What's new

WEED PRICES CRASH!!!!!!!!!!

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Wasn't this same thing happening in the 80's ?
People would snitch out the competition when too many people started to compete?
Reagan started the war on drugs ?
Dare to say no.

Pot was abundant you could buy trash bags full for like 10k.
It was overflowing into the younger crowds, 11 - 14 years old where smoking pot ?

Is this just history repeating under a different circumstance?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
those are crazy prices, even here in the bay area during flood season i am still seeing top quality stuff go for 280-300 an ounce.

theres a huge flood of outdoor which is selling for 150-200 an ounce breakdown, and the average P price for those is like 25-28 for the good ones, the bad outdoors arent even worth looking at even at BS prices like 1600 a P.

two ounces of indoor for 100 bucks?!@?! at that price you are growing at a LOSS. might as well turn your lights off because you are PAYING to grow other peoples meds...

H

HappyDog

If Skip and Lazy are correct (and I'm certain they are) the quasi-legal market is maybe not so bad for the indoor guys even at 2200 lb.
I would hope it will force out the profiteers and bring the quality producers more into the market. We're still gettin 4000 for bc and organics are being bagged out to the bottom. Never enough organics.

Skip

Veteran
Besides all the outdoor shit, let's not forget the infamous Mexican Cartels who are bringing it in across the border by the ton these days! I'm amazed that they can sell any in this market!

It would be great if dank prices got to the point that the cartels give up and go home with their schwag!

In fact, long-term that is the best way to get the quality up and to keep all the American growers in business.

You know that's a common tactic in biz. Go the Walmart route. Cut your prices way back (temporarily), drive the competitors who can't compete either with price or quality out of business, then you can do much better, raise prices (somewhat), and not have the mexicans competing on your turf.

Of course legalizing it will do the same!

opt1c

Veteran
if you have top shelf you still get top shelf prices
if you're here on icmag you shouldn't be growing anything but

the outdoor market gets flooded every year; this year is a bit worse do to the economy
just buy those really cheap primo outdoor lbs and sit on em for 6months of cure; you'll near double your money because it'll always be dry from late july to early october

H

HappyDog

The price on quality will have to be down pretty low to drive the schwag out of market. There is always someone who'll smoke that crap.

Why don't the Mexicans make hash out of that crap? Seems like it would be easier to move.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
It makes sence that we would be experiencing economic changes in the weed industry. There are huge legal changes happening right now in reguards to cannabis..... not to mention the rest of world economys effects on spending. We shouldn't be surprised, realy.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I'm being told clubs are QUOTING guys primo outdoor crops for 14-1600 a pound, organic indoor for 24-2800 a pound.

The only thing they are actually BUYING is OG Kush, or Purple weed, but nobody is getting much over $3K a pound for anything.

Fuck the clubs. they are still charging 50 an 8th for OUTDOOR. profit mongering fucks.

on the streeet im seeing prices drop by around 200-400 for indoor depending on what it is. bubba kush in the drought goes for as high as 38-4000 but now it can be had for 35-36.

outdoors are whats dirt cheap right now. what was going for 2800 last year is like 2400 this year. dont even ask me about the super cheap outdoor crops because i dont even touch that crap. i know waaay too many guys this year who hoarded outdoor thinking they had a good deal only to get stuck with it because some otehr outdoor growers brought cheaper stuff down the next week.

high quality indoors are still fetching well above three, regular indoors that would fetch 36 in the drought are still low threes. if you get lucky and catch your dealer in desperation you might be able to find something for real cheap.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^^^^ Yup, that sounds right. Lotsa kush & purple around. But little to no give on prices at the 1/4 oz level yet (my usual purchase). Still paying $100 for that at my local dispensary.

yup they are basically banging the prices down on the wholesale but still taxing like fuck.

this is why i only go to the clubs when im desperate. luckily im stocked right now and dont gotta go anywhere near them.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
but seriously a LB for 800 hahaha, you need to post pics of the stuff to prove that. i highly doubt its anything special or something i wuold smoke on.

but seriously a LB for 800 hahaha, you need to post pics of the stuff to prove that. i highly doubt its anything special or something i wuold smoke on.

Yes4Prop is right on this one. This is what you can get for $800 a pound.....

de-tweede-kamer-thai-003.JPG

And this is what it grinds down too......

35976774-weed-seeds.jpg

Not worth it!!

Skip

Veteran
luckily im stocked right now and dont gotta go anywhere near them.
Me too!

Yah hear that dispensaries? We're gonna hold out on ya till you start lowering your prices. More ppl gonna grow at home if you keep these high prices going!

It's a RECESSION people! Prices go DOWN! Pass those savings on to your customers, or we'll go elsewhere or grow our own! Got it?

Want lower prices for retail marijuana? Then LEGALIZE IT!

johnnyla

Veteran
SHouldn't this thread be titled "Wholesale Weed Prices Crash"?

I haven't seen a decrease in retail comparable to the wholesale price crash. Just sayin'.

W

W.P.

I dunno, a friend of mine can hardly keep O's in the house at 300. High quality hydro, Top strains, WW/Crystal Haze/Cheeze etc..

QP's will disappear within a few hours at 800/900.

It just depends on where you live.

+ I'll second that:nanana:

Seems like you can't keep the stuff long enough....

Throwgar

High quality indoor is a myth where I live. I haven't had the opportunity to buy anything better than the above for over a year. NE USA. If I had a pound of OG, I could move it for $5000+.

If you can can really get prices like that, load up a Cheech bus and head for New England. You'd be set.

CityKnightz

Eighths are going for $60 in my area and people are happy to pay if its top shelf. A pound at $300 an ounce would be gone in a weekend.... Only four hours away from those same Appalacian mountains...

pedrodepaco

This fall my area was flooded with shitty outdoor for about a 100 an oz. I live in michigan and most of the outdoor gets started from mexi bag seed it never finishes here. It usually isnt trimmed and crackles with maricle grow. I lost a few sales on my indoor green untill people tried the outdoor and decided to drop an extra 200 and get a bag of mine. It is gone again till next fall mbut im sure all the would be growers will be at it again next year with the type of shit that gives homegrown a bad name.

kkkeee

Guess we've got the highest prices in the world where I live (Eastern-Europe). The worst part is that one couldn't sell under the set price of 30$ per gram even if he wanted to, the Russian Mafia would take them on a not-so-pleasant trip in no time.

That is 100$ for an eight, whatever the merchandise. Mostly 70% of the promised weight, damp, with seeds and not flushed.

Latest posts

Latest posts