What's new

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

geneva_sativa

Should I clarify? I’m not into conspiracies about shit like this. If you’ve got proof of public data being changed, according to a plan or pattern, don’t be cute, spit it out.

If you’re talking about the Trump regime deleting scientific data, reports, etc - that’s been going on since he got in office. As far as his ‘side’ goes, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

no thanks, I wont waste my time talking with you about that,,,

seems you have already made up your mind..

but its all good, mane,,, no need to get unhinged :tiphat:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Franky Zapata first person to cross English Channel

Franky Zapata first person to cross English Channel

Second time lucky: Daredevil French inventor Franky Zapata, 40, becomes the first person to successfully cross the English Channel on a jet-powered hoverboard a week after his first, failed attempt
French inventor Franky Zapata has crossed the English Channel on a kerosene-powered hoverboard

The 40-year-old is the first person in history to complete the flight following a failed attempt last week

He landed on the White Cliffs of Dover after just 23 minutes of flight following takeoff at Sangatte, France

Flying Frenchman Franky Zapata today became the first person in history to cross the English Channel on a kerosene-powered board not much bigger than a tea tray – saying it 'feels magnificent!'.

The 40-year-old set off towards the White Cliffs of Dover from Sangatte beach, in Calais, at 7.16am UK time in front of a cheering crowd.

Within seconds he was soaring through the skies looking just like a high-tech version of Marty McFly, the character played by Michael J. Fox in the ‘Back to the Future’ films.

There were shouts of ‘Allez le Flying Frenchman!’ and ‘Go Franky, go!’,including from Mr Zapata’s wife, Kystal.

And at 7.39am – 23 minutes later – the triumphant Mr Zapata landed at St Margaret’s Bay in Kent, saying: 'Frankly, this feels magnificent!'.

16865122-7319143-The_flight_was_his_second_attempt_to_cross_the_stretch_of_water_-a-31_1564963506804.jpg

16865494-7319143-The_flying_Frenchman_was_shadowed_by_two_helicopters_as_he_made_-a-29_1564963506803.jpg

The army reservist and former Jetski champion lifted an arm in the air in triumph, shed a tear, and savoured his incredible success.

‘There were no problems this time,’ he told waiting reporters. ‘Frankly, I’m tired – I’m not on holiday, but I’m elated. Thanks so much my team, and to my wife'.

'For the last five to six kilometres I just really enjoyed it. Whether this is a historic event or not, I'm not the one to decide that, time will tell.'

'We made a machine three years ago...and now we've crossed the Channel, it's crazy,' he said, before breaking into tears.

16486944-7319143-Powered_by_five_jet_engines_the_impressive_Flyboard_Air_can_prop-a-48_1564963506859.jpg

Powered by five jet engines, the impressive 'Flyboard Air' can propel its driver through the sky at impressive speeds of up to 120mph

[YOUTUBEIF]FoW-19mdy4g[/YOUTUBEIF]

16865780-7319143-Mr_Zapata_pictured_at_the_beginning_of_his_flight_heading_past_t-a-42_1564963506857.jpg

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7319143/French-inventor-Franky-Zapata-person-successfully-cross-English-Channel.html

RMS

:smoweed:

White Beard

no thanks, I wont waste my time talking with you about that,,,

seems you have already made up your mind..

but its all good, mane,,, no need to get unhinged :tiphat:

But you’re okay wasting MY time *not* talking about it?

“No thanks”...but I may remind you not to get unhinged in the future

Gry

Veteran
Second time lucky: Daredevil French inventor Franky Zapata, 40, becomes the first person to successfully cross the English Channel on a jet-powered hoverboard a week after his first, failed attempt
French inventor Franky Zapata has crossed the English Channel on a kerosene-powered hoverboard

The 40-year-old is the first person in history to complete the flight following a failed attempt last week

He landed on the White Cliffs of Dover after just 23 minutes of flight following takeoff at Sangatte, France

Flying Frenchman Franky Zapata today became the first person in history to cross the English Channel on a kerosene-powered board not much bigger than a tea tray – saying it 'feels magnificent!'.

The 40-year-old set off towards the White Cliffs of Dover from Sangatte beach, in Calais, at 7.16am UK time in front of a cheering crowd.

Within seconds he was soaring through the skies looking just like a high-tech version of Marty McFly, the character played by Michael J. Fox in the ‘Back to the Future’ films.

