinal stenosis, peroneal nerve disorder, coronary artery disease, anxiety & depression, as I'm in constant pain.
I don't think a lot of people, except the ones living thru it, know what it's like to have excruciating pain in the legs, lower back & neck.
I'm prescribed 90 mg of methadone daily, along with 1800 mg Neurontin, but would much rather smoke my medicine than ingest pills. I'm also prescribed xanax & clonazepam, Lexapro 20 mg...all for the anxiety & depression. If I take all that, I'm a walking zombie. I'd much rather stay awake thru the day & get shit done. Weed has been my good pal for almost 40 yrs now & I'll never quit.:D

dociron

zoltron said:
I hear you on that, bop, as I am also in my 50s, with spinal stenosis, peroneal nerve disorder, coronary artery disease, anxiety & depression, as I'm in constant pain.
I don't think a lot of people, except the ones living thru it, know what it's like to have excruciating pain in the legs, lower back & neck.
I'm prescribed 90 mg of methadone daily, along with 1800 mg Neurontin, but would much rather smoke my medicine than ingest pills. I'm also prescribed xanax & clonazepam, Lexapro 20 mg...all for the anxiety & depression. If I take all that, I'm a walking zombie. I'd much rather stay awake thru the day & get shit done. Weed has been my good pal for almost 40 yrs now & I'll never quit.:D

Keep tokin' my friend, and thanz for the heads up on the current "LEO"
debacle :bat:
I am sooo glad you're around,, thanx brother :respect:
the herb's been a good friend of mine as well, for many years. :wave:

G

No prob, mi amigo, & I plan on being around a good long time, God willing.

Thanks for the nice words, doc...much appreciated.:D

G

Hey Zoltron, good to see you!

Boo - I am joyed beyond words to see you here too!

peace

Last edited:
G

Hey BudBuddha...how ya doin?

This'll be like 'old home week' for awhile....:D

G

48 and Smokin!

48 and Smokin!

I'm a former corporate exec who bailed out at the tender age of 42. I met Mary Jane when I was fourteen or fifteen, and you could buy a nickle bag of seeded mexican for five bucks.

I started growing indoors last year. The great thing is having a reliable supply of primo smoke, and not having to dick around with dealers. I'm strictly small scale - one 250 each for veg and flower, and a little flouro cabinet for the babies. Keeps me and my buddies supplied.

The tough thing is figuring out what to do when I get up in the morning...loaf, ski, ride the dirt bikes and ATVs, work in the garden, or maybe just get blitzed? Oh yea, and hang around the forums!

I stumbled across this site after the OG meltdown. Seems to be a cool place, pretty low key, and the mods stay on top of things.

Kudos to Gypsy and Co. for holding it together during the upheaval.

G

Babbabud said:
... can only dream about those flavors YUUUUUUMMMMMMM.been making my own hash lately and must say its the closest i remember coming to the old elephant paddy flavors of days of old .

When I was stationed in England for two years with the USAF in the mid-70s, there was no reefer, the only thing we could get was HASH. Talk about deprivation! It was like a smorgasbord, too...Green Moroccan, Blond Lebanese, black goo called Monkey Sh*t.

Now I'm saving my leavin's and hopefully getting a big enough harvest so I can cook up a nice batch of ISO hash.

Mmmm...donuts!

G

Hey, FlipTop, I spent a couple of years at a place called RAF Croughten in the English midlands in the 1970s. Croughten was a big telecom center between the US and Europe, and part of the base was a big NSA listening post. Since there was no official acknowledgement of the NSA presence, they were referred to as the "Special Services Squadron". The civilian guards stationed around the perimeter with submachine guns were a good giveaway though...

I was always amazed at the number of "antenna farms" tucked away all over the countryside...most of them with no indication as to what was going on there.

Oh yeah, BTW, I smoked more dope during that stint than I ever did at any other point in my life. Outragous ongoing 24 hour a day parties in the barracks; I don't know how we didn't all go to jail...although some did!

G

Another middle-aged retiree....I also retired at 45 [51 now] & it was the best thing I ever did. More time for family, way less stress, & still tokin after all these years [started in 69].
You'll enjoy retirement, ME262, it's the only way to go. I watched my dad work into his 70s & I decided then & there, not for me. I like the extra free time & we're only here for X amount of years. I'm not about to retire at 65 & kick at 70.

G

Retired aircraft mechanic here. At 49 been smokin all my life, and lookin forward to 49 more. Just hope my state passes a med bill before I hit the nursing home, then we can all gather in the TV room for the meds and wait on the snack cart.

High n Dry

BotanyBay said:
we can all gather in the TV room for the meds and wait on the snack cart.
LOL!!

This is a great thread..

I'm a 61 yo smoker that found MJ at 19.

I'm a vet, USAF 1965-71 Jet engine mech. Great bud in SE ASIA.

Two sons ages 33 and 30. (one smoker, one beer head) No grand kids yet.

Divorced about 20 years ago after 18 of marriage. (She was always turning down the stereo) I still like being alone.

Semi retired from the printing business. (next year S.S. kicks in..yay!!)

PEACE

Latest posts

Latest posts