What's new

War

EastCoastGambit

I think after 2000+ years its nonsensical to attempt to figure out who the "real" chosen people of G_D like they like to spell it, are.

In my opinion, they do not exist. No one in present day should even try to claim it.

Ancient religion is very mysterious and captivating. I do not pretend to know much. As humans we are fascinated with this early theology. From what I could tell it was very difficult to be accepted into the Hebrew/Judaic clan by Abraham, Jacob, & Isaac. Most were not worthy. The god of that time was quite vengeful to all that were not perfect, us humans, god's flawed creation.

How any Jew can feel they are god's people knowing how high the bar is for acceptance and how most of the tribes were outcasts is laughable. Now I am not religious so I can accept there are decent flawed people and even some really good people that are less flawed, both in their thoughts and actions. I don't think anyone is going to be punished for their life on Earth; however, I do think the soul and consciousness are mysterious things.

I just find it ridiculous that these zealots and hypocrites can even begin to believe they are the chosen people on some destiny from god. Furthermore, if the story is true, aren't the people(s) that build the 3rd temple supposedly going to worship the antichrist? Why align yourself with that?

Maybe the aliens should hurry up and get here, they may be the god(s) people worship after all. Take the gold and be done with us.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see echos of the Vietnam protests in what is going on in US universities, it's a rather positive affirmation that my generation hasn't gone the complacent way of our parents
Are you Gen Z? This is the generation protesting (mostly) and Milennials are the old out of touch folks.

igrowone

Veteran
I think after 2000+ years its nonsensical to attempt to figure out who the "real" chosen people of G_D like they like to spell it, are.

In my opinion, they do not exist. No one in present day should even try to claim it.

Ancient religion is very mysterious and captivating. I do not pretend to know much. As humans we are fascinated with this early theology. From what I could tell it was very difficult to be accepted into the Hebrew/Judaic clan by Abraham, Jacob, & Isaac. Most were not worthy. The god of that time was quite vengeful to all that were not perfect, us humans, god's flawed creation.

How any Jew can feel they are god's people knowing how high the bar is for acceptance and how most of the tribes were outcasts is laughable. Now I am not religious so I can accept there are decent flawed people and even some really good people that are less flawed, both in their thoughts and actions. I don't think anyone is going to be punished for their life on Earth; however, I do think the soul and consciousness are mysterious things.

I just find it ridiculous that these zealots and hypocrites can even begin to believe they are the chosen people on some destiny from god. Furthermore, if the story is true, aren't the people(s) that build the 3rd temple supposedly going to worship the antichrist? Why align yourself with that?

Maybe the aliens should hurry up and get here, they may be the god(s) people worship after all. Take the gold and be done with us.
(y)

moose eater

Moose you're a smart guy so I'm sure you noticed that my statement was that accusations of collective guilt are pure deeply linked to antisemitism and genocide.

If I'm wrong and if Israel is indeed genociding Palestinian people in Gaza, then I'll have my share of collective guilt to process because of my words here, because I will have rhetorically supported the commission of genocide. I won't deny it.

Here's a song about pitfalls in processing collective guilt and antisemitism

Israel has made their goals clear, not only through Bibi's blatant and clear statements about his intentions for Gaza, but through the statements of IDF under his administration and those in between and around them. They intend to empty Gaza of Palestinians and have continued to assault those areas they claimed were 'safe zones'.

In every war, members of the nations involved are put at a disadvantage by the actions of their 'leadership' (a broad use of the term if ever there was), and suffer as a result, regardless of where they stood or on which side of their domestic protest or picket lines. Israelis are no different, and any claims that "well, they're Jewish, so for them to suffer cumulatively is antisemitic" surpasses the realistic bounds of rational thought.

It is Israel's Zionist Nationalist Fascists who are at least passively, if not overtly supported by their population as a whole. That's why they continue to win elections, unless they're rigging it. (Which is always possible. I strongly suspect Bibi was involved in the assassination of Rabin; all of the pieces fit, not to mention Bibi's use of a noose as a prop as his crew walked the casket down the street in the campaign, which should've tipped the proverbial hand to the populace that he was the same person who'd committed terroristic actions toward others, to include Palestinians. Yet, they elected him anyway. Cumulative guilt? You betcha').

And all of those settlers, wherever they're from, whether already Israeli citizens simply wanting nicer water-front property in Gaza, or from NYC and feeling some embellished sense of 'roots' that drive them to steal from others and/or kill (the others), are taking part in war crimes voluntarily for personal greed and gain, based on a willingness to pervert an abstract and obscure limited passage from their 'Holy Book', which many of their own rabbis and Hasidic Jews already identify as a blasphemous interpretation that takes their God's authority out of his/(Her) hands, and casts their decision-making as Godly, rather than mere humble human.. Shame on those motherfuckers... forever. Sounds a lot like the exceptionalism among Columbus and those after him who, engaging in blatant 'rights of conquest', when they claimed the New World was for them as a result of (superiority and their God(s). Utter bullshit that opportunists feed themselves on the regular, which makes them an inherent threat to any remaining life here as we mere Lilliputians know it.. Neutralize that fucking threat. A legit outcome at this point.

The 75-year-old war is prosecuted by Israel under its current administration. Once and if criminal prosecutions begin for war crimes and/or launching of greater weapons systems ensues, by third parties (which has already begun as a result of Israel's brazen actions in Damascus that the Primadonna's seem to think shouldn't result in any retaliation; must be nice to have such a grandiose image of one's self importance as to see oneself as God's chosen, eh?), the prospect of someone hollering "But wait, they're Jewish!! This is antisemitism" pales in contrast to anything real or grounded in this reality. But might be proper grounds for a psych analysis and a 72-hour hold in a padded room.

They will suffer economically, infrastructurally, personally, and elsewise, for being on the wrong fucking side of history and universal morality. Just like many miscreant nations before them. They're no exception to social physics.

If you're still debating that Bibi and his criminal ilk/crew intend genocide in Gaza, then I'd say you're not hearing clearly, because the admissions are all there in plain view. They aren't even trying to dance around them anymore.

And that would be a religiously based bias that requires some serious analysis. And, in that it involves focused crimes against Palestinians, the original Semites, one might even accuse someone of being 'antisemitic.'

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

moose eater

Maybe just assessing who the UN's majority already identifies as the rightful inhabitants of Gaza; the Palestinians.

Even the USA knows this, somewhat openly acknowledges it, and mentions the 'illegal occupation(s).' They simply have too much politically and militarily at stake to take it to the point of telling Bibi to "get the fuck out, or else..."

If the Big, Bad Papa, the world-policing USA, won't tell Bibi, then it'll likely be left up to someone else. Perhaps Iran.

And the USA's incessant covering of Bibi's and his predecessors' asses via their unilateral veto authority at the UN has -amplified- the unrest and conflict, because few rational people will lay down to be treated as third-class citizens of any world, and most especially when it's their homes going up in smoke, being bulldozed, or having their families killed and raped.

But yeah, in general, our species deserved the mushroom cloud a long time ago, just based on the presentations we make as invasive species, per dictionary definitions, and if there's any real evidence of possible metaphysically generated miracles, it's the fact that our self-serving, self-destructive, greedy asses have had nukes for 4/5 of a century and still haven't turned ourselves to radioactive clouds and dust. Though that could be just as easily argued to be the fruit of some sort of Anti-Christ, too. A miracle in either case, imo.

Last edited:

GenghisKush

Jews were chosen by god to introduce the idea of monotheism to the world. That's all.

That story only has any power if you choose to believe it does.

The word antisemite (Antisemit, in the original German) means, unambiguously, one who hates Jews. It was coined by Wilhelm Marr in 1881 because it sounded more "scientific" than Judenhass. It has no connection to the so-called Semitic languages, or the medieval race category of the so-called Semitic people. It is merely a word. A confusing word.

Some of the confusion comes from its use in bad faith arguments. Admittedly, it is often difficult to discern what arguments are made in bad faith, and which are merely born of ignorance.

moose eater

Yes, there's some 'bad faith' or ignorance ensuing... The manipulative Nationalist Zionists don't get to lay claim to anything and everything they opportunistically set their eyes on.. Even if in their religiocentric and grandiose view of themselves and the world as their oyster, they have deluded themselves into -thinking- they do...

moose eater

>>>""Jews were chosen by god to introduce the idea of monotheism to the world. That's all.""<<<

Must be nice, not to mention convenient, to write oneself into such a pivotal and important role in history, assuming the writing wasn't mere human opportunism at its customary finest and was really based in metaphysical instruction.

But then, even -that- God is reported to have sent them into the desert for 40 years for their egocentric, gullible bullshit. More technically for the sin of idolatry, golden calves and all that stuff; a lot like the idolatry they apply to Bibi and his opportunistic Nationalist Zionist goons' interpretation of that obscure passage.

'Idolatry'. Just as much a sin today as it was over 2,000 years ago, from what I understand.

moose eater

There is no god, moose.
Being a bit humbler, I am an Agnostic. I'll wait and see. But in the meantime, I'm certainly not going to be so fucking grandiose as to claim my yet-unseen mythical being is more real than another's and use that bullshit as a profitable stance from which to steal my neighbor's belongings... or kill and rape them...

moose eater

If god exists, may he help you find peace, moose.
I have greater and greater peace everyday.

I've accepted mortality and then some, even celebrating it to some degree, make the most of those days I can, and accept our imperfection as a species as it is, while standing against its abuses, and sometimes mocking its self-aggrandizing bullshit at every turn...

I have great dope, good acid, awesome hash, some well-preserved psilocybin, good craft beer and tequila, my home's paid for, my vehicles are more or less well maintained, my boiler is an advanced, efficient thing in good condition, the oil tank has lots in it, I have a suitable social distance from my blind-to-their-hypocrisy neighbors (who now know better than to shit in my Wheaties), good meat and fish in the freezer, my well runs clear and odorless (even if it has more total hardness and calcium carbonate than I'd prefer), (Edit: two of the best German shepherd dogs in the world to love me, and me them), access to some of the most wild and beautiful natural habitat and its resources remaining in this world, and unlike many, some degree of fore-knowledge of my end. Stuff that's taken a lifetime to accrue and appreciate... including perspective.

Even most of my immediate family is becoming glued back together with some measurable amount of greater awareness of and adherence to humility and acceptance, however minute, that the Sun doesn't revolve around them or their plastic, chrome-plated tiaras.

What's not to be peaceful about in all of that?

I simply don't swallow transparently clear bullshit as acceptable. and, yes, that leaves one battle or another every day if one chooses to object to the unnecessary inequity and speed bumps in this life. No shortage of windmills to tilt at as long as there's the self-aggrandizing species, 'homosapien' at large.

A toxic invasive species if ever there was. Makes alewives and vetch seem downright functionally friendly. But they're (humans) typically ignorant enough in their blindness to themselves that they make easy targets for crass, cynical humor.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Israel has made their goals clear, not only through Bibi's blatant and clear statements about his intentions for Gaza, but through the statements of IDF under his administration and those in between and around them. They intend to empty Gaza of Palestinians and have continued to assault those areas they claimed were 'safe zones'.

In every war, members of the nations involved are put at a disadvantage by the actions of their 'leadership' (a broad use of the term if ever there was), and suffer as a result, regardless of where they stood or on which side of their domestic protest or picket lines. Israelis are no different, and any claims that "well, they're Jewish, so for them to suffer cumulatively is antisemitic" surpasses the realistic bounds of rational thought.

It is Israel's Zionist Nationalist Fascists who are at least passively, if not overtly supported by their population as a whole. That's why they continue to win elections, unless they're rigging it. (Which is always possible. I strongly suspect Bibi was involved in the assassination of Rabin; all of the pieces fit, not to mention Bibi's use of a noose as a prop as his crew walked the casket down the street in the campaign, which should've tipped the proverbial hand to the populace that he was the same person who'd committed terroristic actions toward others, to include Palestinians. Yet, they elected him anyway. Cumulative guilt? You betcha').

And all of those settlers, wherever they're from, whether already Israeli citizens simply wanting nicer water-front property in Gaza, or from NYC and feeling some embellished sense of 'roots' that drive them to steal from others and/or kill (the others), are taking part in war crimes voluntarily for personal greed and gain, based on a willingness to pervert an abstract and obscure limited passage from their 'Holy Book', which many of their own rabbis and Hasidic Jews already identify as a blasphemous interpretation that takes their God's authority out of his/(Her) hands, and casts their decision-making as Godly, rather than mere humble human.. Shame on those motherfuckers... forever. Sounds a lot like the exceptionalism among Columbus and those after him who, engaging in blatant 'rights of conquest', when they claimed the New World was for them as a result of (superiority and their God(s). Utter bullshit that opportunists feed themselves on the regular, which makes them an inherent threat to any remaining life here as we mere Lilliputians know it.. Neutralize that fucking threat. A legit outcome at this point.

The 75-year-old war is prosecuted by Israel under its current administration. Once and if criminal prosecutions begin for war crimes and/or launching of greater weapons systems ensues, by third parties (which has already begun as a result of Israel's brazen actions in Damascus that the Primadonna's seem to think shouldn't result in any retaliation; must be nice to have such a grandiose image of one's self importance as to see oneself as God's chosen, eh?), the prospect of someone hollering "But wait, they're Jewish!! This is antisemitism" pales in contrast to anything real or grounded in this reality. But might be proper grounds for a psych analysis and a 72-hour hold in a padded room.

They will suffer economically, infrastructurally, personally, and elsewise, for being on the wrong fucking side of history and universal morality. Just like many miscreant nations before them. They're no exception to social physics.

If you're still debating that Bibi and his criminal ilk/crew intend genocide in Gaza, then I'd say you're not hearing clearly, because the admissions are all there in plain view. They aren't even trying to dance around them anymore.

And that would be a religiously based bias that requires some serious analysis. And, in that it involves focused crimes against Palestinians, the original Semites, one might even accuse someone of being 'antisemitic.'
(y)

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The word antisemite (Antisemit, in the original German) means, unambiguously, one who hates Jews. It was coined by Wilhelm Marr in 1881 because it sounded more "scientific" than Judenhass. It has no connection to the so-called Semitic languages, or the medieval race category of the so-called Semitic people. It is merely a word. A confusing word.
Semitic-semantics. I suppose to believe that the word - Antisemit [antisemitisch] - was not drawn from the word Semite is a forgone conclusion and we should throw thought processes combined with Anthropology out the window. In similar spiels from wikipedia we can also become informed that the Semitic language/term is now obsolete. Someone better tell the 'Semitic speaking' people of Ethiopia.

It is within the same type of shortfall which separate the Athapaskan peoples of the Dene nation in the far west-northern reaches of North America from the southern Navajo nation who also speak Dene along with many peoples near the west coast.

"Semites​

As far back as 1704, the German philosopher and polymath Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz had identified a group of cognate languages which included Hebrew, old Punic, i.e., Carthaginian, Chaldaean, Syriac, and Ethiopic. To this group he gave the name “Arabic,” after its most widely used and widely spoken member. To call a group by the name of one of its members could easily give to confusion, and Leibniz’s nomenclature was not generally accepted.

It was not until 1781 that this group was given the name which it has retained ever since. In that year, August Ludwig Schlozer contributed an essay on this subject to a comprehensive German work on biblical and Oriental literature. According Schlozer, “from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates and from Mesopotamia down to Arabia, as is known, only one language reigned. The Syrians, Babylonians, Hebrews and Arabs were one people. Even the Phoenicians who were Hamites spoke this language, which I might call the Semitic.” Schlozer goes on to discuss other languages of the area, and tries to fit them, not very successfully, into the framework provided by Genesis 10.

“Semitic” Languages​

The idea that Semitic languages derived from one original language (by German philologists sometimes called Ursemitisch or proto-Semitic, and that the peoples speaking these languages were descended from one people, exercised considerable influence and caused some confusion.

By 1855, the French scholar Ernest Renan, one of the pioneers of Semitic philology, wrote complaining: “We can now see what an unhappy idea Eichhorn [sic; should be Schlozer apud Eichhorn] had when he gave the name of Semitic to the family of Syro-Arab languages. This name, which usage obliges us to retain, has been and will long remain the cause of a multitude of confusions.

“I repeat again that the name Semite here [Renan is referring to his pioneer study on Semitic philology] has only a purely conventional meaning: it designates the peoples who have spoken Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic or some neighboring dialect, and in no sense the people who are listed in the tenth chapter of Genesis as the descendants of Shem, who are, or at least half of them, of Aryan origin.”

Renan was of course right in pointing to the dangers of taking “the generations of the sons of Noah” as a basis for philological classification. He might have gone further. The descendants of Ham, conventionally the ancestor of the Africans, include, in addition to Egypt and Ethiopia, Canaanites and Phoenicians, who lived in the Syro-Palestinian area and spoke a language very similar to Hebrew.

