What's new

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

R

Robrites

Jk8rsFK.jpg

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Old magazine advertisement (mid 1960's?) for men's trousers...

Attachments

• action pants.jpg
    action pants.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 17
R

Robrites

Cricket-buying binge takes bizarre turn when insects escape, infest house

Updated 4:16 PM; Posted 3:33 PM
4CKENVUAEVB2LJACRMNG2AZE2M.jpg

Imagine hundreds or thousands of these suckers running (or crawling) amok in your house. (File photo)

0 shares

By Mary Mooney | The Oregonian/OregonLive
mmooney@oregonian.com
The Oregonian/OregonLive

Your weekend could be going so much worse.
Just ask this hapless reporter from The Washington Post, who ordered a pile of crickets to feed the family lizard, neglected to warn his spouse they were coming, found out the hard way that online cricket deliveries come in less-than-sturdy packages, and, fortunately for the rest of us, tweeted about the whole experience.
If you’ve got pets, a spouse or an interest in/aversion to bugs, you’re going to want to read this.
And maybe never complain about the stench of your cat’s canned food ever again.
So, a shipment of crickets for the lizard arrived via FedEx today. It was my first time ordering bulk crickets off the internet, and I naively assumed that they would be in like, a bag or some other contraption to facilitate easy transfer to another container. They were not.
— Christopher Ingraham (@_cingraham) December 29, 2018
They were in a cardboard box. And I cut the tape and opened the box and SURPRISE! Crickets everywhere. It was the middle of the workday and I didn't have time to deal with cricket logistics, so I put the tape back on the box.
And then I put the box in the upstairs bathroom, the only semi-contained place in the house where I knew the kids and the cats and the dogs wouldn't be able to get at the box and tear it open and unleash 250 hungry crickets into our warm, semi-humid environment.
About 20 minutes later I'm back at work on my computer, and I hear my wife in the kitchen: "where are these goddamn crickets coming from." I freely admit I had not kept her fully up-to-date on my cricket purchasing plans.
And at first I was like "okay, maybe one or two got out when I initially opened the box. No biggie." I kept working.
With the benefit of hindsight, this was a mistake.
I'm trying to wrap up a story but I keep hearing cricket-related exclamations coming from the kitchen. Eventually I get up to investigate. I say, "So uh the crickets got here toda--"
"I REALIZE THAT," she says. "WHY ARE THEY ALL OVER THE KITCHEN"
I say "That's a good question. Let me check something." I walk over to the bathroom. I open the door. There are crickets. Everywhere.
Crickets on the floor. Crickets on the walls. Crickets in the sink. Crickets in the toilet.
For some reason my first instinct is to flush the toilet, as if that will do anything to solve the problem of crickets in all the other places that were not the toilet. I shut the door. "Uh, don't come in here!" I try to sound cheerful.
Apparently I had not sealed the box shut as well as I should have. I ended up rushing out to the shed, in the 18" of snow and below zero temperatures, to pick up a spare aquarium we had. I spent about 45 minutes collecting crickets from the bathroom.
Of course by this point many had migrated elsewhere. They were in the closet. In the shoes. Making their way downstairs to the playroom. The cats were having what I can only imagine was the greatest day of their lives.
I tried to collect all of them. It was like the world's shittiest game of Pokemon. But here we are, roughly 10 hours after the initial catastrophe, and stray crickets are still turning up in odd places.
I make this information public because if I do not send any tweets tomorrow, it is because my wife murdered me after finding a cricket in our bed in the middle of the night.
And that's the news from Red Lake Falls.
He later revealed that he did, indeed, survive the night. As did his marriage.
To all you monsters who demanded photos of the infestation: believe it or not, while a horde of crickets was marauding through my house I did not think to whip out my phone and start snapping pics
I mean, can you imagine?
Wife: THERE'S A CRICKET IN MY PUMPKIN PIE
Me: This is tremendous content, where's my phone
But I'm glad you all enjoyed our suffering, we've been laughing our asses off at your responses all day which almost makes it all worth it. To my new followers, I look forward to disappointing you in 2019.
-- Mary Mooney

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Here's the best part- "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The cats were having what I can only imagine was the greatest day of their lives.[/FONT]"

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Glad to see the cops of Lexington, Ky have a sense of humor!
And the State Police of Colorado, who replied to them and offered condolences...

Hopefully both dept.'s will show the same sense of humor toward cannabis possession ....and let them go...

Police post heartbroken pics of Krispy Kreme doughnut truck lost in fire

(Photo: Lexington Police Department/Facebook)

Stereotypes are usually damaging, hurtful assumptions, and we don’t endorse them in any way. But every once in a while, they can still be a benign source of humor, as was the case in Lexington, Kentucky, on Monday, when police responded to a Krispy Kreme doughnut truck that was destroyed by fire.

The driver of the truck noticed the smoke coming and exited the vehicle quickly, so there were no injuries in the dramatic midday accident, according to local station LEX 18, though all the doughnuts it was transporting were destroyed. That left the door open for the police on the scene to poke fun at the old joke about their love of the sugary treats.
“No words,” read the Facebook post from the Lexington Police Department, featuring three photos of the officers who responded to the call looking forlorn at the loss of the truck.

Followers responded with quick-witted responses of their own, including from fellow law enforcement officials.
“This literally hurts my soul. Prayers to LPD as they deal with this loss. #IDonutThinkWeCanRecoverFromThis,” the Louisville Police Department commented on the post.
“Our hearts break for you. You have all our support. Come to the Rockies and partake of all our donuts. Just, uh…maybe avoid the brownies, mmkay?” quipped the Colorado State Patrol.

Attachments

• 5003193_010219-wtvd-krispy-kreme-truck-fire-picsvid.jpg
    5003193_010219-wtvd-krispy-kreme-truck-fire-picsvid.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 13
  • DvxfPcuXQAArKY9.jpg
    DvxfPcuXQAArKY9.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 16

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phoenix police investigate after woman in coma for a decade gives birth

(Reuters) - Phoenix police on Saturday were investigating reports of a sexual assault after a woman who has been hospitalized in a vegetative state for the past decade gave birth.

The woman, who was incapacitated in a drowning incident, was a patient at Hacienda Healthcare when she went into labor on Dec. 29 and delivered a baby boy, according to local media. No one knew she was pregnant and healthcare staff were initially unsure why she was moaning, the reports said.

"This matter is currently under investigation by the Phoenix Police Department," Sergeant Tommy Thompson told Reuters when asked about the media reports.

Hacienda spokesman David Leibowitz said the facility had recently become aware of a "deeply disturbing incident" involving one of its residents.

He declined to say whether its staff were being asked to undergo DNA testing to identify a possible suspect, or whether the facility was taking any preventative measures to protect patients against a similar situation.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: Well if they want to save some money, I suggest they limit the DNA testing to the male staff members, just sayin'. :tiphat::whistling:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Toyota flying car CES 2019

Toyota flying car CES 2019

Flying car prototypes will take centre stage at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week.

Among the innovations on display at the annual technology event will be designs from startup firm NFT and a scaled-down version from Toyota.

Despite formidable hurdles over safety and cost, the global competition to develop flying cars..

wire-8111494-1546567621-838_634x408.jpg

In Japan, Toyota backed Cartivator group volunteers are building a 'Skydrive' flying car.

They have set their sights on using one to light the flame at the opening of the Olympic games in Tokyo in 2020.

A scaled-down replica is to be shown at CES.

Several companies, including Uber and start-ups backed by Google co-founder Larry Page, are working on people-carrying drones or similar flying vehicles.

Major international names, including American ride-hailing giant Uber, Amazon and European aircraft maker Airbus, are working on the vehicles, which say they could help reduce traffic and aid emergency response to disasters.

Aerospace firm NFT are developing a flying vehicle in Israel and California will have a prototype on display at the event.

Co-founders Maki and Guy Kaplinsky are 'working to marry a plane with a car', meaning no airports or heliports would be needed.

They say they believe they have a low cost winning design that will enable them to make the 'Model-T of flying cars', ready to demonstrate next year.

Made by Ford, the Model-T is regarded as the first affordable automobile which paved the way for car travel for the modern middle-class American.

The start-up has a team of veteran aviation engineers at the facility in Israel who the founders say are focused on research to eventually design hardware and software while enlisting original equipment manufacturers to crank out products at scale.

They say they will learn from Tesla's mistakes and focus on the technology and collaborate with companies on assembly.

'We learned from Tesla that Elon Musk spent too much time on the production side,' Mr Kaplinsky said.

'We are spending our time on the technology side and will partner with companies on assembly.'

The NFT vehicle has a projected price tag of $50,000 (£39,000) will function as a car, but will be able to take off or land vertically and fly on auto-pilot.

wire-8111500-1546567623-913_634x421.jpg

NFT say they aim to build a prototype and form alliances with major corporations to 'make mass production of the flying car a reality'.

'Our approach is more for the mom and three kids; you load everyone in the car one time and get where you need to go,' Mr Kaplinsky said.

A smartphone mapping application could be paired to a navigation center hosted in the internet cloud, routing drivers to takeoff points and providing instructions to auto-pilots in cars.
Gartner automotive analyst Mike Ramsey says autonomous flying vehicles are coming, but won't disrupt the way people travel.

Mr Ramsey said cost, regulation, and battery life are just a few of the hurdles for flying vehicles.

Chinese automotive company Terrafugia, which belongs to the parent company of Volvo, are already set to put their first flying car on the market.

According to Terrafugia, the two-seat 'transition craft', which can switch between driving and flying modes in less than a minute, are already taking orders from customers.

Terrafugia's Transition was recently granted an exemption by the FAA, allowing it to be classified as a 'light-sport' craft, according to the Washington Post.

The aircraft has fold-out wings, weigh roughly 1,300 pounds, and have fixed landing gear

4E6B0C9000000578-5972569-The_hybrid_electric_motor_has_an_internal_combustion_engine_and_-a-26_1532062210209.jpg

They seat a maximum of two people, including the pilot.

To operate them, one must have a sport pilot certificate, which requires just 20 hours of training.

The craft reaches a cruise speed of 100 mph, and can achieve a range of 400 miles.

And, it can fly to a maximum altitude of 10,000 feet.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6556373/Buzz-grows-flying-cars-ahead-major-tech-show.html

RMS

:smoweed:

dddaver

Veteran
well, THAT was just so SEXIST...:tiphat:

In TOTAL agreement.

Whoa. Just saying SHIT SWEETHEART. Kinda passive aggressive there? :biggrin:

A few years ago a group of nurses at that facility were standing around a bed of a vegetative patients bed deriding his penis, When the CEO/President who resigned over this rape was in a meeting and someone said they were going to report that incident to the authorities, he slammed his hand down on the table and shouted something to the effect THIS WILL NOT BE REPORTED!

Obviously perverts are not relegated to either sex. So female nurses can't be perverts?

Latest posts

Latest posts