What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

SacredBreh

Amazing thread...... over 4 years and running.....

Amazing thread...... over 4 years and running.....

Just read the thread all the way through. Excellent. Couple of thoughts as I was reading.

Osmosis--deals with the movement of H2O across a semi-permeable membrane.... like the water crossing into the cells of the plant.

Flavionoids--are pigments, not sugars.

Diffusion--is the movements of solutes (starches, proteins, etc.) across a semi--permeable membrane.

I think it was great input about using it for edibles. How does it taste in comparison. This may be a great benefit due to the least impact on food product tastes. I wonder if oil.... namely ISO would be cleaner and maybe more like butane oil without the issue of residues from the butane?

Does dried Cannabis lose more chlorophyll than fresh? I bet NiteTiger knows.

I am going to have to try this... and test some out.

Peace

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Anyone who doesn't filter their intake air should definitely consider BHO, water cure, bubble-hash or some other method that washes the air-lint out of the bud.

It's amazing how much crap they pick up when you're pointing a fan at them all day in an open environment. :cuss:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
gramsci.antonio said:
what happens if not all the leaves are removed?

And if the plants has a few seeds... will it be that bad?
The leaves shrivel up like tea leaves.

I water cured a plant that self pollenated small bits of itself. Just a few nanners not a full hermie. After curing, I've come across a couple dozen, fully developed seeds. None of them hatched during the cure (*I suppose I should test some to see if they're viable) I've heard it said that seeds need to dry out after harvest before they'll pop. Don't really have the experience to speak on that except to say my water cured nanner seeds didn't sprout during the cure.

..... Add .......

* Did the wet paper towel thing on 3 nanner seeds and all 3 popped. You'll excuse me if I don't finish the whole 160 day grow period.

Last edited:

strawberryDK

melvin2 said:
So the water makes a difference, eh?Yes, if you use reversed osmosis water you get the purest water, thus no calcium, Phosphate, nitrates among others..

Off topic, I find a couple things interesting strawberryDK (and this is just my own curious brain doing its thing but I don't mean anything by it). I'm assuming you responded to my last post, but I can't figure out how you knew which post was mine from the first page of this thread. And then to break your two year silence to make a first post giving me a tip, I'm just like, huh? :)
Heh.. Thats what curious brains work.. Well, you see.. I made a profile inhere years ago, but got engaged in a local portal in my native language, so i kinda spend my time there.. But recently i have been looking inhere for some needed info, saw that there were made an forum in my language and decided to use icmag as my primary.. So i was just a coincidence that it was your post i replied to first.. (nice of you to notice it) :rasta: I hope it didnt offend anyone.. I wasnt trying to be a smartass, i just recently discovered Pure-Water and use nothing but, so since i have had so many good experiences, i just wanted to share the knowledge.. It also has a noticeable effect on plants growth and most definately an bigger difference in taste. The pure water makes it easier for the water to obtain the fertilizers and the plant will easier obtain and use nutrients. But it still has a small "disadvantage". Since the water really IS pure, theres no natural salts or other normal microbes, so it has to be dealt with using additives.. (May sound a little wierd to purify water, just to add some things, but everything is under your control)

But again, sorry if i were out of line.. No harm ment..

Peace and happy vibeZz Baba.. :smoke:

Last edited:

Dreamscape

excellent read!

What I'm REALLY curious about is when you see nuggets that look like and resemble the picture nitetiger posted on page 7 , is it a gaurantee that they've been water cured?

I recently came across some kush that HIGHLY resembled that look of bud , really dark in color , weak smell but still crystaline. Could you get that look from something else like a certain type of nute burn or bad water or exposure to light when curing ??

I dont want to play around too much with theoretical's here either , atleast not from rookies :)

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Dreamscape said:
excellent read!

What I'm REALLY curious about is when you see nuggets that look like and resemble the picture nitetiger posted on page 7 , is it a gaurantee that they've been water cured?

I recently came across some kush that HIGHLY resembled that look of bud , really dark in color , weak smell but still crystaline. Could you get that look from something else like a certain type of nute burn or bad water or exposure to light when curing ??

I dont want to play around too much with theoretical's here either , atleast not from rookies :)

Nope, no guarantee. Might just be crap weed :biglaugh:

If it was something you were smoking with someone from their own stash, you may have met someone from this thread :)

If it was bought, I'd say it's highly unlikely it was water cured. Probably just a naturally dark strain with a low odor. The key will be in how it smokes. Very very smooth, with nil odor in the smoke, and just a very light taste, if any at all, could be water cured.

