What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

R

Robrites

Google "Florida Man" and your birthday....Post results here

Google "Florida Man" and your birthday....Post results here

lpu4dkas1hn21.jpg

R

Robrites

Florida Man challenge: What did Florida man do on your birthday?

Florida Man challenge: What did Florida man do on your birthday?

As the trend of the moment — Googling Florida man and your birthday — tickles funny bones across the internet, Post yours below!

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — When burning a big trash pile behind your home, the smoke may attract attention.
ic
David Fredrick Ellis (Photo: CONTRIBUTED PHOTO BY INDIAN RIVER COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE)

Particularly if the big trash pile includes marijuana plants and leaves.

More: ‘Thick-tongued’ woman moos at deputy

Such appeared to be the case Feb. 28 for David Fredrick Ellis, 64, of Fellsmere.
Indian River County sheriff’s deputies went to his home on 85th Street after an “open burning” complaint, an affidavit states.
Investigators saw a smoldering pile about 5 to 6 feet in diameter and 2 to 3 feet high behind a corner of the home.

More: Naked lady in Mercedes busted in Indian River County

Ellis said it was “just some leaves,” but a deputy smelled a strong burned marijuana odor. The deputy also saw the remains of small pot plants and leaves.
Told he was burning marijuana, Ellis said, “I was only burning the leaves, it’s trash.”
Ellis later said, “It’s trash, you don’t smoke that, I’ve got like a quarter pound of it inside.”
In the home, investigators found an aluminum tray with apparent marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

More: Woman jailed as cops spy below-the-belt engagement ring storage spot

Ellis asked whether the investigator saw his marijuana.
“I replied I saw some on the tray to which he replied, ‘I’ve got more in the refrigerator,’” an affidavit states.
In all, deputies reported finding more than 6 ounces of suspected pot, along with a much smaller amount of THC wax.
“Did you find all my pot?” Ellis asked.
Ellis was arrested on charges of possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
‘I’ll blow your fucking brains out’ great-grandmother said to intruder

‘I’ll blow your fucking brains out’ great-grandmother said to intruder

February 22, 2019 at 9:14 AM EST - Updated February 23 at 12:53 PM

JACKSON COUNTY, GA (WSB/CNN)- A great-grandmother in Georgia used a pistol to scare a man trying to break into her home.
She also had a few choice words for the man before firing off a couple of shots.

With 79 years of experience behind her, Gwendolyn Agard has developed a rule or two to live by.

“I’ve always said, don’t ever let anybody come in and run out of your own house,” she said.

On Feb. 11, someone tried. An accused burglar went up the back stairs of her Jackson County home and broke out a window to get in.

Agard called 911 – but she also grabbed her gun.
"And I said to him, you come down these damn steps and I'll blow your f***** brains out. That's exactly what I said," Agard explained.

She fired two shots, both missed, but when deputies got there, they found the guy hiding in a bedroom closet.

"That's why I say she's my hero. That she could do this at her age, I was very impressed. And I'm thankful the good Lord took care of her,” said her mail carrier, Connie Oliver.

That’s how Argard sees it, too. And she’s pretty sure he’ll forgive the foul language.

"Trust me. God was all in the picture. Because my legs were trembling. I was saying, Lord have mercy Jesus. And then, 'm*********r' the next time. It was all mixed in."

The suspect faces a list of charges, including home invasion.

Source: https://www.nbc12.com/2019/02/22/great-grandmother-ill-blow-your-expletive-brains-out-home-intruder/

RMS

:smoweed:

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol I lived in Carroll CO GA.Jackson CO is even worse.i doubt that's her first rodeo.good for her though.lots of stories like that down there.ill bet she smokes weed and drinks too.ive smoked with lots of older people like that down there.they will definitely shoot you if you fuck with them

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Spain’s leading matador gored in the buttocks by bull at Spanish festival

Spain’s leading matador gored in the buttocks by bull at Spanish festival

5c937b1ddda4c8a64d8b4626.jpg

One of Spain’s leading matadors was left seriously injured after he was viciously gored in the behind and tossed in the air by a bull during a festival in Valencia.
Enrique Ponce, a 47-year-old Spanish matador that boasts more than 150,000 followers on Instagram, suffered a five-inch gore injury after the bull’s horn impaled his lower buttocks and ligament damage after he crashed down on his left knee.

