What's new

Washington State Grower's Networking & Discussion Thread

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Starting a thread to try and connect those of us on icmag living in Washington state, post up and say hey! Discussion about good local deals on grow supplies, current grows, outdoor growing experiences/yields, current street prices etc are encouraged.

:smoke out:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Hey, I'm from the Bonney Lake area here in Wa State.

:woohoo: First Poster, whatup fellow Washingtonian JimmyWeed! I used to set up a fruit stand in Bonney Lake, across from the Woodside Manor RV Park in the gravel turnout on 214th Ave E like 8-10 years ago.

JimmyWeed

:woohoo: First Poster, whatup fellow Washingtonian JimmyWeed! I used to set up a fruit stand in Bonney Lake, across from the Woodside Manor RV Park in the gravel turnout on 214th Ave E like 8-10 years ago.

Yep, right down the road from where I live. They banned people from selling there two years ago. I only have 4 grows under my belt, but this year is going pretty good thus far. Looking into getting some strains from Ace Seeds for the 2020 grow season.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator

Yep, right down the road from where I live. They banned people from selling there two years ago. I only have 4 grows under my belt, but this year is going pretty good thus far. Looking into getting some strains from Ace Seeds for the 2020 grow season.

We had to stop sooner than that because the people who sold firewood there in the winter season caused a bad accident. Police told us no more selling there, Im surprised people were using it in the time between then and 2 years ago.

My step dad owned Farm Direct Produce. We used to rent the property and had a fruit stand on the corner of Pioneer and Orting Highway near Sumner also around the same time, but Spooner Farms bought the property to kick us off of it lol.

Had another fruit stand near the Safeway in Graham on 224th and in Spanaway on the corner where the Spanaway Deli is at. Before step dad closed the business and it became Dave's Produce, we leased the property at 94th and 144th near Tacoma Boys Puyallup store for a season 2013-2014 also.

Ive been growing for 7.5 years, mostly indoor soiless/hydroponics. Currently on my 3rd grow using organics/soil and also my 3rd outdoor attempt, last year I lost my plants end of May lol. 2017 and 2018 had great sun all through May, this season 2019 hardly any Sun till end of May. Plants have been growing slowly and I feel behind this season, hoping June and July are nicer.

Havent tried any Ace seeds myself but see alot of good things, Im a bagseed grower lol.

JimmyWeed

We had to stop sooner than that because the people who sold firewood there in the winter season caused a bad accident. Police told us no more selling there, Im surprised people were using it in the time between then and 2 years ago.

My step dad owned Farm Direct Produce. We used to rent the property and had a fruit stand on the corner of Pioneer and Orting Highway near Sumner also around the same time, but Spooner Farms bought the property to kick us off of it lol.

Had another fruit stand near the Safeway in Graham on 224th and in Spanaway on the corner where the Spanaway Deli is at. Before step dad closed the business and it became Dave's Produce, we leased the property at 94th and 144th near Tacoma Boys Puyallup store for a season 2013-2014 also.

Ive been growing for 8.5 years, mostly indoor soiless/hydroponics. Currently on my 3rd grow using organics/soil and also my 3rd outdoor attempt, last year I lost my plants end of May lol. 2017 and 2018 had great sun all through May, this season 2019 hardly any Sun till end of May. Plants have been growing slowly and I feel behind this season, hoping June and July are nicer.

Havent tried any Ace seeds myself but see alot of good things, Im a bagseed grower lol.

I grow organically and make a Super Soil using a modified Subcool recipe. I'm using my tent for Flower. Lights are Electric Sky ES300 Leds. Right now I have a Jack Herer, week 10. She's getting cut down this Sunday. 4 Gorilla Glues #4 in week 6 and a micro clone from the Jack Herer. I gave 8 clones away to my neighbor. Outside in 3 - 5 gal smart pots, we have a GDP, LSD, Green Crack CBD in week 4, 2 Critical CBD's in week 3 and 2 more Critical CBD's @ 14 days. I'm into making Infused oils, tinctures and a pain salve for aches and pains.

Starting a thread to try and connect those of us on icmag living in Washington state, post up and say hey! Discussion about good local deals on grow supplies, current grows, outdoor growing experiences/yields, current street prices etc are encouraged.

I really want to share some cuts of the Lifted OG (Rare Dankness 501st OG x Exotic Genetix Cookies And Cream) and Gabriel Cannabis Gummo (Orange Bud x Bubble Gum) plants I have going, both plants came from seeds in $40+ eighths from the recreational shops.
:smoke out:
Thanks for starting this! I was on another forum until recently (still there, just less active), and I never found another WA grower. At least, not one who was interesting in chatting about it. I like that there is a whole WA section here!

That's pretty sweet that you found some bagseed from the dispensary! Never found a seed in my dispensary flower, but I only buy a few brands and not high quantity. Maybe I've smoked some and never knew!

I'm trying some Ace genetics in my next grow too! I'm planning on running their Bangi Haze along with a Y Griega from Medical Seeds Co., and next grow will probably be Zamaldelica and Malawi x PCK.

I also saw your comment about your move to indoor and super soil. I've been using variations on Clackamas Coot's no-till/organic soil recipe for the last few years, and I love it! Way better than pHing every feeding and watering. My flower tastes and smells better too. Where are your Jack Herer genetics from? I acquired some Greenhouse Seeds JH, but I'm not super eager to pop them since I have Ace genetics around too.

DrDee

Long Beach Peninsula

Long Beach Peninsula

Hi Guys,
I'm way out on the coast of Long Beach peninsula...can hear the surf today.

Just doing a personal use grow in a spare room. I like sativas like some here. Harvested 3 different phenos of Golden Tiger recently, in jars now. Zameldelica next...I think. Got some Strawberry Dog Shit freebies that I wanted to pop.

Growing under cmh and led combo...some hydro, some coco. My Matanuska Thunderfuck was a hit with everyone who smoked it.

Love to be able to share ideas .

Interested party here always in search of trim and other materials to run in my lab

Where are you at in WA lefty?

Cheers,
JD

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
western side of the sound between Elliot Bay and Hood Canal here.
not seeking fame nor fortune, but it is interesting about sharing seeds/cuts openly on a forum that promotes selling seed. brass it might be, or just foolishness.
WA doesn't allow personal grows either, so another aspect i'd avoid advertising.
i know i know, LEOs low priority. there are five rec stores within ten miles to keep it that way too, in town of just 12K...
just letting it be known i live here (beyond my control) and would rather be on the east side of the state where outside they get some sun. garden didn't do so well this year because of the clouds and low temps. and just as the day-length is right for flowering the rain returns with mold and rot.

DrDee

western side of the sound between Elliot Bay and Hood Canal here.
not seeking fame nor fortune, but it is interesting about sharing seeds/cuts openly on a forum that promotes selling seed. brass it might be, or just foolishness.
WA doesn't allow personal grows either, so another aspect i'd avoid advertising.
i know i know, LEOs low priority. there are five rec stores within ten miles to keep it that way too, in town of just 12K...
just letting it be known i live here (beyond my control) and would rather be on the east side of the state where outside they get some sun. garden didn't do so well this year because of the clouds and low temps. and just as the day-length is right for flowering the rain returns with mold and rot.

edited my post

Shooters

Hi All! I've been here in SW Wa for 10 years now. I've been running my own medical grows indoor and green house for some time now.

In the fall of 2018 I started working for BMB (Bad Monkey Bud) and Elevate Cannabis Co. They have two tier two farms out of Rochester WA. We did some seriously large grows outdoors this year.

Here some pics right before harvest at BMB:

CCP and others
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi All! I've been here in SW Wa for 10 years now. I've been running my own medical grows indoor and green house for some time now.

In the fall of 2018 I started working for BMB (Bad Monkey Bud) and Elevate Cannabis Co. They have two tier two farms out of Rochester WA. We did some seriously large grows outdoors this year.

Here some pics right before harvest at BMB:

CCP and others
View Image

View Image

View Image
Hi, Shooters! Beautiful flowers -love how that frost looks, contrasting with the dark color of the flowers!

Shooters

First Harvest of 2020 we took down this 250 plant LED grow of Blueberry (front), Duct Tape (center) and TC Lemon Dosidos (back) yesterday.

picture.php

Shooters

Last fall I answered a Craigslist ad for harvest help in the Rochester area. I was instructed to an interview at Starbucks the next morning. They liked what they saw and gave me a working interview, I worked hard and followed instructions, so they kept bringing me back for harvests and resets, then this last spring bumped me up to a full time grower position.

Now they use Indeed instead of Craigslist, but the format was the same from there, meet and greet at Starbucks followed by a working interview. I was applying to all the cannabis jobs I saw within a 30 mile area, they were the only ones to actually talk to me though.