What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

:laughing:
What kind of mother allows the dad to give their son a name like that?

That said, years ago I had a fishing buddy whose real name was Jack Daniels; I was well acquainted with another man whose name was Jim Beam,
and my current neighbor is an old guy whose real name is Johnny Walker....

Of course I guess any of those are better than naming your son Mike, if your last name is Hunt.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I had a friend whose name was Dick Head and his nickname was 'Happy' (no, honest!).:biggrin:

His parents were smart, accomplished business people but they were churchgowers from the Mid West.

When Happy was 5 someone clued them in as to what alla the snickering was about and they had his name changed.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Not as popular as Jack Daniels, but I had a housemate in college named Evan Williams.

N

nordie

picture.php

R

Robrites

13-Year-Old Drinking Prodigy Accepted To Ohio State

13-Year-Old Drinking Prodigy Accepted To Ohio State

[youtubeif]nYDiggEp-hw[/youtubeif]

shithawk420

Veteran
That was absolutely hilarious! When I was 13 was drinking jack Daniels and listening to Yes and Mozart in my room and hell I'm only 31.that video was great but alcoholism is not.its almost like a slap in the face to people like me.of course I AM THE LIQUOR so I guess I am the exception! Lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bozo i know named his boy "Justin Tyme" because he was born on Dec. 30th, i think, just in time for a tax deduction that year...

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
NASA Reports Meteor Explosion Worth 11 Hiroshima Bombs, Missed by Media

NASA Reports Meteor Explosion Worth 11 Hiroshima Bombs, Missed by Media

_106062480_gettyimages-1127790125.jpg

The entrance and subsequent explosion of the meteor went unnoticed by media and locals in December 2018 as it went off over the sea, far away from inhabited areas.

NASA has reported that a large meteor explosion over the Bering Sea, near Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula in December 2018 went unnoticed despite being second in power The meteor entered the Earth's atmosphere almost vertically at a steep angle of 7 degrees and at a speed of around 32kmDespite producing the second powerful air burst in 30 years, the Bering Sea meteor went largely unnoticed as it exploded over the sea and not above an inhabited area as happened with the Chelyabinsk meteor in 2013, which produced the most powerful meteor air burst over the last 30 years. Back then social media was flooded with videos and photos of the fireball blazing in the sky brighter than sun. The superbolide exploded around 30 kilometres above the Earth with a power of 400 to 500 kilotons, although most of it was sucked by the thick atmospheric layers.

It remained at first unnoticed by NASA, but the agency was later notified by the US Air Force about the blast.over the last 30 years of observations. The Bering Sea fireball exploded 25.6 kilometres above the air having struck thicker layers of the atmosphere with its air burst power reaching 173 kilotons, which is 11 times less than "Little Boy", a 15-kiloton bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima.

Sources: https://sputniknews.com/science/201903181073342810-nasa-meteor-hiroshima/

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47607696

RMS

:smoweed:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Armed home invaders get what's coming to them Son Sees Mother Held @ Gunpoint

Armed home invaders get what's coming to them Son Sees Mother Held @ Gunpoint

MIMS, Fla. —
Two men were fatally shot Thursday after deputies said they broke into a home in unincorporated Titusville.

The shooting happened at a home on West Court, near Donna Drive, around 12:20 p.m., officials with the Brevard County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said two men entered the home in an apparent effort to commit a robbery.

When the men got inside, another man grabbed a gun and shot them both.

Alvin Smalls was pronounced dead at the scene, while the second man, 18-year-old Amir Lynn, ran outside and collapsed near the street. Lynn was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, deputies said.

A neighbor told WESH 2 News, the man's mother was talking to the two men outside before the incident. Officials believe the mother might have known one of the men.

"Right now it appears it is a case of them defending themselves in the home," Brevard County Sheriff's Spokesperson Tod Goodyear said.

The man told emergency officials he shot the pair because one of them put a gun to his mother's head.

"He held my mom at gunpoint: I couldn't stop it." He told the operator.

A distraught woman, possibly a relative, had to be restrained by a deputy while trying to get through the police lines after the shooting. Residents said it was scene they will never forget.

The investigation is ongoing and deputies said the shooter is cooperating.

Source: https://www.wesh.com/article/this-day-in-history-florida-woman-at-center-of-landmark-right-to-die-case-taken-off-final-feeding-tube/26854746

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Pilots REVEALED to Have Learned How to Fly Plane on iPad

Pilots REVEALED to Have Learned How to Fly Plane on iPad

1073319164.jpg

Two major accidents in less than five months, which killed a total of 346 people, raised concerns about the safety of Boeing's brand-new 737 MAX aircraft. It emerged that pilots did not practice flying these planes in simulators, because the company and authorities deemed it unnecessary.
Many pilots in the United States have not been fully informed about how to deal with the new features of the Boeing 737 MAX, including its anti-stall system, and learned about the jet on an iPad, the New York Times reports.

