What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wanna Ask The Old Farts A Question?

Stan G.

Never heard of making things warmer being good except when running CO2. Now one thing I do know from experience is colder temps at night can help enhance trichome developement. One of the things the resin does is help insulate the plant from cooler temps. So making it cooler at night (to a point) encourages the plant to insulate itself better. What I do is I drop my temps to 60 degrees F and drop my relative humidity to 30%. Just during flower and just during lights out. Lights on and it's 75 to 80 degrees with an rh of 50%
That may be mold not trichome development, best to keep the night temp within ten degrees of day temp to prevent mold.:tiphat:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I don't accept the falling apart of my body. Each failure is treated as a unique temporary impediment that will go away. I try to limit my motions to where the fail point is not reached. That way I can pretend the limitation does not exist.

When I lose a week of time it is harder to cope, but I find that if I do not obsess I forget about forgetting and all is well again.

I may not remember this morning but the fungus gnats of 2005 are fresh in my mind.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Why is american society languishing so quickly?

Must be a young person who did not witness the rioting and injustice that was so rampant in the 1960's. Things were going to heck rather quickly then also. We never did overcome the turmoil and while it wanders back and forth with victims, it never went away and now it is coming to the head many thought would happen with Nixon.
We dodged a bullet with Nixon, his cabinet would not obey, Trump has a different cabinet, we shall see.

While this fits the old fart definition it does not really concern growing marijuana. Possibly the higher rate of consumption is connected to the higher perception of languishing?

St. Phatty

Why is american society languishing so quickly?

Because the satisfaction that comes from working with one's hands was considered immaterial in most professions, and America outsourced its manufacturing.

Comparing life in the '60's in the US, vs. the 21st century - No Comparison.

What we have now is sort of like the Great Depression with iPods.

Part of that is related to the Federal Reserve that someone mentioned. And what is sometimes called "Management of Perceptions" economics (MOPE).

The so-called "Strong Dollar Policy", for example. The US plays all sorts of fancy games in world currency markets.

But does not ignore equity markets, so we have what is called informally "Plunge Protection Team", and formally "Working Market Assets Group" or something like that.

Reality in the '60's was more real.

Now it is more, manufactured - a lot more like the movie the Matrix, except people's reality is wired in through their eyes & ears as they stay attached to the tiny supercomputers that they call a 'telephone'.

I saw a bumper sticker that said people before profits! I believe in it but Have never seen it. Up here dispensary( the 1 and only for 50 miles) is a non profit with shit! Run by a greedy shithead! It relates to cannabis! Cannabis could solve alot of it imho!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I saw a bumper sticker that said people before profits! I believe in it but Have never seen it. Up here dispensary( the 1 and only for 50 miles) is a non profit with shit! Run by a greedy shithead! It relates to cannabis! Cannabis could solve alot of it imho!

I have given half or more of every harvest away free to folks I feel need it. This has been going on since 2004.

I think maybe I could have afforded a car, or at least plumbing if I sold the whole two pounds a month instead of 9 or 10 ounces. I make expenses and food, what else do I need?

The world is larger than a bumper sticker and a lone store owner. I am a hermit now by choice for reasons your post leads me to believe you would not understand.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
just good health ,,i hope you have it ,,i live the same way ,,good family and just enough to get by ..:tiphat:

If my health gets too good then my mind will go first, and with me being loosely wrapped to begin with...a short period of languishing is desired more than an overly long life.

My youngest daughter got the short straw and sees to it I lack no vitals. Living 12 miles north of town without water or a car makes her job difficult. She honestly does not mind while her significant other finds an unlimited supply of marijuana very much to his liking.

Very low stress, all luxuries come with the price of built in worry I will not pay.
Except for the internet coming in on the old phone line.
This connection allows my lifestyle, heck, even a hermit needs some connection to his tribe.
For example:
Yesterday my son sent a facebook photo of my week old grandson. I am now officially good to go, all is right with the world.

Speaking of photos, I was in the bud room taking pictures of the new Vanilla Kush plant when the lights went out.
So I took a photo of the same bud in Far Red, if you look close you can kinda see the outline. In person it is much brighter and shines right through the leaves.
The Far Red cancels any light leaks that occur as I open the door to leave, just one of the benefits.

Attachments

• Awash in color, this bud is the same as pictured in Far Red.jpg
    Awash in color, this bud is the same as pictured in Far Red.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 44
  • At the center is a bud illuminated by Far Red.jpg
    At the center is a bud illuminated by Far Red.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 48

Drewsif

How do y'all accept the falling apart of our bodies.

Im tired of being sore and Im not even 40.

West coast/mersh/deskunked weed is horror on the body. Solution: find someone over the age of 60 and they'll give you seed from their heavily seeded harvest. Avoid California mersh weed and don't listen to anyone pushing terpenes + thc and ignoring the other 40% of the plant.

Natural Cannabis converts the inflammatory linoleic acid into anti-inflammatory linolenic acid. Everyone on the west coast is in denial but that chanel cookie #69 shit is not improving anyone's life. Too many dope heads using "medical" as a cover for their drug problem. Ita garbage weed making people feel like shit. Unless you dont need releafe then I'm sure it's a fine placebo. Cali growers would all be selling/preaching medical meth if the state passed that law.

I'll say this again: what's considered great Cali weed today is causing joint pain, not alleviating it, in blind studies. And I theorize it's the missing enzyme leaving the linoleic acid unconverted.