What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in Spain, a lot of question. Help me please, i want to know!

kaochiu

Veteran
Shit man, that is a complete piss take, surely they would'nt do anything to you, at least that was my thought but it seems not and I have it completely wrong.

Is that a "best guess" on that fine or a true reflection?. it also seems like no matter which course of action you take it will lead to that fine, the fate has been set so to speak. so IF that is/was the case then it is best to take the quickest path to get it over and done with and move on. only my thoughts, as a state lawer is most definitly not the way to go.

So say I bought a farm, had it all check out by the land surveyor and solicitors, and it was 100% no " right of ways " ever existed on my new farm, nor was there any river or water way even close to my farm, can they just walk on my farm ??
Also add to the fact I had guard dogs ( like I do here ) so there would be no way anybody could come anywhere near my greenhouses. would that solve a the problem that you have had ??.
Thanks, i don't think it'll go too far. I'm talking to a lawyer friend and i will try not only for avoiding the fine, but for total clearing, and hopefully that sentence will be the closest thing an individual can have for relaxed growing.
This "right of ways" is just part of the bad luck, the property i live in is big and was empty for a long period, they knew someone (me) was staying there and they wanted to check it up with a silly excuse. Just bad luck, but maybe something good comes out of it.
Let's be practical. If you choose a right place, you are discreet and people around likes you, you don't need to live in a bunker for growing a few plants.
If your property is a constant in and out, if you buy strange materials in the local shop and leave colourful bags of compost in the rubbish bin, if local baddies smile at you, those kind of things are bigger threats than someone crossing your land, with or without right. Dogs could be an added problem. If a thief goes to rob in your property and the dogs hurt him, you'll be in deeper shit than the thief. And if marijuana is involved... Try geese, they make a lot of noise if a stranger approaches.
Guns? You need a hunting license, belong to a hunter's association, and use them for hunting. Small guns are for jewellers, security staff and the uninformed. In the case that you own a license, still the only legal way to protect yourself is calling the cops. You can only use "reasonable" force to protect yourself, which is unreasonable.
All in all, is not the worst place to live and grow choosing the right spot. The area you have in mind, take my advice: the most important thing in the escritura is the right of water. Water. The rest is secondary. Be sure of that and get involved with the water rules, it is more precious than blood and tears for living there.
As for police of any kind, they are everywhere. Shepperds too. Hunters. Roamers. And spanish own "buskimanos", watch out for those.
Once on the ground, things are always much easier to understand.

The English Cut

^all very good advice. Be nice to your neighbours, but not too nice or you'll never get rid of them. Don't cause any trouble in any way - pretty much every bust i've read about here has been result of some stupid action by the grower, like domestic trouble, loud music, stealing electricity, giving weed to kids. Just be sensible and don't attract attention, without looking like you're not attracting attention lol!

I think I read somewhere that if they need to go through your house/building to get to the garden/greenhouse, then they'd need a warrant. Worth looking into.

What kaochiu said about water is true too, even here in the north where it rains like Wales there are disputes between neighbours about water rights. Of course, 100 cows drink a lot of water! It really is one of the most important things to consider when buying land.

Guns aren't very common here. Hunters mostly. You'd need to get a psychiatric evaluation to get a license (hey, I'm not suggesting that might be a problem!) and I'm unsure if the Police would have to come and inspect your gun locker at home. I wouldn't bother personally. Knives are quieter anyway. Guns for show, knives for a pro lol.

The general impression I get from talking to people is that there's no real will to bust small growers unless they do something stupid or flaunt it. I once had a random visit from the Guardia Civil whilst i was in the middle of trimming, they didn't come inside the house but I stank of weed and my hands were covered in resin. Not to mention my heart pounding! Anyway, I saw one of them give a kind of 'sniff sniff' and smile subtly. They were very nice, I said I couldn't help in their enquiries (completely unrelated to weed) and they went on their way. It took me a while to recover from the shock though...

kaochiu - what on earth is a buskimanos? something that searches for hands? confused.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Thank you C C for your reply.

They way I am reading that is my farm would not come under this legal side of the law. I would be or would like to buy down the south I was looking just above valencia down to almeria and going inland, do the Guardia Civil exist in this area ? and if so with no right of ways and no waterways or rivers near my land at all can they still come on my farm ??.

Also my land would not have a fence as in a wooden panel style, as you can imagine it would be a farm with a wire fence! so if I was to say ring you up and say hi buddy come over and have something to eat and a smoke on my patio, now would that come under the legal part of the law. also I would want a large greenhouse on my land this would be somewhat concealed by shrubbery etc, so you would not be able to see the greenhouse at all unless you walked right up to it, and that would be impossible, unless you have some magic wand to make Rotties not attack,!!

Also what is the gun laws like there, here I have guns a royal pain in getting the permits now, but very much worth it. what is it like in spain to have a shotgun on my farm.

T.O.O
Np TOO,
Cataluña runs from the Ebro up to the Pyrenees and there the Guardian have little presence or remit, so as a grower, you are a bit safer. You also need to pay attention to the people you have as neighbours, how much interaction and what part of local society you are and playing. Guardia civil will do with they want in many cases, they are paramilitary police and made up of a bunch of thugs from all over. They are however, more corrupt,, but I wouldn't be basing a grow op there on the basis that you might be able to bribe your way through problems.... People are more relaxed in Cataluña for a reason.

They are not allowed on a fenced farm, and more importantly, hunters are not, otherwise those funders will tramp all over your land every autumn. rottweilers also need the fence (chain link, best 2m high) so they do not eat innocent neighbours, but know that anyone else who enters is there to be eaten. The police are very supportive of this, they hate thieves and will regularly encourage you to take the law into your own hands.

You never see wooden fences, too expensive, rottweilers eat holes in seconds, fractionally quicker than the woodworm here.

Guns, yes, pretty easy to get legally, you can transfer your certificate and they are cool with 7,62 for boar. Ironically air guns and bows and arrows are equally regulated, so unless you want a compound bow and razor tips for poaching at night, stick to guns.

Greenhouse is not needed, more problems than help, it also brings attention, thieves are a far bigger problem than police...

kaochiu

Veteran
kaochiu - what on earth is a buskimanos? something that searches for hands? confused.[/QUOTE]

Technically is a deviation of the word bosquimano, "man of the forest", as hotentotes or pygmees are known. Mix that with the word "buscar" (search) and you get "busquimano" or "buskimano", local slang for minors combing the beaches of Cadiz searching for lost bales of hashish from the smugglers. An extended version of those are the gangs of teens with their quads and their binoculars tracing guerrilla (and non-guerrilla too) marijuana plants. This is when a pool with piranha in the backyard comes handy, as well as picturesque.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Spot on about the roaming rippers... ++

Mushroom hunters... Make sure you are not hiding a grow in a Mushroom area, it will get found, you would not believe the remote nooks you find others have combed by 9am, nothing and nowhere is sacred. I caught my scummy neighbours son "looking for mushrooms" 40m from my grow in a spot they almost never grow.

Hunters. Friends 8km up a harsh track with 1 neighbour 4km away had the local water guy telling them how he had shot a 100kg boar a year before from their doorstep. Hunters often steal any plants they find (and they go everywhere unfenced) and bring them to the bar after the hunt on Sunday lunchtime, handing out branches to smokers they know, some of who are the plants owners. Shifty you might think, but I have seen brothers doing this to each other.

Welcome to Spain, it is not perfect, but perfection does not exist.

AlessOnFire

I have no idea about the laws on the Canary Islands, as you are growing outdoors, is it legal or tolerant there ?.

No way man! Laws in the Islands are the same regarding drugs. But as the other buddies say, if you don't show off or make stupid moves, it's quite likely to have no problems.

In my case the plants stay in a side yard of the house, which gets plenty of sun all day long, next to them there is a 3m concrete wall to separate my yard from neighbors, so nosey sights are avoided for good,hehe:tiphat:

Just stay low profile and avoid bigots as well as the "buskimanos", these are two major pests down here lol

ahortator

Veteran
kaochiu - what on earth is a buskimanos? something that searches for hands? confused.

Technically is a deviation of the word bosquimano, "man of the forest", as hotentotes or pygmees are known. Mix that with the word "buscar" (search) and you get "busquimano" or "buskimano", local slang for minors combing the beaches of Cadiz searching for lost bales of hashish from the smugglers. An extended version of those are the gangs of teens with their quads and their binoculars tracing guerrilla (and non-guerrilla too) marijuana plants. This is when a pool with piranha in the backyard comes handy, as well as picturesque.[/QUOTE]

Hi

Busquimanos too, made noise when traffickers are transporting the hash bales from boat to the beach to make them think, they are the Guardia Civil and steal the hash. So later many of the kids became kidnapped or tortured by the traffickers. Busquimanos are typical from Barbate.