Ponce was transported from the Fallas festival TV footage from the event showed the matador lying stunned on the ground for a few seconds after impact, before hobbling to his feet and writhing in pain as aides carried him to safety – and medical attention – from the bullring. Ponce was gored at the same annual festival back in 2014.to hospital for emergency surgery following the altercation with a 535-kilo bull nIn 2017 award-winning Spanish matador Ivan Fandino died after being gored in the lungs during a bullfight in the French town of Mont de Marsan.

Despite the efforts of animal rights campaigners, bullfighting remains popular in Spain, with about 1,800 shows per year watched by some six million spectators. It was banned in Catalonia by the Catalan nationalist government in 2012, though this was rescinded in 2016.

[YOUTUBEIF]pkHho2o3P6w[/YOUTUBEIF]

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/454385-spain-matador-gored-bull/

RMS

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
BRITISH AIRWAYS FLIGHT TO DÜSSELDORF LANDS SAFELY IN EDINBURGH

BRITISH AIRWAYS FLIGHT TO DÜSSELDORF LANDS SAFELY IN EDINBURGH

A British Airways flight destined for Düsseldorf in Germany has landed in Edinburgh by mistake, after the flight paperwork was submitted incorrectly.
The passengers only realised the error when the plane landed and the "welcome to Edinburgh" announcement was made.
The plane, which started at London's City Airport, was then redirected and landed in Düsseldorf. WDL Aviation ran the BA flight through a leasing deal.
BA said it was working with WDL to find out why it filed the wrong flight plan.
"We have apologised to customers for this interruption to their journey and will be contacting them all individually," BA said in a statement.

_106165832_barouting-nc.png

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Only One Woman Has Ever Been Struck by a Meteor

Only One Woman Has Ever Been Struck by a Meteor

Meteorites are powerful, as the dinosaurs learned 66 million years ago. The meteor that wiped them out extinguished 75 percent of life on Earth and may have also triggered underwater volcanic eruptions. But not every meteorite makes such a splashy impact.

8c840eb7-c197-4efc-f921-df46a82a2b01.jpg

The Meteor That Left a Bruise
Take the 1954 meteor that hit Ann Hodges. It began with an explosion in the sky above southeast Alabama in early December. A meteor had shattered on contact with Earth's atmosphere, painting an arc of red light across the sky.

Hodges didn't see it, though. She wasn't an astronomer. She wasn't even outside. She was a normal lady napping on her couch in Sylacauga, Alabama. That is, until a meteorite — a shard of the exploded space rock, weighing about 8 pounds (4 kilograms) — crashed through her roof, ricocheted off her radio, and hit her in the hip. It left a dark, elliptical bruise serious enough to require medical attention.

Hodges didn't die, but crowds did flock to her patio to see what happened.

Hodges wasn't the first person to claim to have been hit by a meteorite, but she was the first person whose claim was verified. A field representative for the U.S. Geological Survey looked at the rock and confirmed that, yes indeed, it was a meteor, fresh from outer space.

73fdbadc-ed44-453d-bda3-57215d31725c.png

After the Extraterrestrial Encounter
This was a borderline miraculous event, but it swiftly became the opposite of a miracle: a bureaucratic battle.

First, the meteorite was turned over to the Air Force to make sure it wasn't Soviet spy technology. (In 1954, the U.S. was in the thick of the Cold War, and suspicions, even of rocks, ran high.) Once the Air Force deemed it innocuous, the rock entered the legal system. A question of extraterrestrial property rights emerged: Who owns meteors that fall from the sky? Hodges felt the meteorite belonged to her. It hit her, after all! The public agreed. However, Hodges was a renter, and her landlady felt similarly entitled to the rock. It hit her property, after all!

The disagreement had all the makings of a protracted case — there was literally no precedent for it — but ultimately, Hodges and her landlady settled out of court. The landlady took the rock and paid Hodges $500.

Later, though, the meteorite got back to Hodges, and later still, she and her husband donated it to the Alabama Museum of Natural History, where it remains to this day. Called, interchangeably, the Sylacauga Meteor and the Hodges Meteor, it's displayed alongside the Philco radio it grazed as it fell to Earth. The exhibit feels warranted, as the meteor really was one of a kind. It remains the one and only extraterrestrial to hit a human without killing them.

What happened to Hodges was (and still is) incredibly unlikely. "You have a better chance of getting hit by a tornado and a bolt of lightning and a hurricane all at the same time," Michael Reynolds, a Florida State College astronomer and author of the book "Falling Stars: A Guide to Meteors & Meteorites," told National Geographic.

Unlikely doesn't mean impossible, though. Both Hodges and the dinosaurs learned that firsthand.

Source: https://curiosity.com/topics/only-one-woman-has-ever-been-struck-by-a-meteor-curiosity?utm_campaign=daily-digest&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR2NAWw_VqDDS6skCD4h7Ple-YAT9JON0X-RAH5_n8L2KbKlV3ycE1XXZTQ

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
US Fast Food Manager Shoots, Kills Drive-Thru Customer Who Spat on Her

US Fast Food Manager Shoots, Kills Drive-Thru Customer Who Spat on Her

A fast food manager in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has been charged with first-degree murder for shooting and killing a drive-thru customer who spat on her during an argument Saturday.

According to police, 25-year-old Arby's manager Deionna Young had an altercation with Desean Tallent, 25, Saturday. Before leaving the fast food chain, Tallent threatened and spat on Young. However, the specific nature of the argument was not disclosed by police officials.

"He [Tallent] promised to come back and hurt her and about an hour later, came back. Officers were flagged down by the manager, and did a report on the incident, naming Tallent as the assault suspect," said a Tuesday post on the Tulsa Police Department's Facebook page.About a"When Tallent came back and circled the lot, the manager, Deionna Young, ran outside and got into her car.

She followed him down Garnett, and both vehicles [were] braking and playing cat and mouse. She shot at Tallent and then drove back to work," the police statement adds. n hour after the first dispute, Tallent returned to the Arby's location, police reported. Young got into her car and followed Tallent out of the Arby's parking lot and fired one shot with a.45-caliber handgun at Tallent's vehicle before returning to work. Young did not have a license for the handgun.

According to police, the gun bullet struck Tallent in the torso, which caused him to crash his car into a Walmart entrance. He was later pronounced dead at a local hospital. During the investigation, police obtained security video from an undisclosed location across from the fast food restaurant.

On Monday, around 6:30 p.m., Young was arrested by police on a complaint of first-degree murder. She is currently being held without bond at Tulsa County Jail.

"Homicide and Warrants served a warrant on Young's apartment and found a pistol, but Young claims she destroyed the murder weapon. Young fully confessed and is showing us where she dumped the gun parts. She will be arrested and booked for First Degree Murder," the police statement adds.

The Tulsa Police Department did not immediately respond to Sputnik's request for comment.

Source: https://sputniknews.com/us/201903271073600423-us-fast-food-manager-shoots-customer-spat-on-her/

RMS

shithawk420

Veteran
Not trying to make light of this but it says they were driving and shot him in the torso.thats either one hell of a shot or a lucky one.not easy to do

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Police Raid Wrong Home During Birthday Party, Point Guns At Children

Police Raid Wrong Home During Birthday Party, Point Guns At Children

CHICAGO (CBS) — Seven-year-old Samari Boswell said she was terrified the night of her younger brother TJ Boswell’s birthday party last month. She was expecting a party with cake and singing, but instead she and her family suddenly found themselves surrounded by police with guns pointed at them.

With her mother Stephanie Bures by her side, the second grader recalled the scary Sunday night of Feb. 10, when a team of Chicago police officers raided her brother’s party carrying a battering ram and a sledgehammer, and with weapons drawn.

“They were saying F words and stuff,” Samari said. “It was horrible.”