Last edited:
Excellent Thread!!! I love making edibles and will try water curing in a week or so. NiteTiger, I read what happened to you and I am so sorry. I hope things start to move in your favor soon, take care bud.
--
TB4U
:joint:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
I'm water curring some bud right now. I'm using distilled water. I don't have an ppm meter. Tomorrow is day 7 when I'm supposed to hang them to dry, but the water was still REALLY stinky when I changed it today. Wondering if it's ok to soak them for a nother day or so, or should I not worry about the smell? Any help appreciated.

HIGH EVERYONE?

I am glad I found this thread,I have heard about water curing for a while but could not find a tutorial.Really good collection of data from everyone here.I have to give this a try on a few nugs come harvest.This would have saved my ass on some emergency early harvests if I had only known. I am really interested in water curing all of my trim that I use for edibles and iso hash.I had wondered about adding a small amount of Hydrogen peroxide to the water to flush out chlorophyll,I wouldn't do this to bud or trim destined for edibles.But I thought if I were just extracting the thc with iso anyway,who cares what the trim looks like.I would like it as bleached out as possible albino even.If you have ever made quick iso hash,you know that you wind up with a jar of emerald colored 99% isopropyl alcohol.lol That green is the chlorophyll .I believe if I leach out my shake with water,I will get better colored and cleaner hash.I have also considered light bleaching with U.V. light.I have read that the U.V. may actually improve the trichs do to molecular changes in the resin head and resin stalk.U.V.B.light spectrum is supposed to bring equatorial strains into full flower.From my understanding of geography, California does not get UVB rays from the sun except southern Cal around the San Diego area.I am in the SF bay area so if I sun bleach,I won't benefit from UVB trich enhancement,but the UVA sunrays we get will light bleach it.I use Pure vanilla extract as an odor remover in my butter,it works great.But if water curing can take the funk out of shake,my edibles will be even better.This may not be the holy grail for curing weed,but I bet it makes my cookies taste even better and my hash even cleaner too. If anyone water cures their trim or uses 3% hydrogen peroxide to bleach out chlorophyll,I would like to hear your results. I have also read that if you keep your plants in 24 hours darkness for a few days before you harvest,plants are supposed to lose lose their chlorophyll and green color due to light starvation. I would like to know how many days darkness will remove the clorophyll and do the trichs amber up in the darkness.Thanks for all the experienced based reports.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
I wouldn't worry about the peroxide. The water is going to leach the chlorophyll anyway. If you look back in the thread, you'll see where I put a water cured nug side by side with an air cured. I noted that it was interesting that the purple stayed where the green was gone.

wow,NiteTiger that was a quick answer ,and I have not read the entire thread yet.But now I am a little confused because I thought the purple and red color pigments were actually water soluble.And someone mentioned their water turning purple when they made bubble bag hash with a purple strain,on another thread don't remember if it was on IC.

I had Erkle give me purple hash before so I don't know. If I water cure my Purple kush won't I lose the purple as well as the green pigments?I am baffled by your results,because in theory the purple pigments are supposed to be water soluble.But they are also the latent color that is hidden by the green during veg.Maybe purple pigments brought on by cold are water soluble.but the latent colors masked by the chlorophyll are not.What do you think?

NiteTiger

Veteran
Look at the processes you're talking about, and you'll find your answer. In making bubble hash, you agitate the trim and water, which is going to damage the plant material and release some pigmentation into the water.

Purple dry sift would be the same principle, although there are some plants where the trichs themselves are actually purple. I believe Purple Urkle is one of them.

However, in water curing, you're specifically trying to avoid agitating the buds, which means your purple trichs stay in place, as well as the purple in the leaves and bud themselves. :yes:

QUESTION!!!

I have watercured some herb and it's drying off on a cake cooling rack with 2 fans blowing on it. I need to make some canna butter tomorrow, do I even need to dry it or can I just cook with it as is (wet)? If anyone can let me know ASAP, I'd appreciate it. If I can't cook with them wet then I need to go buy a dehydrator tonight, so the sooner I can get an answer the better. Thanks guys!
--
TB4U

BC420h

Question

Question

Does any1 know if water cureing can be used to salvage plants with bud rot?
I have eight plants that suffered prety heavy bud rot from a few days of heavy rain about 2 weeks before harvest.
I harvested the plants today 10 days early and
i would be thrilled if i can get something out of them
i can smoke. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Pic_0525_008.jpg

Pic_0525_009.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts