What's new

We are the demand causing the problem

The Problem is Human Nature

The Problem is Human Nature

Since I understand that farmers will plant whatever crops they believe they will get the best money for, I belieive that simply legalizing MJ will not be enough. Poppies grow wherever weed will. What do you think the chances of legalizing Heroin will be?

Sadly, MJ is just the tip of the iceberg. These guys aren't going to scratch their heads and say... "Ok u got me senor. I'm gonna go open a taco stand." They live in nasty shitholes where the only way to make a buck is to do something illegal. When one dies
three more are born to take his place.

Really, the problem isn't drugs at all. It's human nature. It's keeping the poor masses hungry at the expense of the wealthy few. It's everybody for himself, and screw whomever gets in the way. You don't only see this behavior on one side of the issue. It's pervasive. The drug lords' thugs are just as inhuman as the govt shock troopers.

vta

Veteran
We are the demand causing the problem

no

That is the same propagandist crap "they" used during prohibition. It's the laws against drugs that create the 'problem'. Spreading this fear promotes their agenda all the while supporting their failed effort to control the personal lives of their 'subjects'.

Legalize don't criticize

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Only that we, as a group, are being demonized by misplacing the real blame for the violence in Ciudad Juarez.

I don't see that. I do remember that silliness about supporting terrorist but I don't really see this problem that you're talking about. Who is blaming marijuana smokers? The article is not pointing out pot, but talked about all drugs.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Many of the growers here support their local economy. They produce their own weed, and weed for others in their locations, which decreases the demand for Mexican weed, when there's no more demand for it, there will be no more fighting, nobody fights over stuff nobody wants.
We here at IC are part of the solution, not the problem

Many of the growers here support their local economy. They produce their own weed, and weed for others in their locations, which decreases the demand for Mexican weed, when there's no more demand for it, there will be no more fighting, nobody fights over stuff nobody wants.
We here at IC are part of the solution, not the problem

That'd be great if MJ was the only problem.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
There's also the kidnapping, the coke, the heroine, the human trafficking.

This topic reminds me of Joe Rogan, probably the least funny comedian I've seen on TV, seems to think screaming his jokes makes them funnier, type of humor that you could only forgive a slightly slow friend for, yet he says "weed" in his jokes and stoners think it's funny.

The article says "weed" and people think it's worth focusing on only that part of the story. nonsense, this thread fails in ever way.

Ignoring the facts...

Ignoring the facts...

...is probably what got us into this situation in the first place.

This isn't international cocaine and human trafficking magazine, it's about cannabis here, and in regards to that, my previous statement stands.

But hey... if you think that being on icmag gives you permission to ignore the rest of the issue. Well, good for you! Spark another bowl, Kitty!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GrinStick

TrighRider prefaces is opinion thusly:

"But my observation is that it’s saying WE are the problem. "

He/she only admits to being the messenger, but elaborates an opinion.
Personal growers taking offense at ones opinion because they feel they have insulated themselves from the drug trade are in denial.

"There's also the kidnapping, the coke, the heroine, the human trafficking.

This topic reminds me of Joe Rogan, probably the least funny comedian I've seen on TV, seems to think screaming his jokes makes them funnier, type of humor that you could only forgive a slightly slow friend for, yet he says "weed" in his jokes and stoners think it's funny.

The article says "weed" and people think it's worth focusing on only that part of the story. nonsense, this thread fails in ever way. "

I believe the government has effectively linked marijuana with ALL DRUGS, TERRORISM, VIOLENCE, and THE INFLUX OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes it OUR problem.
Trichrider may have used sarcasm in his opinion, but it was not directed at marijuana users.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Perhaps I interpreted this article wrongly, forgive me…I usually (always) write these meanderings while my ears are still ringing, so maybe I missed the point altogether. I should relate that I despise the drug propaganda for what it is, an afront to anyone who chooses to use.
Meanmustard, J…freakier, Kalico, you just may feel better thinking you can dissassociate yourself from links to other drugs! Did you only just start growing one day without ever having previously indulged in the madness? .Right. You got here from somewhere.
Batboy, congrats. VTA, Seniorbuzz, Grinstick, thanks. Hippyjohnny, right on! HydroSun, Toast.
One can find flaws in any argument, I titled the article badly but was not presenting any dispute, only an article for other like minded cannabis enthusiasts to be informed of.
I am glad that you find fault with me and not with the article, even in my imperfection I can accept that.

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
lol, you're the one who claimed that everybody "failed" buddy. What fault are we supposed to find with the article?

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I believe the government has effectively linked marijuana with ALL DRUGS, TERRORISM, VIOLENCE, and THE INFLUX OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that makes it OUR problem.

effectively in whose eyes? From what I'm seeing pot's image has greatly improved over the last decade with more and more states going medical, I'd say that is a huge failure of the government to try and paint pot in a bad light.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
lol, no I'm just a guy who expects a little more, sorry. The article is about the violence the drug war causes in Latin America and decrimilization. It's not about pointing fingers at pot smokers for that violence, you're the only one doing that.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
your sorry that I dissappoint? you should be, for thinking I cast dispersion on pot smokers. You the man...can't change that!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
No, you obviously think your the man with that attitude of yours, blaming others for your poor communicating and reading skills.

The so-called Mexican drug war is now being fought here in the U.S. as the cartels are killing and kidnapping this side of the border. There is a reason that Arizona wants to crack down on illegals, they are under siege by the cartels who want to turn Arizona into the kind of free-for-all that goes on south of the border. Frankly, the war is being lost as U.S. police chiefs are being targeted and assassinated by the cartels. We need to wise up. And I agree that everyone who grows here is striking a blow against the cartels by avoiding their product and by helping others avoid it, and by putting money back into the U.S. economy that would otherwise leave the country.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Regardless my poor reading and communicating skills, I don't have to accept you telling me what I thought, even if I did frame it poorly. That is the governments job. And who was blamed for my poor skills? you feel belittled? move on.