There were shouts of ‘Allez le Flying Frenchman!’ and ‘Go Franky, go!’,including from Mr Zapata’s wife, Kystal.

And at 7.39am – 23 minutes later – the triumphant Mr Zapata landed at St Margaret’s Bay in Kent, saying: 'Frankly, this feels magnificent!'.

View Image

View Image

The army reservist and former Jetski champion lifted an arm in the air in triumph, shed a tear, and savoured his incredible success.

‘There were no problems this time,’ he told waiting reporters. ‘Frankly, I’m tired – I’m not on holiday, but I’m elated. Thanks so much my team, and to my wife'.

'For the last five to six kilometres I just really enjoyed it. Whether this is a historic event or not, I'm not the one to decide that, time will tell.'

'We made a machine three years ago...and now we've crossed the Channel, it's crazy,' he said, before breaking into tears.

View Image

Powered by five jet engines, the impressive 'Flyboard Air' can propel its driver through the sky at impressive speeds of up to 120mph

[youtubeif]FoW-19mdy4g[/youtubeif]

View Image

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erson-successfully-cross-English-Channel.html

RMS

Too neat !

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With five out of eight screws still there I can only assume they were screwed into something which held them in place.
it looks to be a plate like I had to keep my fractured fibula together, it too had an every other hole getting a screw kinda pattern, I looked at pics of the doctors handiwork often.

If that plate were for the tibia bone instead it may have contained screws in all the existing holes, the tibia being the larger lower leg bone.

@ the 18 month mark I had all hardware removed which also included 2 long screws going thru the ankle glide joint. There was TONS less pain in coming out as opposed to when that hardware went in, but I can assure you it was a long time before I was able to do any serious running. Running was my jones in the way some guys can't be away from shootin' hoops for long.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Send Me An Angel: Bizarre Atmospheric Phenomenon Caught on Camera in Brazil

Send Me An Angel: Bizarre Atmospheric Phenomenon Caught on Camera in Brazil

1076544430.jpg

The massive shining figure was recorded soaring in a cloudy sky, changing direction but retaining its bizarre shape. It is unclear whether the filmed object is an energy source or a remarkable light refraction.
A strange and unique atmospheric phenomenon was caught on camera in Brazil. A video uploaded by a UFO hunter who goes under the name of Disclose Screen “the Greemreefar” shows a T-shaped shining object in the cloudy sky, which roughly resembles an angel in a long robe.

“It looks like light refraction but then again it looks like some type of energy source,” the cameraman says on the video. “It’s even got the harmonious appearance of an angel.”

The T-shaped object remains in motion for a period of time, moving from one cloud to another, changing angle and direction.

[YOUTUBEIF]6ab5qzkyFDY[/YOUTUBEIF]

People commenting on the video which was posted Monday found the figure to also resemble a dragon.

The nature of the phenomenon remains unclear. Several conjoined ball lightning spheres, however unlikely, could be one possible explanation.

Source: https://sputniknews.com/viral/201908131076544454-send-me-an-angel-bizarre-atmospheric-phenomenon-caught-on-camera-in-brazil/

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Active Ingredient in Weedkiller Found in 19 of 20 Top Beer and Wine Brands,Study Says

Active Ingredient in Weedkiller Found in 19 of 20 Top Beer and Wine Brands,Study Says

Some of America’s most popular beer and wine contain glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, according to a report by the U.S. Public Interest Research Group (U.S. PIRG).

In a report titled Glyphosate pesticide in beer and wine, U.S. PIRG tested 20 samples of beer, wine, and hard cider, including several organic brands. The report found that all but one contained the potentially harmful chemical glyphosate.

2018-08-11T012611Z_2_LYNXMPEE791FY_RTROPTP_4_BRAZIL-AGRICULTURE-CHEMICALS-600x430.jpg

The report was issued as a federal court in San Francisco began hearing arguments over whether Monsanto’s Roundup weed killer causes cancer.

“When you’re having a beer or a glass of wine, the last thing you want to think about is that it includes a potentially dangerous pesticide,” U.S. PIRG Education Fund’s Sara Cooks, the author of the report, told USA TODAY. “We found that it is incredibly difficult to avoid the troubling reality that consumers will likely drink glyphosate at every happy hour and backyard barbecue around the country.”

GettyImages-488503894-600x400.jpg

A total of 5 wines, 13 beers, and 2 hard ciders were examined. The wine brands tested were Barefoot, Beringer, Frey (organic), Inkarri Estates (organic), and Sutter Home. The beer brands were Budweiser, Coors, Corona, Guinness, Heineken, Miller, Peak (organic), Sam Adams, Samuel Smith (organic), Sierra Nevada, Stella Artois, Tsingtao, and New Belgium. Ace Perry Hard Cider and Stella Artois Cidre was also tested.

The report found it particularly concerning that glyphosate was discovered in three out of four organic alcoholic beverages tested despite the fact that weed killer products like Roundup have long been prohibited in the making of organic beer and wine.

The amount of glyphosate discovered in the samples ranged as high as 51 parts per billion (ppb) in Sutter Home wine and more than 25 ppb in non-organic beers from Budweiser, Coors, Corona, Miller, and Tsingtao. The organic drinks were found to have totals as high as 5.2 ppb.

While these numbers are below the EPA’s risk tolerances for beverages, at least one previous scientific study found that as little as one ppb of glyphosate can stimulate the growth of breast cancer cells and disrupt the endocrine system.

With the findings indicating glyphosate contamination is common in some of the most popular beers and wine, the report recommended that the EPA should “reconsider the safety of glyphosate due to increasing scientific evidence showing that glyphosate is a probable human carcinogen” and “ban the use of glyphosate unless and until it can be proven safe.”

“With a federal court looking at the connection between Roundup and cancer today, we believe this is the perfect time to shine a spotlight on glyphosate,” Cook-Schultz said. “This chemical could prove a true risk to so many Americans’ health, and they should know that it is everywhere—including in many of their favorite drinks.”

Here are the testing results, listed from highest to lowest levels of the pesticide:

Wines:

Sutter Home Merlot (2018), U.S. vineyard, 4-pack, 187-ml bottles, 51.4 ppb
Beringer’s Founders’ Estate Moscato (2018), U.S. vineyard, 750-ml bottles, 42.6 ppb
Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon (2018), U.S. vineyard, 4-pack, 187-ml bottles, 36.3 ppb
Inkarri Malbec: Certified Organic (2016), Argentina, 750-ml bottles, 5.3 ppb
Frey Organic Natural (2017), U.S. vineyard, 750-ml bottles, 4.8 ppb

Beers & Hard Ciders:

Tsingtao Beer (2017), Chinese beer, 4-pack, 640-ml (21.6-oz) bottles, 49.7 ppb
Coors Light (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 500-ml (16.9-oz) cans, 31.1 ppb
Miller Lite (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 375-ml (12.7-oz) bottles, 29.8 ppb
Budweiser (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 440-ml (14.88-oz) bottles, 27 ppb.
Corona Extra (2017), Mexican beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 25.1 ppb
Heineken (2018), Dutch beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 20.9 ppb
Guinness Draught (2018), Irish beer, 4-pack, 440-ml (14.88-oz) bottles, 20.3 ppb
Stella Artois (2017), Belgian beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 18.7 ppb
Ace Perry Hard Cider (2018), U.S. cider, 6-pack, 650-ml (22-oz) bottles, 14.5 ppb
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 350-ml (11.83-oz) cans, 11.8 ppb
New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 350-ml (11.83-oz) bottles, 11.2 ppb
Sam Adams New England IPA (2018), U.S. beer, 4-pack, 475-ml (16-oz) cans, 11 ppb
Stella Artois Cidre (2018), Belgian cider, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 9.1 ppb
Samuel Smith’s Organic Lager (2017), U.K. beer, 550-ml (18.6-oz) bottle, 5.7 ppb
Peak Organic IPA (2018), U.S. beer, 350-ml (11.83-oz) bottle, no detected level