Bures called what happened “horrible” and “unnecessary,” because the suspect who police officers were looking for hadn’t lived in the building for five years.

“As long as they continue to do that, there will never be trust between citizens and the Chicago Police Department,” said Al Hofeld Jr., the attorney who represents the family.

Hofeld Jr. said it is another case of a “bad” search warrant where police did not do their homework.

“My law firm took 30 seconds to do a person search and came up with [the suspect’s] most current address, which is on 83rd street nowhere near the property,” Hofeld Jr. said.

This is the fourth search warrant case Hofeld Jr. has handled involving allegations that police raided the wrong homes and pointed guns at innocent people, including children. He said he plans to file suit against the Chicago Police involving the Boswell children and other adults at the party, including an adult relative, Kiqiana Jackson.

“They manhandled me it took two officers to get the cuffs on me,” Jackson said.

Jackson said she was handcuffed and taken outside into the cold after repeatedly asking police to see the warrant.

“I wanted to know why were they there. Who are you? Show us a search warrant,” Jackson said. “I asked for a search warrant, I guess, one too many times. And [the officer] was like, ‘Arrest her.’”

Jackson, a public school employee who works with children with disabilities, said she was scared, got angry, and repeatedly told officers she had a right to see the search warrant. She was denied, even though Chicago Police’s own search warrant policy says warrants need to be turned over “promptly.”

The family said the warrant wasn’t turned over until after police searched the home, broke a big-screen TV, and made a mess of their entire apartment.

Jackson also said they never knocked to announce they were police and that they just came right in, traumatizing small children and adults.

Jackson was in tears as she described the raid.

“Then you see guns, you see guns pointing at us and it was like terrifying,” Jackson said.

Samari said she was playing “Duck, Duck, Goose” right before the handguns were pointed at her.

“I thought they was going to shoot me, and my brother, and everybody else,” she said.

“We are people, we have rights, we deserve to be respected,” Jackson added.

CBS 2 Investigators have been looking at Chicago Police wrong raids since August of 2018. To date, we have shown four cases, involving 11 children, where police held innocent families for long periods of time without showing them the warrants.

In each case, the families say the warrants were not turned over until police were leaving.

“They gave me the search warrant after they tore up the house,” said Ebony Tate, who had her home wrongly raided in September of 2018.

In November of 2018, we asked Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson about officers raiding the wrong homes.

“We try to provide the officers all the training we can to ensure that type of thing doesn’t happen,” Johnson said.

We also uncovered children dealing with emotional trauma after police pointed guns at them.

Peter Mendez was 9 years old when he said cops pointed rifles at him and his younger brother during another raid with a warrant that named the people one floor above their apartment.

“Just the saddest moment,” said a crying Mendez recalling that night.

Jackson said during the Feb. 10 birthday party raid, officers made insulting comments to her when she told them she was a law-abiding citizen who works with special needs children at Chicago Public Schools.

“Police officers are supposed to protect and serve, not talk to us like we’re nothing, like we’re beneath them,” Jackson said. “And it was really hurtful, really hurtful.”

So, how often do wrong raids happen? It seems to be a tightly guarded secret at Chicago Police Headquarters.

We asked Johnson last year if the Chicago Police Department tracks wrong raids.

“Yeah, we look at it,” Jackson said.

But when asked if he could provide specific numbers, he said, “I don’t have it off the top of my head, but we do have it.”

Despite official Freedom of Information requests by CBS 2 made five months ago, no such records have been turned over.

Hofeld Jr., who also represents Mendez’s family in their case, has been fighting to get all the body camera footage of the raid. But key portions still have not been turned over.

“One-hundred percent, we want all of them,” he said of the body camera videos. “Every one.”

Jackson and Samari’s family said they are not sure if officers were even wearing body cameras, but they hope so. They want to know how TJ’s birthday cake ended up outside its box and on the basement floor.

“There it was in the corner, on the floor, with the number 4 stuck in it,” Jackson said.

“I really think the judges have to be more careful and make sure that their officers – the people who are here to protect and serve us – have done their homework.”

[YOUTUBEIF]SE1xfVer3Lk[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS