What's new

Watt's Growin On

FarOut

High Everybody :rasta:

I started a tread like this in Soil but thought it would be better to do a journal here:rasta:

Soma's NYCD & Dutch Passion's Strawberry Cough

Hope you Injoy :rasta:

I have 3 cabs a 600w a 400w and a clone/veg cab with shop lights

I designed and built the cabs so if you have any questions I would be Happy to answer them.

I have 3 of Soma’s NYCD that were cuttings taken the end of October, they are all the same age but have been flipped 2 weeks apart so 1 plant got 4 weeks more veg than the first 1 flipped, giving you a good example of how much a little more veg time can increase yields.

The first one to be flipped, was done so when the plant was not very healthy. She had not been fed properly as I was waiting on ordered nutes that came late.

About the time I flipped the first on Dec. 15th I started giving them all:
Bio Bizz - Bio Grow
Bio Canna - Bio Flores
Guano Kalong

They all started to get nice n green, showing lots of vigor with the nutes.

I don’t have any early photos but here is the first plant flipped at 38 Daze 12/12 and 9 Daze later at 47 Daze 12/12 on the right.

9 Daze later at 47 Daze 12/12

This one was flipped 17 Daze later Jan.2 and you can see how the extra veg time with good nutes has packed on volume.

Same plant 9 Daze later

This last plant has had about 6 weeks total veg. but the first 2 weeks she didn’t have nutes. Flipped on Jan 15th the 1st photo is at 3 Daze 12/12 right after i did a heavy cropping and training session.

Next photo’s are the same plant a few Daze later at 6 Daze 12/12
You can see there is no stress from cropping.

Same plant 9 Daze later at 15 Daze 12/12

Coments, Questions & Suggestions are Welcome :rasta:

PeaceOut :rasta:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Man those are some really nice looking buds dude

I like your style of lst, using the plant for all it is worth. I agree with ya on veg, I like to veg plants for months, really let those stalks firm up

I will be back to check on these beauty buds!!

FarOut

Thanks for stoppin by Dr. Dog :rasta:

Yea i like a good long veg. i only flipped the first 1 when i did, so i would have something to smoke :rasta:

I will be posting weights on all 3 plants to see the improvements in yeild.

Military

Holy shit man... That fucking insane!! Mind my french.. BUT OMFG lol

That last plant you trimmed that sucker to pretty much NOTHING LEFT!!! and it came back like nothing and just pretty much made buds and thats it!!..

Ima really gona have to learn how to do that well, since Ima going to be doing something similar but more so with SOG style... Man thats pretty insane lol :p

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey FarOut, man that last plant is phenomenal. Some great lst'n on her, can't wait to see what she produces.

B/R

FarOut

Thanks Guys :rasta:

Military i have been workin on my tecnique for LST and croppin for a few years and feel like i get decent results and prefer this to scrog, because my plants are mobile, so maintenance, pest control and flushing is easier :rasta:

I was always afraid to cut back too much or tug on the branches but as long as it is cropped when the plant is healthy and LST done with alot of thought and a little finness the plant seems to thank you for it and thrive :rasta:

Next time i will take a photo before i crop, i cut away more than half the plant :rasta:

Gonna take some more photos and do an update soon :rasta:

FarOut

High All :rasta:

This week I transplanted the NYCD clones and have them and my DP Strawberry Cough getting 18 hrs light by having them in my 400 w cab from 07:00 to 13:00

At 13:00 they go in the 600 w cab until 01:00

This way I can run 12 hr cycles on both lights but still veg the youngsters. After cutting the second Diesel on march 12th I will put the 400 w on 18 hr cycle to veg out 2 Diesels that will be my main plants, one in each cab. The other 3 Diesels have been transplanted for the last time and will be flipped as soon as they start to show healthy leaf growth. I can then keep these in the corners to flower and give bud between harvest of the bigger plants.

When the SC starts alternating nodes I will take clones and get them flowering. I know DP SC is not rated on this site but I bought an oz of this and maybe 20 other strains over a 3 month period. Between me and 2 other guys who smoked all of it, the one that stuck in all our minds, was the high and taste of the DP SC over all other strains. For me, the appeal was that it reminded me of the good Columbian I was getting in the 70’s OOOhhh that sweet smell would just hang in the room long after smoking a spliff and give me flashbacks, mmmmmm nice ones. So I thought I would grab them when I saw them in the shop. 5 fem for 40€ 3 popped

Here is the NYCD at 23 Daze something else worth mentioning is this plant, the one that has had the longest veg of the 3 and has the most bud, is in the smallest pot 4 liters the other plants are in 6.5 liter. You can see healthy veg time is more important than root space. This demonstrates that a small healthy root system can support good yields.

Here is some early training on the clones, sorry about the bad focus but you get the idea. This clone had the branch it was taken from, topped 2 weeks before cutting the clone to get the 3 main branches.

Or it would look like this

I left this one like this because she will go into flower as soon as she starts healthy growth so i am going for single cola's i can stick in the corners.

Here is the Diesel at 38 Daze

Things are lookin good and i b lookin foward to a small harvest on the 24th

Military

Speechless... :p Your LSTing is just phenomenal man. I might have to try the LSTing method your way once i get my CAB redesigned, Im going to be doing all the rest of the plants SOG style.. TALL SOGs :p

Will be nice to see the difference in weight and what not :p ... Compared to how long it takes and such.. Will be a good experiment :p

FarOut

Thanks Military :rasta:

Somkin the difference in weights will be the best part lol :rasta:

Guessin to harvest 2 - 4 - 6 oz’s per plant :rasta:

Could very well be 5 & 7 oz’s on the 2nd & 3rd plants :rasta:

That would mean 2 weeks veg = 2 or 3 oz’s

I don’t think, or care if this is the most efficient way to grow. I know you could do SOG and maybe depending on strain and skills, over the long run, get more yield since you don’t need the veg time :rasta:

I prefer this method because I use less soil, cut, root and transplant, fewer clones, than I would in SOG, so it is much less work, being a wee bit Layzee that’s Cool wit me :rasta:

Let’s not forget, what happens with high plant count; if…

The interesting comparison, will be the difference between the 2nd & 3rd plants harvest, because the 3rd one, the one I expect to get the biggest yield, is in the smallest pot of 4 liters less than 1 gal. The 2nd plant is in a 6.5 liter pot.

This might change some thoughts on pot size = yield :rasta:

Less than a gallon of soil is not very big for my expected 6 To 7 oz’s either, demonstrating that making good use of the soil is more important than the size of the pot.

Kinda like,

It’s not how big it is

It’s how ya use it :rasta:

It’s 2 weeks before I cut the first girl :rasta:

Military

very nice :p Good Point indeed :p Ya ima kinda looking for an over all MASS of bud production.. Im probably planning on having.. 16 plants in my Cab all HYDRO(DWC Recir) probably harvest 1 or 2 every 2-3 weeks :p Thats my goal..

Ill be starting them all at the same time though.. or atleast half of them. So my first harvests from every plant after the first 1-2 will be massive, especially the last one in the cycle, but I wont let it over mature of course :p

Will be great to see though :p Im new to the SOG but Im a LSTer also myself, Iv started out with that my first run and the whole beginning of my 2nd run.. Now i did scrog because such less work :p Just pull and move hehe. Im going to have to read up more on SOG for sure... I gota figure out how to get those 1-2 BUD colas that make up the entire plant... HUM.. lol

Well till next time

SMOKE ON

N

NZjay

i swear i posted in this thread once before.... but i guess not.
damn drugs!

looking amazing farout! you have perfected the LST method!

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Never been a fan of cropping but, dayum, this thread may change that. Is the first branching at the bottom, the one with three shoots, a result of FIM?

FarOut said:

FarOut

High Military :rasta:

For the single colas you don't really do much except get them on 12/12 when they are small.

I have 2 like this that are going to 12/12 today, i just want single colas to go in the corners of my cab. They were transplanted for the last time about week ago and have just come around that photo is a few Daze old.

This 1 is getting flipped same time as well so we will see the difference as they grow.

NZJay :rasta:

FreezerBoy no i have never had predictable results from FIMing, so what i do if i want to LST or SCROG is top the branch i will clone 1 week before i cut the clone.

What you see with that particular plant though, is what i believe to be a result of self FIMing :rasta: WTF let me explain when i cut these clones i didn't have the proper humidity and the top of this clone, one that had not been topped by me, dried and deformed. What you see is the result of that deformation and it does appear to look like FIMing :rasta:

You decide here is 20 Daze growth under a 400w :rasta:

I am a firm believer that if the leaf isn’t getting or going to get good light penetration, then the plant is better off if you crop it :rasta:

Thanks 4 Da Love :rasta:

FarOut :rasta:

jrw

Really awsome style you have :D

I particularly like the shelves and the tied-to-the-wall little ones :joint:

May I ask a question:
Have you topped this plant early on or is the branch going to the left actually the main stem? How early did you begin traning it sideways?
If you did top, where's the fourth new main stem?
FarOut said:

FarOut

jrw & greenhead High N Thanks

I wrote this in response to FreezerBoy's ? if the plant was FIMed.

But being the Stoners we are :rasta: it's EZ to overlook things so here it is again :rasta:

What you see with that particular plant though, is what i believe to be a result of self FIMing WTF let me explain when i cut these clones i didn't have the proper humidity and the top of this clone, one that had not been topped by me, dried and deformed. What you see is the result of that deformation and it does appear to look like FIMing

I usually top a branch about a week before taking the clone and start training as soon as it has roots, to get this effect :rasta:

FarOut :rasta:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That is such a nice looking plant, you should get so much bud from that one plant
Great Job FO

Latest posts

Latest posts