The pilot unions of Southwest Airlines and American Airlines are said to have repeatedly requested Boeing provide them with simulators for the MAX model, but the aircraft manufacturer and the US Federal Aviation Administration decided that pilots do not require additional simulator training because they had Boeing experience.

It appears that software that would simulate flying a Boeing 737 MAX jet was rolled out shortly before the plane was completed.

They were building the airplane and still designing it," Bowen said. "The data to build a simulator didn't become available until about when the plane was ready to fly," said Greg Bowen of the Southwest pilots association.

According to the NYT, a group of pilots who studied the new model without actually flying it compiled a 13-page guide on differences between the 737 MAX and its predecessor, but it did not mention the new anti-stall software — the one that is in the focus of the ongoing investigations into recent crashes in Ethiopia and Indonesia.

The training also included a two-hour iPad course from Boeing.

After the Lion Air crash in late October, Boeing officials promised to fix software within several weeks, but doubled down on their claims that pilots did not need additional training.

As things stand now, the Boeing MAX jets, which first entered service in May 2017, are grounded in most of the world pending inquiry into last week's Ethiopian Airlines crash, which killed all 157 people on board.

The black boxes are being analysed in France, but the FAA has already confirmed that there are similarities with the Indonesia Lion Air crash. In both accidents, the planes went down shortly after take-off, and experts suspect that these tragedies could be caused by false readings from sensors, which led the automatic systems to force the nose down

Source: https://sputniknews.com/us/201903171073319355-pilots-were-given-ipad-course-to-learn-about-boeing-max-jets-reports/

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
One of the Two Existing Koenigsegg CCXR Special Ones Was Wrecked in Mexico

One of the Two Existing Koenigsegg CCXR Special Ones Was Wrecked in Mexico

txzaf9ni5ekfjgp6lzv6.png

Yesterday, the man who goes by Don Koenigsegg on Instagram wrecked a full 50 percent of all the Koenigsegg CCXR Special Ones ever built. There were two, and they’re valued at about 30 million pesos ($1.57 million United Statesian-bucks) each. Now there’s one.

The real identity of the owner hasn’t been revealed, but a bit is known about the car’s final moments, which were spent driving at “excessive speed” on Paseo de la Reforma, a large street that cuts diagonally through Mexico City.

More details about the wreck have yet to be released.

bfyhzhyfr4i8mll50tvo.png

There’s been a number of videos of the car hauling ass around the city, and now there’s a number showing the aftermath of one particular bout of ass hauling around the city.

This particular turquoise car was built in 2009 for a Qatari sheik named “ANA” Al-Thani. The car has its name, “Special One,” written in goofy, flowery script on the rocker panels and dashboard, making it feel a little bit like a fancy bathroom towel holder, or something, albeit one with over 1,000 horsepower and capable of speeds well over 200 MPH, unusual performance for any sort of bathroom equipment.

This is the first wreck of a Koenigsegg in Mexico since 2016, when a CCX was completely destroyed after hitting a curb and rolling several times, injuring the occupants.

Luckily, nobody was hurt in this wreck, and while it’s a shame to see a unique car like this be destroyed, I’m pretty sure Don Koenigsegg, whoever they are, will still manage to get by, somehow.

[YOUTUBEIF]aRzA-O8cJGA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Source: https://jalopnik.com/one-of-the-two-existing-koenigsegg-ccxr-special-ones-wa-1833404155

RMS

N

nordie

picture.php
ARMANDO JUST SOLD AT ACTION FOR $2 MIL , BIDDING BY 2 CHINESE. IS 4YEARS OLD AND RETIRED.:biggrin:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Handcuffed teen escapes police station by diving head-first out window

Handcuffed teen escapes police station by diving head-first out window

[YOUTUBEIF]zbE_7R345Lw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Quantrell D. Schwartzlow, 17, managed to flee the Rock County Sheriff’s Office in Janesville after being left alone in an interview room. The teenager had been hauled from his classroom at Orfordville Parkview High School on October 18 and arrested on suspicion of strangulation in an August 1 assault. Footage shows the teen heading straight for the window as the detective leaves the room. He opens the blinds and pushes the window out before diving headfirst from 12ft up. A second camera picks him up sprinting across the lawn making his getaway. About 14 minutes later, the detective returns to find the room empty and the window wide open, before uttering: 'Ah, no f****** way'.

RMS

Latest posts

Latest posts