What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Washington State Grower's Networking & Discussion Thread

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I was applying to all the cannabis jobs I saw within a 30 mile area, they were the only ones to actually talk to me though.

^Thats what I was curious about exactly. Since 2017 Ive been actively applying to like every grower/trimmer/harvest and budtender/manager opening Ive found within reasonable distance to me as soon as posted on craigslist or Indeed and had shit luck getting interviews.

Shooters

I had been at my search since before 502 just in the medical side and still nothing till Elevate and BMB came along. And in a place that I didn't expect to find work, just twelve minute from home.

therevverend

Veteran
Yeah Ibechillin I think you know you're mistake. Most of the 502 employees I've talked to don't know shit about growing. Including the ones working at grow facilities.

Shooters, I saw your ice buds what strain was that? How'd it do for mold? I'm surprised anything in western Washington was able to go until first frost without at least some boytritis.

thailer

it has nothing to do with your age. honestly your age is good for that industry. as someone who is pushing forty, the two places i got work at all had people around age 25. there were a few older people who were 30, but i was super old.

also, the first place i worked at said they do not hire growers but they made an exception for me. they won't hire growers who have "opinions" and so that gig lasted 6 weeks.... then i found a job working for a no till soil farm who was looking for people with experience. other than that, if you want to work for minimum wage with not much opportunity to advance because those higher positions are filled by the owners family and personal friends. they are hiring for grunt workers. i basically left discouraged that there's no future or career without opening up one yourself (which i don't advise)

there's a red barn in Roy, wa that still has a medical market low key and obviously black on the weekends inside a 502 retail store. i'm too nervous to go there but so far i think they haven't had any issues. if you're looking for an easy way to be your own boss.

Shooters

Yeah Ibechillin I think you know you're mistake. Most of the 502 employees I've talked to don't know shit about growing. Including the ones working at grow facilities.

Shooters, I saw your ice buds what strain was that? How'd it do for mold? I'm surprised anything in western Washington was able to go until first frost without at least some boytritis.

The center plant in those pics was Cherry Cream Pie, we did lose some to mold, no botrytis though, mostly in the Key Lime Pie, Hells Kitchen, and a few others. All the cookies did well like Animal Cookies, White Tahoe Cookies, and the forum cut GSC, Grease Monkey did awesome and even the Bruce Banner.

We put a lot of effort into that outdoor, lots of bottom trimming, defoliating, and dead leafing, and it paid off.

thailer

So i heard today that washington is going to vote in a couple days on HB 2546 - 2019-20 which would lower the legal limit of cannabis concentrates to 10% due to the studies that have came out saying that cannabis causes psychosis and leads to schizophrenia. however, if you are a card holding medical patient that is registered with the state, you can buy these higher concentrates with no issue.

lucky for me, i do not dab. gonna be a lot of sad people in a few days.

therevverend

Veteran
Wow that concentrate bill is terrible. It's 'in committee' so it's got a long way to go to pass. It's shocking how bad of a job the state has done regulating cannabis. Can you call a 10% solution of cannabis 'concentrated'? Considering most flowers are much more potent, even 2 or 3 times as much. 10% is their limit for edibles, I'm guessing it upsets them that people can ingest Simpson oil that's 90% THC. It's 'not fair' to the people making edibles by their logic. The majority of hash oil is dabbed, the point of this is to burn less plant matter and crap. To spare your lungs.

Hashish of course is also a concentrate. I can imagine the silliness of grinding up plant matter to add to the resin glands to cut the potency down to the legal limit. It's hard to find real hashish at the Rec stores. (not that I shop at Rec stores) When I searched around I found this guy:

https://www.thestranger.com/weed/2018/08/29/31437789/the-most-exotic-hash-on-the-market

My favorite bit is this:

Washington's pot processors just don't seem to know how to make traditional, old-world hash, which is why Saad protects his trade secret in a locked room with a glove on the door handle.

Hilarious. Never know when the competition is going to send a spy. Probably doesn't want the Washington pot snobs and Liquor Control board to know the Afghan with the dirty toenails is behind the locked door!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSziwh7srIk

I kind of hope it passes, because it'll fuck the industry up sideways. All the outdoor growers sell their flowers to the Oil Makers because they can't afford to pay someone to trim it. The price is too low and everybody knows 'outdoor sucks'. Considering Eastern Washington is basically Afghanistan West I don't understand why anyone with a choice would buy indoor. Or buy oil instead of hashish. Doesn't it clog up everyone's little Chinese dabulators? Oh boy.

thailer

the bill mentions that concentrates are 40% of the total sales so if the only people who are allowed to buy it are people who are brave enough to get their recognition card, i think sales will go down and it would get repealed anyhow. i don't know anyone who has gotten their recognition card besides myself. once it went legal, it seems like more people have quit getting their authorization and just don't care anymore. why would you sign up with the state when they don't even check anyone unless you get a complaint.

well i bet the line will be long at the pot doctor again.

Wow that concentrate bill is terrible. It's 'in committee' so it's got a long way to go to pass. It's shocking how bad of a job the state has done regulating cannabis. Can you call a 10% solution of cannabis 'concentrated'? Considering most flowers are much more potent, even 2 or 3 times as much. 10% is their limit for edibles, I'm guessing it upsets them that people can ingest Simpson oil that's 90% THC. It's 'not fair' to the people making edibles by their logic. The majority of hash oil is dabbed, the point of this is to burn less plant matter and crap. To spare your lungs.

Hashish of course is also a concentrate. I can imagine the silliness of grinding up plant matter to add to the resin glands to cut the potency down to the legal limit. It's hard to find real hashish at the Rec stores. (not that I shop at Rec stores) When I searched around I found this guy:

https://www.thestranger.com/weed/2018/08/29/31437789/the-most-exotic-hash-on-the-market

My favorite bit is this:

Hilarious. Never know when the competition is going to send a spy. Probably doesn't want the Washington pot snobs and Liquor Control board to know the Afghan with the dirty toenails is behind the locked door!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSziwh7srIk

I kind of hope it passes, because it'll fuck the industry up sideways. All the outdoor growers sell their flowers to the Oil Makers because they can't afford to pay someone to trim it. The price is too low and everybody knows 'outdoor sucks'. Considering Eastern Washington is basically Afghanistan West I don't understand why anyone with a choice would buy indoor. Or buy oil instead of hashish. Doesn't it clog up everyone's little Chinese dabulators? Oh boy.
Nice article! Are they still selling their hash in WA dispensaries? Curious to try it. The processor's website is down, but I'll check a few local menus later.

I agree that this bill is terrible. Our state is more focused on preserving and increasing tax revenues than on facilitating the growth of an emerging market or even taking care of patients. My hope is that with federal deregulation (one day), our state will adopt some more common sense laws. Not likely, but one can hope.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
it's all about the benjamins for the legislators.
where do you think the lobby get their money?
threw patients under the bus for a dime. smh
gotta believe the producers are kicking in bucks too.

reducing the potency increases profit for the edibles, less for more...same thing nixon and henry kaiser did for HMOs.

therevverend

Veteran
Nice article! Are they still selling their hash in WA dispensaries? Curious to try it. The processor's website is down, but I'll check a few local menus later.

Got distracted and forgot to mention..I checked a couple months ago, they had it at a dispensary in Renton. $30-40 a gram which is ridiculous but I'd still like to pick one up just to sample. I also found these guys when I was searching around.

https://americanhashmakers.com/home

Looks like good stuff if it's full melt. From a look at their website and product line they don't seem to be setting the world on fire. Hashish has always been a secondary market in the USA compared to buds. I always thought full melt sifted hashish would be the next big thing when cannabis was legalized, I didn't anticipate how popular the oil would become. I think it's the vaporizer technology that's made it so popular. It's still a pain in the ass to smoke with my pipes, joints and a lighter, you need specialized dab gear which is an expense I don't want to deal with.

Got distracted and forgot to mention..I checked a couple months ago, they had it at a dispensary in Renton. $30-40 a gram which is ridiculous but I'd still like to pick one up just to sample. I also found these guys when I was searching around.

https://americanhashmakers.com/home

Looks like good stuff if it's full melt. From a look at their website and product line they don't seem to be setting the world on fire. Hashish has always been a secondary market in the USA compared to buds. I always thought full melt sifted hashish would be the next big thing when cannabis was legalized, I didn't anticipate how popular the oil would become. I think it's the vaporizer technology that's made it so popular. It's still a pain in the ass to smoke with my pipes, joints and a lighter, you need specialized dab gear which is an expense I don't want to deal with.
Thanks for the link! That is pricey, but I'm curious to try, if I can find some on the north end of the lake. I'll look around. I generally stick with pesticide free and organic input brands, but it's not always possible to do that if you're specific about strain/product.

I'm a younger guy, but I don't get the craze about oils and concentrates. I much prefer flower and adding hash or kief if I want more of a kick or a different experience.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
we see law in action here, a group of politicians wrote a thing that means an agreement with the distillate step on with cut petroleum distillate synthesized chemicals literally

with some language about safety to human health, mandating a poison 90% cut
in contaminated toxic grade whole plant washes of poor quality not good enough to sell herb

This is a perfect place to mention that all distillate cartridges have false numbers printed on them to date, the lab test stickers are complete bullshi†. I mean, 100% of cartridges are bull shi† 100% of the time. And this law has no place when they are one of the first states to legalize it belongs to them most likely.

all of the apples that are not organic suck even organic apples suck and there is no commercial organic cannabis on any shelves anywhere

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
chase after some more conservative areas to try and make a chess move on progressive or liberal people in California

backwords asking all of the worms for backup first to reveal as a small piece of shi† snake

Earlmarne

Shit, this is cool. I stick to myself in the mountains up here on the far east side. Had to do all my learning on the forum. Always jealous of these folks that have grow buddys.

Drop That Sound

Hey guys,

So I've been looking into setting up year round microgreen container gardening on a decent scale... I just don't really see anything other than home/hobby gardening cannabis as worth it anymore and don't really support 502 or the lottery winner grunt masters either, so that's kinda where I'm at these days.

I could see a few 45' semi dry van trailers all decked out with racks of veggie greens, sprouting under cheap screw in LED bulbs, and even use NFT trays so its all automated watering. You basically need nothing but air water and light, so its even cleaner than organic. "Pure" is the better term although you can use nutes. Looks like it can be quite profitable, people supposedly making up to 100k a year, check out vids on YT!. Selling wholesale, to restaraunts, chefs, farmer markets.

I would spray foam an old gutted RV trailer, and hook a coolbot with a window ac\generator up, and could make deliveries all over western WA with my ghetto reefer trailer. Or even make a food truck business using only the stuff i grow for the business..

Hope its not too off topic but just wanted to chime in here anyway.

thailer

i don't want to sound negative but i've come to find that people who say they are doing great on YT, in reality are not doing that great so they have tons of time to video edit and produce these videos to try and get money from YT because their plan isn't working. i think someone who is selling 100k of microgreens and also growing it too, wouldn't have enough time to spend on making videos. my two cents.

i did see someone who was a hobby grower of cannabis, start a microgreens business that did pretty well using shelves with lights and cloning trays with some sort of capillary mat/dome to germinate and grow them. basically uses humidity so they're clean of soil for restaurants. eventually he quit posting after he got successful. i think he was generating 35-40k and working in his spare time. he would take the trays with dome right over to the restaurants and it sounds cheap/easy to do.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I really like yt, it has great videos on a number of subjects. But there is heaps of bullshit to wade through. I have seen those microgreen videos and im calling bullshit.

Sconeofark

Hamsterdam here. Upper Left Corner of Whacky Whatcom Co

I adore YT, in spite of it's clickbaity monitizaty attention whoring platform.

When I upload a plant video;

[YOUTUBEIF]MNwsXFWpMWg[/YOUTUBEIF]

There is nothing micro about it

Latest posts

Latest posts