What's new

Wattage/Amperage Announcement

Surrender

It's 126w * .9 efficiency + 4 3w fans to total 126w. I had to read her 2nd post in the thread a few times to make sense of it.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna if her information is false how about you make a light and well test it for ya.

That what I posted was not a rant. I don't rant and never will. What I will do is post up factual pictures to determine if this thing will grow weed or not. If you think she is deceitful or crazy or even a bad business person I'm sure there are other places out there where you can get a light. I simply got tired of the BS questions that really have no relevance in the fact of if they work or not.

If you feel your question is being dodged I'm sorry you feel that way.

So if you bought a car that states it get's 28 mpg and you find out the one you got only get's 27 I guess in you eye's you got lied to right? And the company that sold it to ya are all liars and crooks correct?

So if you say it's not possible I'm guessing this test will be a bust and we all can have fun trying.

She claims they are 1W LEDs outputting 1Wand there are 126 of them yet the total power draw from the wall as shown in the pics of the power meter is only 126 watts, if the LEDs were drawing 1W each the total power draw would be more than 126W.

So my question yet again:
She stated that there is 30W of fans and that the LED driver is 95% efficient, therefore;
126W - 30W = 96W,
96W - 5% losses (4.8W) in the driver = 91.2W,
91.2W ÷ 126 = 0.723809523W going to the LEDs!

Sorry man I just had to put this up again. :)

Now let's just say this is correct. So if you right I'm gonna get .723809523 instead of 1 right. Damn I guess you right that is a deal breaker isn't it. :)

I bet you grow Organic don't ya?

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Last edited:
wow what a mess

wow what a mess

ok after reading this thread a couple times and trying to use math skills i learned over 20 years ago and not very success full i should say and getting a headache just looking through all the tech stuff this is my two cents worth .

Take a 150 w cfl it only pulls 64w but produces the equivalant of 150 how this works i have no idea but does it work yes very well when it come to this hobby . I understand there are different types of people out there that have to know how things work and why
I am not one of these but i do understand having something stuck on your brain that you can not get the answer to . Maybe a site that is geared toward this kind of problem would be a place to look on how this works .

there are allot of sites out there on led lights and maybe you could get your info from one of them but to keep asking the same question over and over when you did not get the answer you were looking for is like kicking a dead horse might be fun but aint getting you no where .

The question that everyone want to know is does this work and is it cost effective for our hobby . Is spending 500 on a light to cover a 2x2 area going to increase that 2x2 areas yeild and quality enough to justify spending the money to cover say an 8x8 area
will the increase be enough to justify spending a shit ton of cash to switch over to leds not to save money on electric or on fan use but will the light produce enough to pay for the upgrade .

If i already have a 8x8 setup why would i tare it down because i can get a better yeild in a smaller space just set the number of lights to the space and grow on in doing so will i have increased yeilds like Ledgirl says will the quality be better or the same or worse . You can preach grams per watt all day and i wont listen i dont care what people say about it anyone can blowup a plant but getting the quality of the herb is where my head is at so is it realistic to spend say 5000 on lights to cover the same area that i have now ?

Let's take Dongle69 for instance she has 3 4x8 tables that she is getting great yeilds fron with 6000w If she spent the money to cover the same area she has now with the same number of plants
1 would the yeild increase be enough to justify it ?
2would the quality be the same , better , or worse ?
3 would the plants have to be veged longer or shorter to get the better yeilds ? if so how long or how short of a veg time ?
4 how big of an ajustment would have to be made to her routine ?
aka nutes useage and res refill and nute profile and time spent in garden ?

In my mind these are the questions that need to be answered on this site not that a cfl draws .5 amps how does it produce 150 w of light out of that . Just my two stoned cents

Have a great day :xmasnut:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will they manicure your buds for you afterwards? If so, I'm in! :joint:

Hazelnuts

While I think that nitpicking over stupid shit is retarded and fully support LEDs, I agree with Canna Cola. All he did was ask the question how it is possible to have 126W of LEDs plus 12W of fans plus losses from the PSU yet the total draw is 126W... I don't understand that either, unless the LEDs are deliberately under-"fed" with power and the 126W in the description of the unit merely relates to the total draw, which wouldn't really make sense, but OK I can accept that, if just someone answered the question without ranting about how it's "nitpicking" and all that crap, because really, it's not!! And I'm willing to bet it's a simple and short explanation so instead of wasting your energy on deleting those posts and making those people angry so in return they're gonna spam your threads, just give them the goddamn information, at least for questions like this one, because this is really something relevant. While I have no doubt that you're (LED girl) a great person and you've proven to be very kind and willing to give out information about your lights, as the producer and supplier of a product you're always gonna be the asshole who has to answer retarded questions and put up with stupid customers who won't even read the FAQ on your site properly and if you can't live with that, maybe a job in sales just isn't really the right thing for you.

Hazelnuts

As with any electrical appliance, there is an initial amount of wattage that is needed to "start" something. The fans may need an initial 10 watts to start but may only need 4 watts to continue running.

Also with LED lights, there are going to be resistors in place to monitor the amount of power going to the bulbs. If I had to guess, I would say that the bulbs, although being listed as 1 watt, may very well be limited to .8 or .9 volts. This would be done to assure that the bulbs not only don't blow from excessive wattage, but last for a long period of time. If they were given the full watt that they are rated for, they would have a lot shorter life than the 5 years or so they should get.

The same principle is used with compact florescents. They do not use the wattage that is stated for them. Thus you have a bulb that last an extremely long period of time.

The bottom line is there sure is a lot of nit picking going on over a few watts that can't be accounted for. Should LEDGIRL know these answers? Probably. And I bet she gets these answers now. But 99 out of a 100 people arent going to give a crap about this question. Only ones looking to discredit her are going to.

For the amount of time that has been spent here arguing, a google search could probably answer the question. But I have a feeling that wouldn't accomplish what certain people are trying to do, now would it?

It stops here. If you don't like the answers you are getting, then move on. The petty shit being used to try and discredit someone stops here. If you don't believe me, try it.

As I said, I'm not looking to discredit anyone. I appreciate that there has finally been an answer posted, but why is it so bad that people are asking questions on the vendor forum? Also, there's no need for that aggressive tone, as I said, I'm not here to fight, just passing by wondering why everyone's beating eachother over this. And I never said I didn't like the answers I got (mainly cause I never asked any questions so far), but I think it's kind of weird that you go around accusing people of trying to discredit LEDgirl on the basis that they've been asking questions (no matter of what nature)... Why not just answer those questions (I'm mainly referring to the one posted in this thread about the total draw/nominal power discrepancies) in the first place? Because now, people have their answer and are happy (or at least that's true for me) but there was a lot of threadshitting and flaming going on to achieve this and that was unnecessary IMO.

aahz

maybe following explanation will help you to better understand problem with power consumption of LEDs

“One watt” LED isn't one watt.
The way the manufacturers that actually make the LEDs rate any LED that runs at 350mA (mA stands for milliamp- an amp is a measure of current) is a “one watt” LED, 700mA is a “three watt” LED and 1000-1500mA is a “five watt” LED (10 and 15 watt LEDs usually have 4 LEDs on the same die in series).
A typical one watt red LED will have a voltage drop of 2.25 volts- 2.25 volts times 350mA of current equals .79 watts of power.
A typical blue LED will have a voltage drop of 3.4 volts- 3.4 volts times 350mA equals 1.19 watts.

(quotation from some article about LED lights I found somewhere...)

You are right. So the way to calculate the growing power of the leds is actually quite a complicated mess when trying to get corrected photons striking the leaf surface.

But basic power is voltage drop of led x current of led, add up for each color of leds. That is the power of the leds. The rest is power supply inefficiency(heat) and fans. I always had a problem with how led manufacturers rated their panels but you got to rate some way or another. Also beam width has a huge impact. I run 25 degree 40lm 350ma and man do they penetrate the 120's suck at penetrating(think laser vs flashlight). Anyways I'm not here to be a negative person. Just some of the first led panels where a big rip off and more marketing than anything. As of late things have changed. Like the hydro-grow led people actually make a decent panel.

Just think if you could get 40lm out of each of the leds in a flat panel led TV with say 5 degrees of beam width but with the leds specifically designed for P.A.R. This is basically what quantum dot led technology is trying to do except for the par part.

LEDGirl

Veteran
UPDATE:

The 2nd Generation 126W light draws 112W of actual power from the wall.

The 205W light draws 182W of actual power.

The 345W draws 310W of actual power.

I do not currently have readouts on other models, but wanted to post these online as I just did the readings.

UPDATE:

The 2nd Generation 126W light draws 112W of actual power from the wall.

The 205W light draws 182W of actual power.

The 345W draws 310W of actual power.

I do not currently have readouts on other models, but wanted to post these online as I just did the readings.
:laughing: :jerkit:
So now you have overunity? :rolleyes:
This just gets better and better, what's next your lights will produce electricity and make your meter run backwards? :noway:

Jaybird2203

is there any plans on getting your lights certified by UL or any other regulating body?

I know some insurance companies may reject a claim, say if there was a fire that caused your room/house to burn, if the cause was a fixture that was not certified.

I'm in NO way saying that your lights or any other device would start a fire, just trying to limit the amount of potential crap someone may have to deal with incase that played out.

Latest posts

Latest posts