What's new

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Make your own gas.
The germans did.
I'm certainly entitled to my opinion and guess what i don't pay for $70 eighths...:smoke:
Steal from others if you like, that's not my mo and any attempt at you intimating such from my post is both misguided and inappropriate.
But hey thanks for the false dichotomy!

BTW Jefferson was willing to impede on property rights.

So if $4.00 gas is bullshit but you have no problem with gas stations selling it at that price, why is there a problem if a dispensary sells cannabis at a price you feel is bullshit?

If you are not going to steal from the gas station, dispensary, or your neighbors; what does it matter if you feel the prices charged are fair or not? If we are just bitching about the retail price of various products and reminiscing on the good 'ol days there are a few more products I'd bet we could agree are sold at bullshit prices.

I don't buy cannabis either but to insinuate that cannabis buyers and sellers are bullshit because of the price point of their trades is misguided.

I don't hate on you for buying $4.00 gas or not buying cannabis, in fact my judgement on your economic activity is irrelevant, even if not misguided. By the same rational your feelings on price points is also irrelevant.

In what way do you feel Mr. Jefferson or President Jefferson impinged on property rights? (progress is impeded or promoted, rights are secured or impinged upon).

:joint:

Last edited:
this show is a DISGRACE to growers. it makes us all look like a bunch of assholes. the fucking intro is like, "what we do is DANGEROUS and risky" yea, thats comforting to the masses....

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
allowing better control and reducing corruption. Mind you I'm talking STATE level, not FEDERAL.

Can you point me to any example where a state or federal government has reduced corruption?

Even if ethical and moral what makes you think state control of individuals' gardens is a good idea? Should the state control of gardens extend to every blade of grass and every plant grown inside and outside of everyone's houses (Home Owners Association from hell style)?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
this show is a DISGRACE to growers. it makes us all look like a bunch of assholes. the fucking intro is like, "what we do is DANGEROUS and risky" yea, thats comforting to the masses....

Whats wrong with the show opening with the truth?

Is what we do not dangerous and risky?

abellguy

Thank you for posting the link!

My Dad always said if you don't have a solution don't talk to much about the problem, well that holds true here. I don't know how it could be shown in a better light but I feel the people that wanna find fault in the movement will have more than enough fuel with that one.

I liked the show much more than Cakeboss though :D

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the fucking intro is like, "what we do is DANGEROUS and risky" yea, thats comforting to the masses....

multiple instances of home invasion and armed robbery have occured to those involved in growing, brokering, and even people who work the counter at clubs...my friends club had 2 thugs walk in with an Uzi and hold the place up for a measly LB of bud, thats only one of many many instances of robbery that occurs out here, read some of the stories coming out of northern california. gun battles on freeways, guys getting dumped into the woods, home invasion shootings where multiple people were murdered RIP..many people have been shot and killed over marijuana. many growers i know personally here in oaksterdamn have had their grows burglarized..

and then you have the judicial risks from police, your criminal history and future prospects for getting a job, loan, etc...

i think its an appropriate thing to say, it helps the masses see that all this violence is the result of prohibition and if it was legalized maybe it would stop..

Mia

So if $4.00 gas is bullshit but you have no problem with gas stations selling it at that price, why is there a problem if a dispensary sells cannabis at a price you feel is bullshit?

If you are not going to steal from the gas station, dispensary, or your neighbors; what does it matter if you feel the prices charged are fair or not? If we are just bitching about the retail price of various products and reminiscing on the good 'ol days there are a few more products I'd bet we could agree are sold at bullshit prices.

I don't buy cannabis either but to insinuate that cannabis buyers and sellers are bullshit because of the price point of their trades is misguided.

I don't hate on you for buying $4.00 gas or not buying cannabis, in fact my judgement on your economic activity is irrelevant, even if not misguided. By the same rational your feelings on price points is also irrelevant.

In what way do you feel Mr. Jefferson or President Jefferson impinged on property rights? (progress is impeded or promoted, rights are secured or impinged upon).

Look bro, you need to quit putting words in my mouth.
I didn't say any of the shit you are claiming.(i.e. buyers, sellers are bullshit etc. etc.)
I'm entitled to my opinion just like anyone else and that's that.
Obviously, rational thinking is not your strong suit, because you are saying a lot of dumb shit, and I don't care to argue with you.
You don't make a lick of sense and I'm not here to knock it into you. I have better things to do with my time than argue on the internet. Apparently you don't.
So why don't you just go your way and I'll go mine.
Ok?

WRT Jefferson again you make no sense. I don't feel Jefferson did anything, he said things-that is a fact. You need to read more history instead of finding a paragraph you think is cute and putting it in your sig. Here's a hint: start with his letters to John Adams on different types of aristocracy.

For someone who "loves their life" so much you sure don't act like it.

Adios.............

Nader

Veteran
It's just entertainment, nothing more. Discovery stopped discovering anything over 10 years ago.

The wedding dress dude was awesome.

It's just entertainment, nothing more. Discovery stopped discovering anything over 10 years ago.

The wedding dress dude was awesome.

Really? Dude it's a reality show and people will see this as normal/typical MO. Absolutely not just entertainment. Maybe to people in Cali or CO who live this kind of life but to most this is how we will picture the Cali med scene because it is such a drastic contrast to our realities. I hope they find away to make this all seem entertaining/attractive/acceptable to the non smokers watching who are helping to perpetuate prohibition and preventing medical access in non-med states.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
tumblr_lvp61sApzo1qc4cp9o2_250.gif

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
the IRS is involved tonight according to the trailer i saw....

it's all stress, all the time, no wonder everyone there smokes :D

btw, what's the rules about smoking while working at Harborside or any dispensary? did they talk about that? i don't remember seeing that...

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Make your own gas.
The germans did.
I'm certainly entitled to my opinion and guess what i don't pay for $70 eighths...:smoke:
Steal from others if you like, that's not my mo and any attempt at you intimating such from my post is both misguided and inappropriate.
But hey thanks for the false dichotomy!

BTW Jefferson was willing to impede on property rights.

Where is the stealing? Last I heard there's a diff between charging people x price and five finger discount.

G

guest8905

btw, what's the rules about smoking while working at Harborside or any dispensary? did they talk about that? i don't remember seeing that...

When i helped a friend open a club in the east bay, i was allowed to puff whenever i wanted pretty much. :dance013:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
my kinda job... :D

oh wait, i smoke at work anyways...