What's new

we do have big cats here in australia!!

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
channel 9 last night " a current affair" showed the story and its having a follow up tomorrow friday the 10th ....

we do have big cats here in australia!!.....leopards or pumas they were saying but probly leopards .....i say fukn excellent!!!!....always wished as a kid we had monkeys and lions ect.....and now we do atleased have some big cats.

ive read in the past im sure ...that they were discarded here after the vietnam war by guys from the states using them as mascots ....the story may be wrong but thats one way they got here..and there are many other ways they got here im sure .

they only live 20 -25 years so they'ed have to be breeding for that to be half true ....well i think in the report yesterday a woman said she saw a young one ....so they are breeding!!

so yea i can see the dangers in the whole thing ...but i find it all so exiting that its true ...we got BIG cats here and it aint no mith no more...

but what now?.....assholes are going to go out there and hunt them?....no answers here but i think thats bullshit if they do....

just thought i'd bring this topic up for ppl that missed it who are interested in it and for those who just want to chat about it .HH. =]-~

Quentin

I have seen a few ferals in the bush that are large that it all. Theres probably a lot more then people think as a matter of fact. A nice Leaf Salad with special sauce and some weed tea.Maybe a Brownie or chocolate muffin after lunch.

D

Dalaihempy

I dont think a feral cat is going to carry a goat or a sheep up into a tree.

There has been large cats here since the end of ww2 a guy in vic shot one dead last year infact.

Schlossi

What Big Cats and Where? WW2? whats the got to do with it? A long time ago too.
Wild Pigs Razorbacks do exist out west big Large Cats yet to see.

A mate of mine lives up in Port Stephens and I fish with him a lot out wide. Now the Myall River right up to The Lakes has a lot of Dingo's and a few years ago they found one shredded, so the locals along the river (7 finger types) set some traps.

I was with my mate just coming in from a days fishing when this bloke he knew got him on the radio and said to "come see what we caught" at Windawoppa (sp?) right near the river entrance north side of Port Stephens.

It was the biggest ugliest feral cat you'd ever imagine possible. I'm not bullsh.tting when I say this thing was the size of and as muscly as a Bull Terrier on roids. I don't know if it was the thing that shredded the dingo but if it wasn't I'd hate to see it's big brother.

A mortal man would've had ZERO chance against it if it had the sh.ts with you. Fangs, claws - MUSCLES! MY GOD THE MUSCLES!

There's photo's of it been published in Newcastle papers. Rangers collected it and I'd guess (hope) executed it before it could breed with anything.

Sort of thing you'd see U.S Weapon Researchers desperate to get their hands on in movies.

It's head was as big as mine ffs.

Last edited:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Quentin said:
I have seen a few ferals in the bush that are large that it all. Theres probably a lot more then people think as a matter of fact. A nice Leaf Salad with special sauce and some weed tea.Maybe a Brownie or chocolate muffin after lunch.

unless some little kittys are eating radio active snappy tom...they aint just some big feral cats.....these are the real deal!!!

now its on tv again more and more info will come out......these things are killing cows ect.......there big leopards ...

i saw the show again tonight they recon there are a couple hundered of them....there breeding !!.....one picture a guy took you could see it was the length of a outdoor round table and they said it was 1.3 meters tall....i was pretty stuffed after a days work so all the info didnt really register in my head...but saw enough to see what it was.

if someone will catch me one i'll buy it for 20 bucks hahahahha......i got some big mice here lol..........HH. =]-~

Schlossi

I`d Pay good cash money to see one of those MFers! IF and when i see PROOF is Only when i believe. Thats touch the dead beast feel the fur and Know that it is real. No more Yowie Stories children.
You got internet look up these Cats with heads larger then yours and see nothing.
Jeez.

indifferent

Veteran
Jeezus schlossi, there are big cats living wild in the UK which is tiny and densely populated, pets let go by people in the early 70s when the law was changed. If they can live in the UK, then I'm damn sure they could live in the vastness of the outback.

wolfy_9005

Theres some big ones near eucla on the wa/sa border. Just normal cats which went through a rapid evolution so they can bring down roo's, etc. Think 3 leaps across the road...

HappyJay

I have taken feral cats, just domestics bred up feral, up in far north Aus whilst out culling on properties well over 10 kgs, biggest of around 16kgs.
Now these aren't fat rolly type cats, they are dangerous, muscled, native animal killing machines. Caught in a trap, they will literally tear themselves apart to get to you, or get out of the cage. This is supposedly the best way to controll them according to native parks and wildlife, other than baits. Our local parks and wildlife officer provides the traps/ cages, however latelly, he has just provided free 223 ammo as I mean, we take lots of big ferrals round here.

Growing up, I had heard of the panther stories and that, of the old US army mascots down in the highlands etc down south. My best friends father still swears today that his panther he took, (still has the pics), was in vico highlands, however he is a yarn spinner, and has hunted worldwide so I'm still that little sceptical??

kezz

Yep,they do exist thats for sure.Out NW of Broken Hill many years ago,about 50 i think, my old man shot 2 and they were huge.Just like normal moggies but big as a dog.If one had a go at ya ,be all over.

Hughesy

If you see one the only way to drop them is a quick one right between the eyes. Then run like hell. Or you`re a goner.

Hughesy

Black panters

Black panters

Trail of Sydney's black panther leads to suburbia

On the move ... the mythical Lithgow panther, a black cat which has been said to roam the outskirts of Sydney
Panther-like creatures on the move
Fears they are headed for houses
Becoming bolder as they search for food
MYSTERIOUS panther-like creatures, long reported to be stalking the outskirts of Sydney, could be moving towards homes.

With at least 19 sightings reported this year, big cat hunters believe they're becoming bolder as they search for food and mates, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Cryptozoologist Rex Gilroy said the elusive creatures - usually reported as fleeting sightings at night, often on lonely country roads - have been reported as far afield as Kenthurst, Lithgow, Penrith and Appin as they find migratory routes around Warragamba dam, linking breeding populations from the northwest to southwest via the Blue Mountains.

"They've become more active, males and females, in the past few weeks and months as they look to breed," Mr Gilroy said.

Although there is no hard evidence the creatures exist, residents have become so frightened that the Department of Primary Industries has commissioned a report on the cats, due early next year.

Last edited:

andytof46

unless some little kittys are eating radio active snappy tom...they aint just some big feral cats.....these are the real deal!!! :muahaha:

good one

I'm going with the law changed theory, heaps of yuppies wanted exotic pets and had exotic pets in OZ, US, UK, but since the law changed people let these big cats go and bam.... just like a domestic cat they survive....

I heard some stories from a mate of mine that was in the army about 8 years ago of some pretty big ferals, but from what he told me they weren't as big as this and importantly ... they weren't draggin' their prey up into any tree's....

sound like a leoplard 2 me :rant:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We used to track big cats in the UK... wild Cougars in fact. The Males range 60 miles sq. ,, females less so maybe 15-20 miles sq. (approx.). In this way the male ranges over several females to help maintain population diversity. Most kills are usually listed down as fox attacks,, (Dingos in Oz),, so the farmer gets compensation kick-back (or at least has an excuse to shoot more foxes/dingos).

Reality check,, 100's of people spot these Big Cats across the UK (not just the Beasts of Bodmin),, widespread in both rural and urban locations. One theory is that Big Cats venture into the cities to hunt down slower prey , like town foxes and domestic cats. In rural settings they have also been reported to have attacked dog walkers :eek:

Having spent a miss-spent youth chasing such animals,, we've seen Bob Cats / Lynx in car headlamps,, and clearly spotted a wild Cougar/Puma/Mt. Lion under a lamp. Plus having tracked the same individual (and a smaller possible female individual) across surrounding open countryside, many times, we can confirm that Big Cats in the UK are a very REAL phenomena,, in fact not really a phenomena ... just big cats living wild.

Scratching posts on trees will help establish territory edges / size / range. Another clue is an absence of claw imprints when following up on tracks. These beasts have big pads!

Hope this helps,

Schlossi

Bring them to the slaughter.

Bring them to the slaughter.

Bring on the big cat pics. So called Big cat hunters. Some of these bush legends are just that. With modern techs we would all have seen pictures of these massive muscled aggressive scary wild animals.

Cabri

I would really like to see one of these Mo-Fo`s.
Money paid to the Hunter that brings one of these down and back to civ for viewing. I`d like to see THAT.

Cabri

heres the proof.

heres the proof.

A GIANT cat is stalking wildlife in rural Glenwood, north of Gympie, and a man has the proof - a plaster paw print cast.

Mr A, who retired to his rural acreage in Pepper Rd 16 months ago, said there was no doubt some sort of panther-size cat was living in the area.

"I grew up in the bush and I know when big cats are around," he said. "I've heard this cat before. It's not a kangaroo or a dog ... it's a caterwauling and sometimes it sort of grunts and chuffs."

Mr A said his suspicions were confirmed when he was using his excavator to move stumps after heavy rain last week and spotted big paw prints in the mud.

"There was still this one big print where a kangaroo had come around the corner fast and sort of half slipped and the cat had come around after it and leaned into the corner with its front right paw," he said.

"There was one, big, perfect print and I had some gyprock plaster in the shed so I got a cast of it."

The cast shows a lion-sized paw print, bigger than his fist, measuring 14.5cm long by 13cm wide with a deep pad and four toes with retractable cat-like claws.

He said that since the incident he had hardly seen any kangaroos grazing around his property.

Mr A said he had also spoken to a neighbour who told of two girls who reported seeing a "big, black cat" in bush fringing the area.

The Parks and Wildlife Service has a file documenting a report from a farmer who saw "a very large black cat" in 2003, and other reports of big cat sightings in the Toowoomba region, particularly in 1997.

Local legend also includes sightings of a black panther-like creature in the Gayndah area, northwest of Gympie.

G

guest123

i recall hearing they found one of those big cats and tested its dna and it threw a spanner in the works of all the panther theories ,,,
apparently they are cats gone feral over many generations , the first cats came here hundreds of years ago and have changed somewhat since ie ,, grown larger and are very elusive and good hunters as we know cats to be ...
its nice to believe fanciful stories ,, i know we all have an urge too ,, but sometimes we gotta be realistic ...