Defining Race​

The confusion between race and language goes back a long way, and was compounded by the rapidly changing content of the word “race” in European and later in American usage. Serious scholars have pointed out — repeatedly and ineffectually — that “Semitic” is a linguistic and cultural classification, denoting certain languages and in some contexts the literatures and civilizations expressed in those languages.

As a kind of shorthand, it was sometimes retained to designate the speakers of those languages. At one time it might thus have had a connotation of race, when that word itself was used to designate national and cultural entities. It has nothing whatever to do with race in the anthropological sense that is now common usage. A glance at the present-day speakers of Arabic, from Khartoum to Aleppo and from Mauritania to Mosul, or even of Hebrew speakers in the modern state of Israel, will suffice to show the enormous diversity of racial types."

Cannavore

Veteran
Why aren't Arabs allowed to hate people who openly plot to steal their country? Why is that worse than the actions of Israel? Why is that anti semitism?

In Paris, far-right minister says Palestinian nation is ‘an invention of past 100 years,’ and ‘world should hear this truth’; speaks in front of Israel map that includes Jordan​

in 2021, Smotrich said there was “no such thing as Palestinians because there’s no such thing as the Palestinian people,” a comment that was met with applause and cheers from attendees, as seen in a video from the event posted online.

“Do you know who are the Palestinians?” asked the head of the ultranationalist Religious Zionism party and Israel’s finance minister. “I’m Palestinian,” he said, also mentioning his grandmother who was born in the northern Israeli town of Metula 100 years ago, and his grandfather, a 13th-generation Jerusalemite, as the “real Palestinians.”

Smotrich was speaking from a podium that featured a map of “Greater Israel” that included the territory of modern-day Jordan, in accordance with hardline aspirations by some early Zionist groups.

Smotrich has a history of making inflammatory statements against Palestinians, Arab citizens of Israel, non-Orthodox Jews, and the LGBTQ community including once declaring himself a “proud homophobe.” In 2021, he said David Ben-Gurion, Israel’s first prime minister, should have “finished the job” and kicked all Arabs out of the country when it was founded. Earlier that same year, he said members of Israel’s Arab minority communities were citizens “for now at least.”

moose eater

Why aren't Arabs allowed to hate people who openly plot to steal their country? Why is that worse than the actions of Israel? Why is that anti semitism?

In Paris, far-right minister says Palestinian nation is ‘an invention of past 100 years,’ and ‘world should hear this truth’; speaks in front of Israel map that includes Jordan​

in 2021, Smotrich said there was “no such thing as Palestinians because there’s no such thing as the Palestinian people,” a comment that was met with applause and cheers from attendees, as seen in a video from the event posted online.

“Do you know who are the Palestinians?” asked the head of the ultranationalist Religious Zionism party and Israel’s finance minister. “I’m Palestinian,” he said, also mentioning his grandmother who was born in the northern Israeli town of Metula 100 years ago, and his grandfather, a 13th-generation Jerusalemite, as the “real Palestinians.”

Smotrich was speaking from a podium that featured a map of “Greater Israel” that included the territory of modern-day Jordan, in accordance with hardline aspirations by some early Zionist groups.

Smotrich has a history of making inflammatory statements against Palestinians, Arab citizens of Israel, non-Orthodox Jews, and the LGBTQ community including once declaring himself a “proud homophobe.” In 2021, he said David Ben-Gurion, Israel’s first prime minister, should have “finished the job” and kicked all Arabs out of the country when it was founded. Earlier that same year, he said members of Israel’s Arab minority communities were citizens “for now at least.”
Because they're "God's Chosen". :)

Didn't you get the metaphysical memo that commanded our adherence to that nonsensical cult-worship??!! :)

moose eater

I'm guessing the Bedouin are a mystery to the guy.

Maybe he attended school at one of those universities that used to advertise on the backs of the old style match book covers?

moose eater

Maybe after the Third Reich's wet dreams went south so abruptly, the current German High Command is hoping to ride the coattails of the next group of sociopathic, boundary-challenged, delusional and greedy morons who have permitted themselves to believe that something that's not theirs really is theirs? You know, something along the lines of 'fascism envy.' Like penis envy, but with an even smaller dick... and a smaller brain. Certainly a smaller heart and a smaller soul.

Latest posts

Latest posts