What's new

Weird 3 point leaves

I've got her clone ready to go, afraid I've let her get too big, probably have to lst her or prune her down a little... Here's the clone that I've got running in a PPK using RO and Jacks Hydroponic at 600ppm like Delta9 is using... He says that he doesn't use any boosters with it and runs it all the way through...
View attachment 195414

The fan was blowing on her in this pic, so she kinda looks funny...

I've decided to up the PK and ride her out and just like you said the next time I will now what to look for and when to modify the feeding! No problem with being long winded... I'm sure that in the future some other newbie will have a similar problem, do a google search and find some help in this crazy yet interesting thread! I'm rockin this bitch to the end... Lol!

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to kewl johnny...glad your gettin it and yea man you got many years to get to know the ways a plant can express...but really man the whole thing is how you have them doin in veg...veg is growing...if it looks like that than you bet your goal is keepin her in that shape as it dev...
I'll tell ya why it works and don't at times....Some types will use any extra N but also need that large amount of P-K for it to dev best...some like just mod amounts of both all thru...some like to be very dark and need more and more P-K as they go and can be quite dark at almost harvest but these types usually have massive foliage and its so huge it actually leaches faster to..To me the color of your veg is basically perfect...your feel is on point there...
Another trick I use in bloom is this type of thinkin...What happens first when we flip a plant to bloom?...It gets less light..so in turn at first will need less food as its light cycle just got lowered..Now in our ways we flip a switch and all of a sudden its flower season cause we know that a 12/12 will initiate flowers..In nature this happens very slowly but northern breeds have short seasons and mature very quickly, they need that extra N cause they are in a quite fast and blasting enviro...Equatorials are getting similar amount of UVs but the diff is the growing season is almost endless...So right there is a view of 2 basic types but they both get a relative amount of light but the season and the diet is completely diff...
Now between these 2 is everything else...heh...
What also differs is the amount of carbs they pref..and the other stuff we covered perty well...so yea its all about learnin to fish...and just like fishin ya gata know the fish, best type of bait for it, the spot and do it in the best part of the season for them...
But I'll watch ya run out that Rom to if your showing it in a thread anywhere...I would love to have a Rom type back myself so its great to know that its still out there in a few forms..keep rollin
FOE20

Yeah, vegging has been a little easier for me than flowering...I think I'm getting it down more than flowering it looks like...

I've been researching how to grow for years and never got an opportunity until now...so this is my first grow... the ducks kinda freaked me out and I just upped their pk, which they seems to be loving by the way... they smell so good!! It's moving from more of an orange smell to more of a lemony citrusy smell...I'll have to get my wife to smell them, my nose sucks...she'll give me all the subtle smells...get back to you on those...I've almost talked myself back into revegging them...

This thread has the romulan clone in it... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248163

Do you have any grow threads? I'd love to check them out!

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive got a few threads but have lost quite a few as well on here from server dives in the past...I used to have some nice rather thick threads but now its like they cleaned house and some of my oldest ones are gone...Heres 3 tho....my current run is 30+ varieties deep...a few rooms ranging from veg rooms kickin 600-1k in 6x4's or 8x8's....and bloom rooms are 1600wts/8x8 to 3000k/10x10's...
all good tho...keep it rollin man
FOE20
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157594
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=44720
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157594

Damn, you've got wonderful looking plants and the strains! If I could just find two or three like some of your good ones in the next fee grows it would be great but I still learning and growing... The rom is starting to plump up, I'm giving her ph'd water only today to make sure there aren't any residual salts and tommorrow pump her pk up using overdrive... She is starting to smell really sweet and has been getting more brown hairs, she's getting more cloudy and less clear trichs... I'm thinking that she's got two weeks... I'm gonna pump the pk for a week and then flush for a week... She'll be fine for a week with water only before getting chopped...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whoa johnny..their grizzly lookin...heh...which is really good tho...but I;d say the N did get ahead of ya just a lil...I'd match that with P-K/carbs bro and your in great shape....I'd say perfect time for a solid bloom nute/booster combo..
You want to use the deeper residual N stored and boost the P-K and really max the calyx swelling and resin populations for the next 1-2wks..
I use PBP SoilBloom or OverDrive for base Bloom nute..,both have a formula thats 1-4-5-ish...This way the lower N level helps the plant use that stored N...
then a booster like KoolB, or BigBud, BBlaster, BeastieBloom, umm...something for weight/resin builder which also use up that reserve...this next couple wks is what will make it worth it..don;t go to heavy n keep relative to the levels u feed now....
oh and a carb to...lil carbo, cha-ching err sweet leaf, bud candy, raw sucanat maybe..just a tea spoon of somethin with good sugars..
For a more rich and organic profile theres always BudSwel, molasses, etc..
let me know if that made sense..just got my fade on so bout half way thru postin it gets cloudy..
man on my Webbed beast...its so Sativa...so guess between us both we get to see basically both expressions..its a good thing..plus the descripts your giving are right on line with the HawWeb traits as well...great stuff man and keep rollin
FOE20

Yeah, the look pretty crazy, I have been giving them reduced N and they still stay green! Lol... Next week, I'm gonna feed em straight overdrive... What ppm do ya think?

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what your ppm's now on avr?...if you could list what you just fed and the amount your feeding them that would help to..that way we can work from those #..
FOE20

what your ppm's now on avr?...if you could list what you just fed and the amount your feeding them that would help to..that way we can work from those #..
FOE20

I fed her 1/2 strength Sensi Bloom and full strength b53 & overdrive last couple feedings...

I have hammerhead, big bud and overdrive available...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
umm...meaning what in numerical value johnny bro?....hehe...aprox 200ppm total@pH?....400ppm?...dont need exacts but least a rough estimate..
also % of each product helps...as said I trouble shoot gardens so this is almost exactly how I work when I walk in a spot...I look at the plant and the setup, avail nutes..we know your setup n all so, I know these posts are long, but I know its letting you see a view you can use in all of it ya know...anyway
If I had that stuff on hand I'd work this and my thought line for it..
First a base = SBloom or overdrive(ths makes up almost all of the mix)
2nd a booster = BBud or HHead (a vit/hormone/micro essential element - only used i Micro amounts)
3rd is a activator sort of = B52 (somethin to make all that other crap work best together and keep your root zone pumpin)
wheres the sugar bro?....your gana want glucose so use somethin..molasses or carbo-L or anything...in a micro amount like the boosters are used..
is it sensi bloom A or B?..I'd use the B only as it has that perfect range..1-5-6..
overdrive is 1-5-4...now if you were using MaxiCrop you could use Over cause of the lower K value and your use of Maxi being a K dom prod..just mull it over n lets keep goin..
Ok point is SensiBloom or Overdrive is your base nute for this..
use this most as in a good 90% of the mix..
5% = a splash of Overdrive..
a punch of 3% BBud...
2% B52
pH it at what works best for ya if needed..(I used to be a sous chef...can ya tell?...cause its really like a recipe..)
wait for next feeding or wk to use HHead and no more BBud on next feeding....only use BBud 1x..
Lower amount of B52 if used at all as it all progresses to the last wk..lower the level of PPM over all thru the next 2wks in general is the idea..
So if you feed around 500ppm now then make up a batch around 3-400ppm of the mix method mentioned above..with the BBud for booster..
then the following feeding 250-300ppm(SB-B, HH, b52 + carbs)...
next 200ppm(SB-B, HH,+carbs no b52)...stop feeding, remove most of or any remaining large dark or dying fan leaves n flush her out well...
The head on that thing will blow up so get ready..heh...whew...does that all makes sense?.....keep rollin
FOE20

Ya know, I have jacks hydroponic as well and without the cal-nit it's 5-12-26... Shouldn't that work at around 400 ppm, it's got a lot of P&K...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
naa...to much N in that jacks formula actually...if anything go ODrive & BBud or HHead...at a level a bit lower than what you been feeding..keep it simple..
FOE20

Also, one of the ducks you can see the amber crystals on the plant without a scope, with my bare eyes... It has it seems a lot of resin....It looks like it's ready to flush...the pics dont show the buds...

I'm also very interested in re-vegging them and then taking clones and running them at a much lower nute level to see how they perform... I wouldn't want to drain all the N out then would I?

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea I'd start flushin that 1...use over drive or sensi B (1-5-6 this is what I would def use) only and a lil taste of HHead the first flush tho + lil carbs..This will act with the residual N so hope you get the right balance..cause if not you may get foxtails and a lil blown out look..Its almost better to go a lil heavy on the last P-K boost than to light ya know..think about that part a bit and you'll get it...
This is why I run multi headed plants...cause when it comes to the flush time you can flush 3-6x as fast of the pants is bigger..smaller plant, single cola form...takes a lil more work and touch to get right..you should get what I mean by that...

reveg huh...well you have 3 options..
1 - reveg after harv..
2 - take a lower budsite now and Clone it...yes its possible and yes Ive done it many times..you only need a small shoot just like the avr cut..but hwne yo feed it the first time make sure the formula is relative to a 4-0-4...all N and K and no P....P will already be instilled in the flowering cut...so no prob there...a low ppm N-K mix will do it easy...
3 - air layering...cloning a shoot section while it in action..you know of this?...what do you feel you can do?....we'll dig into it then...keep rollin
FOE20

Yeah, I think I'll choose option 1... Isn't the general idea to harvest most of the plant except for about 30% and leave the buds on... Then feed her either straight N or weak veg formula and put her under 24 hour light?

She's short enough to go back into the veg closet...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup...sometimes its also good to trim up the root mass a bit first...trans...then reveg...and leave as many lower water/fan leaves on as you can..
FOE20

Latest posts

Latest posts