Until recent times Cannabis was decriminalized but not legal. It is very different. It means you don't go to jail but you can get a fine from 300€ onwards.

Growing cannabis was in a strange thin legal line. Suposedly it was not enterely illegal, but if you got caught with plant at home the cops "steal" all your crop, you spend one o two night behind bars, and you must go to a trial later, that ussually end with a fine but not jail. It deppends the number and weight of your plants. Not long ago they weigh the plants with pots and soil and they said it was all drug. So I laught abot that matter of decriminalized or almost legal. Compared with Malaysia we have a much better situation :biggrin:

The new "Ley Mordaza" (Gag Law) besides to forbide to protest againt the government unafair, fascist and psycho decissions, rise the fines for possesing drugs to 601-30000 €, even if they are for yourself. And they ban to grow where your plants can be detected by people. So godbye to outdoor growing and be careful with your indoors.

To allow to consume drugs in a stablishment or property is now forbidden too, so bye bye to clubs.

https://translate.google.es/transla...idad-ciudadana-20150326191101.html&edit-text=

About prices and quality. In my part of Spain (Southernmost mainland) we have not clubs here. Mostly you can find is Maroccan soap bar. I have smoked it several times with no psychoactivity (suposedly we get high quality because the proximity, dealers claim that their stuff is "polen" but you end smoking henna) so I avoid it. Rarely if you have contacts you can get some fancy new strains such as Critical, Skunk hybrids or Autoflowering strains grown here from the new pletora of Spanish STS seed banks at prices that start from 5€/gr.

Most people are used to extremely low quality but they truly believe they smoke highest quality "el primo" blonde pollen double zero stash. So if they smoke a good sativa (mixed with a huge amount of tobacco and acetate cigarette filter which retains most THC) they don't like it and they think it is laced :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/I8rOK-vqNcg?t=51m4s

kro-magnon

Veteran
I don't understand how seedbank number explode in Spain if it's so difficult to grow cannabis. To produce all the seeds they sell they must have quite big outdoor crop? Do you know how the seeds are done in Spain?

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

If you have ever made seeds at home you must know that from one big plant you can get thousands.

I guess seedbanks in Spain have the same infrastructure as indoor SOG growers but they produce (feminized) seeds intead of bud. Which is legal to sell and given the high prices even more profitable. They give clones and the recipe to make feminized seed to some growers they know and later they buy the seeds to them (I have hear they pay about 0.10 or 0.20€ per seed). Most seedbanks here only pack the seeds, so you can find the same strain (Critical mostly) under different names and prices.

Actually I don't understand the new fever for expensive feminized and autoflowering seeds. But the market rules.

Best regards.

AlessOnFire

Hi

If you have ever made seeds at home you must know that from one big plant you can get thousands.

I guess seedbanks in Spain have the same infrastructure as indoor SOG growers but they produce (feminized) seeds intead of bud. Which is legal to sell and given the high prices even more profitable. They give clones and the recipe to make feminized seed to some growers they know and later they buy the seeds to them (I have hear they pay about 0.10 or 0.20€ per seed). Most seedbanks here only pack the seeds, so you can find the same strain (Critical mostly) under different names and prices.

Actually I don't understand the new fever for expensive feminized and autoflowering seeds. But the market rules.

Best regards.

I try to discuss these things with people around me and they just don't care or believe what they see in all Spanish cannabis magazines.

It is a real shame that we don't get advantage of our privileged wheather and geographical location. I see almost the same effort made in manufacturing crap seeds instead of the real thing.

I wonder who was/were the influencers of this bad taste about cannabis growing. I see people around the globe here who would kill for his ACE or his CBG keeper (we MUST be proud of these guys) Instead, the average growers I know in my town and surroundings don't step off from (insert your most hated Spanish or Dutch pollen chucker here)

But as they say, the customer's got always the reason (?) and money talks:dance013:

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

People here are used to extremely low quality Maroccan soap bar. They prefer that stuff to good buds grown by themselves. Actually most of them don't like to get high. It is something too scary for them. They use a tiny piece of soap bar only to give flavour (arabic rubber, henna, egg yolk, donkey shit, condensed milk,...) to a bunch of tobacco. They smoke that stuff because they want the flavour not the high. But they are all "muy machos" and never admit that. That is the reason, alongside they sometimes sell their crops, because the boom of STS seedbanks, and fast autoflowering strains. However some of them lack in psychoativity. It never mind to them because they want a fast cash crop instead a strong psychedelic trippy high not very enjoyable for them.

As most of those people (called "canis" and plentiful here) are highly ignorants and almost illiterate, they have never attempted to make their own seeds, or they have never seen a male (I have heard even about beatings to someone they think he had a male at home). So they are a sure target market for the new STS seedbanks and their too expensive seeds and hype. After all, most sativa connosieurs and landrace lovers usually make their own seeds and don't buy such huge amount every time they want to grow, as these people.

It is a real shame that we don't get advantage of our privileged wheather and geographical location. I see almost the same effort made in manufacturing crap seeds instead of the real thing.

It is a shame that most of these strains are now lost https://www.sinsemillast.com/blog/semillas-de-marihuana/tipos-de-marihuana-sativas-de-la-palma/ because people prefer Skunk/Critical hybrids and new hype strains.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Spain is a fun and interesting place, and still more advanced than many Latin American countries. There is good and bad everywhere, but look how many expats are in Spain. It is too far away from my business or I would consider living there. I speak South American Spanish, but would do well there speaking. I use to have a girl friend from the SW Coast of Spain. You want to see problems look into Latin America or even Cuba. Far worse conditions indeed.

huligun

Veteran
I seem to remember some royalty in Spain being convicted and sentenced to prison for some kind of fraud

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Harry, I agree with you. But as we in "it'S_pain", many Americans are not very happy with their government.

I truly think that news about it'Spain in other countries press are in the comic stripes.

Unemployment:

Spain
23,4%
(Jan. 2015)

USA
5,7%
(Jan. 2015)

Greetings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7vXraNass

TORO+OSBORNE.jpg

Last edited:

huligun

Veteran
I believe I said a lot of nice things about Spain, Harry. Correct me if I am wrong.

I live in the USA, yes. I cannot vote or run for president though... well, Obama ran for president and he wasn't born here. I fled Colombia 20 years ago. I was granted asylum after cartel members started killing my family

I said I may even move to Spain one day and join the many ex-pats there.

huligun

Veteran
Little Fuckers is in respect of Iran in the Nuclear Arms Race. Little Fuckers in respect that if you haven't got intercontinental ballistic missiles now, you will never have them. Little fuckers in that they don't have allies that are prime in the existing nuclear arms race.

I don't need to worry what flag is on my backpack as I don't stay in hostels or camp on the open beach, I stay in nice hotels and speak Spanish fluently... Like someone born in a Spanish speaking country would. I look Latin American , or the most part, although I do wear a Rolex and designer sunglasses.

I am not here to fight, but maybe you are. I fled a country to avoid fighting and live to die another day. Asi es la cosa, la cosa es asi I could have this same talk about Portugal or France

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Don't take things personal, nor sweat trying to explain Spain. There are about 50M people living here, and that's busier than a bar with free beer. Plus we are one of the most visited countries in the goddamned planet, adding a foreign touch to everything. So, whoever comes with a preconcived idea is on for multiple surprises.
In my part of Spain maybe there are two or three official CSC's, for about one million inhabitants. But it doesn't mean anything, i belong to a group of growers/users and we meet for the hell of it, swap clones and seeds and try all sorts of cannabis, (lately the BHO seems the new craze, i don't like it as for me is a step short of injecting the stuff). We also have a good roast and fine booze when we meet. But we sell nothing, we fight no one, therefore we don't need to make it official. My non-smoking friends call it "the sect".
Talking about surprises, who says we ain't got da BOMB? Let me remind you that you lost one in Palomares, back in 1966, and a fisherman known as Paco el de la Bomba recovered it.

So, watch out, don't mess with us. Give us plenty money. Now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
Some good info in this post until it got highjacked a bit... Southern Spain will become my reality very soon so it's always good to hear some info.

ElRubio

Veteran
Talking about surprises, who says we ain't got da BOMB? Let me remind you that you lost one in Palomares, back in 1966, and a fisherman known as Paco el de la Bomba recovered it.

So, watch out, don't mess with us. Give us plenty money. Now!

hahahahahaa

me meo toa

this thread is becoming hilarious

tima for a J