What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We got nanners week 9

dankaroma

Long story short. First grow, 4 plants and all different strains. Week 9, supposed animal cookie, but was from an unknown source apparently...

she looked great up till about week six when I noticed she was severely falling behind in trichome production. Fast forward to week 8-9 when I noticed even though pistols had started pulling back and dying off, the flowers look a little less mature (still showing signs of new pistols and trichomes not changing much and not many amber. The flowers were large and dense, just thought maybe it just need to go a little longer.

Then today, I noticed nanners and quite a few of them. I haven't found any mature seeds yet, but have picked at a few calyx and my assumption is there maybe little immature seeds in there, as they feel a bit grainy.

My question I guess is.. not having had any experience with hermied plants, should i bother trimming this plant that look otherwise nice and healthy but low visible trichomes or maybe make hash or edibles? Or maybe I just toss it out :( .. Im guessing there is 3-4 ounces of decent large dense nugs..

You thoughts appreciated

Attachments

• Nanners.jpg
    Nanners.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 328
B

blue_tick

no need to toss it. other options are good so what ever you prefer to indulge

PEACE

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
use the banners to hit some lower nugs on the othr plants, then ya can have female seeds , boom, its that easy , i actualy like a hermie flower or 2 here and there, not full on sherms but i welcome a male cluster , causei know i can make some femmed seeds woot :tiphat:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
use the banners to hit some lower nugs on the othr plants, then ya can have female seeds , boom, its that easy , i actualy like a hermie flower or 2 here and there, not full on sherms but i welcome a male cluster , causei know i can make some femmed seeds woot :tiphat:

"male flower"

dankaroma

4 plants same room 1 bananatree?

youre waiting for monkeys with wrenches to come in???

The other 3 plants finished up with no issues. This one was left to go a week longer and at that time i noticed the nanners.

Chopped this morning and removed all the leafs i could by hand and then hung the whole plant in tent to dry.

dankaroma

Couple pictures before i chopped this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 37

mr.brunch

Veteran
They won't hurt, lots of strains throw the nanas if pushed too long in flower time- some folks do this to make fem seeds (rhodelisation ? I think?)
You need around 5 weeks to set seeds, so that pollen won't have had a chance to affect your buds yet.
Toke away. And if there is a seed or two, still don't worry. So the chem story goes, that comes from seeds found in the "best pot he ever smoked " - yet, clearly there were seeds.
Obviously didn't affect the smoke tho.

TnTLabs

can happen.. these were clones or seeds you planted?
you might have a light leak or something..
peace

dankaroma

It was a clone from unknown source, although I have heard someone else that got some from same source may have also had problems.

TnTLabs

so maybe its a 7 weeker and then its normal to throw nanners as she now wants to survive..

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

so maybe its a 7 weeker and then its normal to throw nanners as she now wants to survive..

this is a lot more common than folks realize.
the more diverse your garden the more you start to see it.
The black tuna I've got going throws the odd staminate form in late flower, usually easy to spot. Most guys cash cropping this strain take it at end of week 8 , right before those show up at about week 9. I just pinch them off.
I took the black tuna just past 10 weeks and so far , going thru 4 oz of the stuff , I've found 12 small immature seed.
For those who want to make "feminized" seed, collecting this pollen would be the natural way to go about it.
if the plant is popping staminate forms all over the place in larger numbers than just the odd one here or there, I'd chop it, hang it and kill all it's clones LOL

morningdewd

can happen.. these were clones or seeds you planted?
you might have a light leak or something..
peace

absolutely.... check for light leaks by standing in the the dark room for at least 5/10 minutes and you will be amazed at the adjustment of your eyes ,I learned the hard way, ,indoors it must be PITCH BLACK.MD

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
light leaks are highly overrated it's just hermies in the genes. x% of seeds from this plant will always hermie no matter what.

also... doesn't have to be pitch black to flower. it's never pitch black outside. i go in my garden all hours of the day and night, timers have been fucked up and come on during the night, small pots, damaged roots, bugs, too much food, too little food, whatever you can think of, too hot, too cold, too dry...whatever. i've just about done it all. if the plant's not gonna herm none of this will make it herm. if the plant is gonna herm you can treat it golden and it's still gonna herm no matter what. :tiphat:

morningdewd

with all due respect dead wrong, marijuana by nature has a trait of hermie tendencies when subjected to lack of pollen as a means of self preservation .stress also triggers this trait.most elite clone only cuts are from selfed seed .granted the trait may be more dominant in some geno types but its in there.comparing outside to inside is comparing apples to oranges.MD

Slipnot

Now why would you do something stupid like that ??? hermies, nanners are not a good trait to pass on to siblings ..
Matter fact its apparent that the gene is dominant so your just giving the cross nanners Its a Given

Like mentioned above cut your loses cut plants down sterilize room and all equipment and start all over :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts