What's new

We are the demand causing the problem

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I don't have to accept you telling me what I thought

That's the problem, not many people can tell what you thought because you weren't very clear. You take an article that doesn't say shit about growers and make a thread declaring that the article is blaming 'us' for the violence. Who the fuck is 'us'? I actually read the article and nowhere in there does it say anything of the such so again, you're the only one placing blame.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Attacking him without regards as to whether or not his position had merit was premature in the least, and immature straight up.

Don't be an ass-hat, nobody attacked him till he declared that everybody who didn't agree with his assertion failed. He still thinks that.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
JapanFreakier, the scales have fallen from my eyes. Acquiesence is not one of my more cultivated attributes and your critique of my post revealed my ignorance. I apologize for my offensive reaction. Forgive me that.
I have felt guilty for being such a sophomoric jerk, and would be humbled if you did.
Trichrider

Bongstar420

I haven't bought any Cannaibs for years, and all of the stuff I see floating around is highend Oregon produced stuff....Maybe its from those Mexican squatters in the forests, I don't know. I suspect that is a manufactured scare tactict as I don't see much (yes there is some) gang violence in Oregon.

Anyways, all that violence (in general) is because the wrong people have the reigns of power, both legal and illegal. There is no way for the average consumer to verify what kind of philosophy is behind the product that they consume either legal or illegal. Many of our legal enterprises have the same sort of violent acts behind them that the drug trade has. People are being funneled into a system where lesse fair economics rule and the bully is the producer/distributor behind the curtain. I think it is up to people like us to push for proper production and distribution regulatory structures in all aspects of our lives. Bullies will not ever dissapear, but we can mitigate them out of the power seats by instigating a system that makes lying, cheating, and stealing virtually impossible on a business level without disarming anyone. We must accecpt that bullies will always exist and that we must defend ourselves both collectivly and individually.

I advocate that all wars through all time were always bullshit and always will be because scarcity is a manufactured state perpetuated by ignorance. This means that someone had to dupe a group into supporting on at least one end of any given conflict. Usually it is the offence that is guilty of this, but the defence can frequently be in on the deal with the offenders.

Energy is the key to all production and distribution, and I don't believe that there is an energy scarcity problem. For instance, the world could easially be powered by Liquid Flouride Thorium Reactors (LFTR) that are both safe and easy to maintain. GOOGLE IT!> This technology was developed 50 years ago and would contribute no more threat to our existence then what already exists. This technology can burn all of our current nuclear waste stockpile that could then be refined within a few hundred years for the precious metals that result as a product of the transmutation of radioactive elements. There are enough Thorium/Uranium reserves for at least a 1000 years at the current population. After that, we will have developed a permanent space presence and could have fusion and zero point energy technologies that would supply energy for 1000000's of years if not to the end of time easially. Space travel will ensure that the Earth will be clean and that space will never be limited as there is virtually unlimited space for stations and many, many planets for us to engineer.

This alone assures everyone a reasonable place to conduct their peaceful affairs, but there are many, many other oppertunities as well both short and long term that virtually insure a large, prosperous future for many, many sentient beings to ponder and play in existence.

SKUNK420

The so-called Mexican drug war is now being fought here in the U.S. as the cartels are killing and kidnapping this side of the border. There is a reason that Arizona wants to crack down on illegals, they are under siege by the cartels who want to turn Arizona into the kind of free-for-all that goes on south of the border. Frankly, the war is being lost as U.S. police chiefs are being targeted and assassinated by the cartels. We need to wise up. And I agree that everyone who grows here is striking a blow against the cartels by avoiding their product and by helping others avoid it, and by putting money back into the U.S. economy that would otherwise leave the country.

+1

Hmmm think about this little comparison. Mexico is mostly all the same nationality, they are a very religious people and a country where drugs & guns are illegal. They say they have BROWN PRIDE but why do they kill each other? Now look at the U.A.E. almost the same thing. They are almost all the same nationality and same religion and the same views on guns & drug. One big differnece: The people of the U.A.E. respect the rules of law!!! They respect themselves and their religion. They do not kill each other. Most of all they are not corrupt like Mexico. Sorry I do not want to hear about the U.S. foreign policy with Mexico. That is no excuse to justify why the cartels exist and the current state of Mexico not having a functioning modern day infrastructure that allows for the rule of law that will give the people and business investors confidence to build in Mexico or for the Mexican people to just live freely without free of drug violence. Once Mexico learns the true meaning of brown pride and stops killing each other business will invest in Meixco.
It's a gold mine waiting to be build but why build when some punk is just going to destroy it. The U.S. is perfect proof of that. It's a free country to do whatever you want and that includes getting into trouble. So now we have neighborhoods where business does not want to be because of the crime. The community organizers blame the lack of business & jobs in a community as the cause of the crime but the crime is what drove the businesses away. Sorry but business owners don't like playing the batered house wife role. For you small minded people think about it like this. If you are disrespectful, rude, violent, destructive to people you will not have many friends, educational, business or job oppertunities in life.

SmokeyHarvest-N

2."Based on the available English language scientific evidence, the results of this systematic review suggest that an increase in drug law enforcement interventions to disrupt drug markets is unlikely to reduce violence attributable to drug gangs. Instead, from an evidence-based public policy perspective and based on several decades of available data, the existing evidence strongly suggests that drug law enforcement contributes to gun violence and high homicide rates and that increasingly sophisticated methods of disrupting organizations involved in drug distribution could unintentionally increase violence. In this context, and since drug prohibition has not achieved its stated goal of reducing drug supply, alternative models for drug control may need to be considered if drug-related violence is to be meaningfully reduced."

Source: International Centre for Science in Drug Policy, "Effect of Drug Law Enforcement on Drug-Related Violence: Evidence from a Scientific Review," (Vancouver, British Columbia: 2010), p. 22.
http://www.icsdp.org/docs/ICSDP-1 - FINAL.pdf

Seen a couple of things lately that said the same thing. Using the community and sometimes public shaming seems to work a lot better. Not always a popular stance, though.

Better pray that Islam doesn't get a foothold down there. I can easily see things breaking bad quickly.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought cannabis was legal in Mexico? Im sure they are selling that schwag to the kids in HS. In places like nowhere ville and I'm sure there not MMJ states. Here where we have MMJ the schwag is low grade homegrown its not from Mexico. There are many that just dont grow good pot and that's also considered schwag. So all of that cannabis that makes it across the border has to be going to Places that have harsh penalties for cannabis like Louisiana

TruthOrLie

Veteran
One glaringly huge difference between Mexico and United Arab Emirates.

The United Arab Emirates doesn't have the United States on its northern border screwing its whole economy and values system.

I started a personal op so I didn't have to buy brick... good weed is hard to find by me and mexi is everywhere. Getting truly good weed was very rare and now for 2 years I have been able provide for myself. I have a half dozen strains on hand for whatever mood I'm in.