Source: Wines: Sutter Home Merlot (2018), U.S. vineyard, 4-pack, 187-ml bottles, 51.4 ppb Beringer’s Founders’ Estate Moscato (2018), U.S. vineyard, 750-ml bottles, 42.6 ppb Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon (2018), U.S. vineyard, 4-pack, 187-ml bottles, 36.3 ppb Inkarri Malbec: Certified Organic (2016), Argentina, 750-ml bottles, 5.3 ppb Frey Organic Natural (2017), U.S. vineyard, 750-ml bottles, 4.8 ppb Beers & Hard Ciders: Tsingtao Beer (2017), Chinese beer, 4-pack, 640-ml (21.6-oz) bottles, 49.7 ppb Coors Light (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 500-ml (16.9-oz) cans, 31.1 ppb Miller Lite (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 375-ml (12.7-oz) bottles, 29.8 ppb Budweiser (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 440-ml (14.88-oz) bottles, 27 ppb. Corona Extra (2017), Mexican beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 25.1 ppb Heineken (2018), Dutch beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 20.9 ppb Guinness Draught (2018), Irish beer, 4-pack, 440-ml (14.88-oz) bottles, 20.3 ppb Stella Artois (2017), Belgian beer, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 18.7 ppb Ace Perry Hard Cider (2018), U.S. cider, 6-pack, 650-ml (22-oz) bottles, 14.5 ppb Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 350-ml (11.83-oz) cans, 11.8 ppb New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale (2018), U.S. beer, 6-pack, 350-ml (11.83-oz) bottles, 11.2 ppb Sam Adams New England IPA (2018), U.S. beer, 4-pack, 475-ml (16-oz) cans, 11 ppb Stella Artois Cidre (2018), Belgian cider, 6-pack, 355-ml (12-oz) bottles, 9.1 ppb Samuel Smith’s Organic Lager (2017), U.K. beer, 550-ml (18.6-oz) bottle, 5.7 ppb Peak Organic IPA (2018), U.S. beer, 350-ml (11.83-oz) bottle, no detected level

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
NY Woman Stops For Groceries, Returns to Find Dead Body In Back of Her Pickup Truck

NY Woman Stops For Groceries, Returns to Find Dead Body In Back of Her Pickup Truck

A woman had quite a shock when she went to load groceries into her pickup truck at a western New York supermarket: There was a man's body in the truck bed.
Niagara County Sheriff James Votour says the woman left her home near Rochester Friday morning heading for a campsite.
She stopped in the Niagara County town of Lockport to pick up a few supplies at a Tops market. When she returned to her vehicle she found the dead man.
Votour says the man had no ID but fingerprints and facial recognition will be used to try to identify him. He's described as possibly Hispanic, in his 40s or 50s, about 5-foot-8, 180 pounds, and wearing jeans and a light-colored shirt.

Source: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NY-Woman-Stops-For-Groceries-Finds-Dead-Body-In-Back-of-Her-Pickup-Truck-When-She-Returns-548277571.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

RMS

A

anoydas 666

picture.php
5 year old attacked by eastern grey kangaroo in backyard, dad stepped in to save him n boxed on with roo.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
LIFESTYLE Is It Even Possible to Smoke $40,000 of Weed in a Month?

LIFESTYLE Is It Even Possible to Smoke $40,000 of Weed in a Month?

mike-tyson-smokes-a-lot-of-weed-1024x640.jpg

On a recent episode of his podcast, Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson told rapper Jim Jones that he consumes about $40,000 of cannabis per month at Tyson Ranch, his future cannabis “resort.” As Jim’s mind is blown by this number, Eben Brriton, Tyson’s co-host, follows this up by saying that they smoke 10 tons of weed per month.
We call bullshit. Let’s look at theHow Much Weed Does $40,000 Buy?

Let’s look at that figure of $40,000. I live in Washington, where eighths of That Fire cost about $45 on average. So by the numbers, that would be about almost 900 eighths per month (if you broke it down to the usual retail value of cannabis).
As a blunt/joint smoker, the eighths I buy tend to go quickly. An eighth is like 3 to 4 blunts. By my personal consumption, 900 eighths would add up to about 2,700 blunts per month, which would be 90 blunts per day, which would be about four blunts per hour. And that’s without ever stopping, for an entire month. numbers.

mike-tyson-cannabis-consumption.png

Even on the expensive side of things (looking at you, California), where eighths could run for the hellacious $70, that would still break down to about three blunts per hour, nonstop, for a whole 30 straight days.
Solo, that would be completely impossible. With a Tyson Ranch full of consumers, very possible; however, that smoke squad would have to literally sit there for an entire month and do nothing but face L’s all day and night. No food, no water, just doinks.
So either Mike is stretching the truth, or his team of weed-smoking superlungs are just reinforcing stoner boi stereotypes.
10 Tons of Weed in a Month

Now that we’ve established that $40,000 of cannabis in a month is technically possible, it’s time to address the most absurd claim of all:
“We smoke 10 tons of weed at the ranch a month.” – Eben Britton, former NFL player and Mike’s co-host.
FAM. NO.

RELATED STORY
The Roll-Up #16: Mike Tyson’s Cannabis Resort
Beau Kilmer, co-director of RAND Drug Policy Research Center, told Leafly that on average, the cannabis consumers who smoke at least 21 days per month smoke about 1.6 grams a day.
Ten tons of cannabis is 20,000 pounds, which equals 320,000 ounces, which equals a little over 9,000,000 grams per month.
You don’t have to be Ptolemy to see that this would be physically impossible. Even with 100,000 humans visiting the ranch per month, this would come out to 3 grams per person per day, which would be double the aforementioned average of consumption amongst people who smoke all the time. Not possible. And even if you look at it from a grams standpoint of “Yeah, you can smoke 3 grams in a day easily,” it would still be unlikely for Tyson Ranch to host 100,000 visitors per month.
So in the end, only one truth remains: men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.

Source: https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/is-it-possible-to-smoke-40000-dollars-of-weed

RMS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
$40K worth of weed ? sure, if you are a moron & buy incredibly over-priced weed... i mean, that could be just an ounce if you are alarmingly ignorant...:tiphat:

ozzieAI

Veteran
Video of man fishing while dangling from drone under investigation

Video of man fishing while dangling from drone under investigation

Video of man fishing while dangling from drone under investigation by CASA

https://www.facebook.com/UAVMe/videos/2157974847663933/

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority is investigating footage posted on social media of a man fishing from a chair that's being lifted by a homemade drone.

In the vision, taken at Upper Coliban Reservoir in central Victoria, the man, with beer at hand, is carried for several metres above the water, catches a fish and eventually returns to shore.

abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/footage-of-man-fishing-from-drone-being-investigated-by-casa/11460604

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
New breathalyzer can detect marijuana

New breathalyzer can detect marijuana

As recreational marijuana legalization becomes more widespread throughout the U.S., so has concern about what that means for enforcing DUI laws. Unlike a breathalyzer used to detect alcohol, police do not have a device that can be used in the field to determine if a driver is under the influence of marijuana. New research from the University of Pittsburgh is poised to change that.

An interdisciplinary team from the Department of Chemistry and the Swanson School of Engineering has developed a breathalyzer device that can measure the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive compound in marijuana, in the user's breath. Current drug testing methods rely on blood, urine or hair samples and therefore cannot be done in the field. They also only reveal that the user has recently inhaled the drug, not that they are currently under the influence.

The breathalyzer was developed using carbon nanotubes, tiny tubes of carbon 100,000 times smaller than a human hair. The THC molecule, along with other molecules in the breath, bind to the surface of the nanotubes and change their electrical properties. The speed at which the electrical currents recover then signals whether THC is present. Nanotechnology sensors can detect THC at levels comparable to or better than mass spectrometry, which is considered the gold standard for THC detection.

"The semiconductor carbon nanotubes that we are using weren't available even a few years ago," says Sean Hwang, lead author on the paper and a doctoral candidate in chemistry at Pitt. "We used machine learning to 'teach' the breathalyzer to recognize the presence of THC based on the electrical currents recovery time, even when there are other substances, like alcohol, present in the breath."

Hwang works in the Star Lab, led by Alexander Star, PhD, professor of chemistry with a secondary appointment in bioengineering. The group partnered with Ervin Sejdic, PhD, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering at the Swanson School of Engineering, to develop the prototype.

"Creating a prototype that would work in the field was a crucial step in making this technology applicable," says Dr. Sejdic. "It took a cross-disciplinary team to turn this idea into a usable device that's vital for keeping the roads safe."

The prototype looks similar to a breathalyzer for alcohol, with a plastic casing, protruding mouthpiece, and digital display. It was tested in the lab and was shown to be able to detect the THC in a breath sample that also contained components like carbon dioxide, water, ethanol, methanol, and acetone. The researchers will continue to test the prototype but hope it will soon move to manufacturing and be available for use.

"In legal states, you'll see road signs that say "Drive High, Get a DUI,' but there has not been a reliable and practical way to enforce that," says Dr. Star. "There are debates in the legal community about what levels of THC would amount to a DUI, but creating such a device is an important first step toward making sure people don't partake and drive."

Source: https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/science-futures/new-breathalyzer-can-detect-marijuana

http://bit.ly/2Zw1usE

RMS

Latest posts

Latest posts