What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wana breed a new auto any suggestions?

I

IceColdCrickets

F1 afs is interesting but the problem there is this after the initial first cross. I generaly would grow out all my seeds on 20/4 and select only my afs out the whole group and keep inbreeding this way for 3 to 4 generations but now we need to select our male and female from our f3s and backcross the f3 fem with the p1 male thats fine but we cant backcross the f3male to the p1 female cuz thre afs

What? I don't understand the problem? WHY must you backcross?,,The way you explain things is a little hard to understand, so bare with me here., A TRUE F1 is a corss made from 2 stablized IBL parents. example PURE HAZE x PURE LR. ZERO percent of this F1 population will show AF, almost all F1 AF hybrids with 1 non-AF parent will not show AF because of the reccessive AF traits, only exemption is when you cross a PURE AF x PURE Non-AF that has an unknown AF recessive trait, which is very rare.

For example the p1 male we can store the pollem to backcross but we cant take a cutting from the mother for the backcross ( well we pos could but then we would only be able to cause it to go hermi and collect its pollem wich still presents a problem!

Again why must you backcross? To make a pure IBL AF you dont need to backcross to get the AF trait stable. I am confused at what you are trying to create,, there is some information you are missing.

Lemme explain using non af strains to create a stable f1 hybrid one would cross to strains together then inbreed the offspring for 2 to 3 generations then they would cross the f3 offspring back to the p1 mother and father wich has been kept alive by taking cuttings then the offsping produced here is crossed together and this results in a stabelized f1 hybrid near on impossible to do with 2 af p1s

Gene-weaver. How the hell does a F3 Bx1 become a stable F1 hybrid,,, I mean what the hell are you talking about???? That in no way makes sense. Backcrossing to the P1 mother and father,, would produce F3 Bx1 P1 mother dominant unstable seeds, and F3 Bx1 Father dominant unstable seeds... then what would you do ,, breed these seeds together??? Producing an unstable miss match of F3 Bx2 F2s??? In no way will this stablize any traits. The only way to stablize is to Inbreed many generations. The term Stablized F1 hybrid is misleading,, after you breed them out from the original F1 you no longer have F1,, you have an IBL or Backcross, depending on the way you go,, Stable F1 Hybrids are only products of 2 PURE stable strains crossed to make the First Generation, where the genes are dominant and recessive, and only show as such, hence the stability. But if you think about it ,, they are NOT stable at all, once you make F2s of this so called STABLE F1 ,, you will get a miss mash of different plants. It is all a bunch of bullshit if you ask me. The term shouldn't be used when marketing new strains really. You need to look at your breeding book again, and figure out where you got the miss information,, breeding is simple, most people overthink it. Good luck.

ICC

CraftyApe

Lemme explain using non af strains to create a stable f1 hybrid one would cross to strains together then inbreed the offspring for 2 to 3 generations then they would cross the f3 offspring back to the p1 mother and father wich has been kept alive by taking cuttings then the offsping produced here is crossed together and this results in a stabelized f1 hybrid near on impossible to do with 2 af p1s

Yea..... what he said. Heh.

Actually my plan was a good deal less cogent. Just using multiple different speedy non AF's crossed with LR2 and then in turn crossing them and back crossing. Piss about a bit will a few of them are stable and start weeding out the slow pokes and then reenforce the trait through a few generations. But then again that could be total bollocks for all I know.
Just a bit of entertainment. If it results in really over the top speedy AF strain I get some bragging rights. If it does not, ah well. Had some fun and some smoke.
Couple other projects on the front burner first though.

Speaking of which, any suggestions on currently available AF's that would be good for a chronic pain sufferer? An associate has some pretty big issues and I figure that teaching them with AF's would be the way to go.

penis

in the end if your Inbred IBL AF and NON-AF for that matter, is healthy, fast, and potent ,, who cares about hybrid vigor.

Yes I agree, but I'm talking about saturating theoretical limits. A plants time to show sex from seed is related to its size at the time it shows sex. More developed plants = faster time to show sex. This is related to hybrid vigor.

Oh ,, I see that you care about it,, so here is a brain teaser for ya,, what about TRUE F1 AF Strains? There are a lot of AF strains coming out, and due to the nature of the AF trait being so reccessive, forces the breeders to stablized them through IBLs, in which case it is making for some serious breeding stock for some TRUE F1 AF strains where both P1 parents are 100% AF to begin with. I just made some LowAsis x JEMS ,, I will be doing a test run soon,, I will document any increased growth considered to be hybrid vigor, that exceeds both parents.

Yes, TRUE F1 AF strains will have hybrid vigor. But are both of the parents Early? I'm saying that when you stabilize the Early trait you will have inbred, which causes loss of hybrid vigor--- aka it is hard to get both.

Also, Hybrid vigor is not needed for speed, I have strains that are faster then AFs when put under 12/12 from seed. Pheno dependent of course, Maple Leaf Indica IBL, Pure Deepchunk IBL , HashKhan IBL , SnakeEyes IBL, just to name a few. The HashKhan IBL I have will finish about 7 days early then any AF I have seen so far, averaging 50-55days when put 12/12 from seed. .

Peace, ICC.

Hybrid vigor is needed for ABSOLUTE speed. It is good you have genetics that are faster than AFs. Is a 50 day strain your goal?

good luck,
-p

grimcreeper

Good thread. Autos bred with haze or extremely sativa genetics such as Kali Mist are what I'm looking for. I think that would produce a superior stone. I think deep chunk should get worked into some auto form. From my reading on IC, Deep Congo or Chuck D is going to be my next purchase.

CraftyApe

Papaya? Now that I have not seen or had. Must have zoned out when looking at what they have to offer. Sounds interesting, especially in an auto. Ever had it and do you really get anything papaya like out of it?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone got any suggestions for a strain theyd love to see auto flower?

Are you actually going to do a long term breeding program with whatever you choose? or are you just gonna do a simple AF x non-AF cross?

john cutter

Good thread. Autos bred with haze or extremely sativa genetics such as Kali Mist are what I'm looking for. I think that would produce a superior stone. I think deep chunk should get worked into some auto form. From my reading on IC, Deep Congo or Chuck D is going to be my next purchase.

SmokeyTheBear said:
i love would an auto-flowering papaya. the papaya like nirvana's.

I am actually working on both of these. My own auto(WRxNYCD) x thai haze and x papaya. Should be interesting. I'd also like to do a SSH auto.

breed any beautiful potent plant u can find and youll find no shortage of praise, just remeber to backcross backcross backcross to make it stable, ive heard someone here quote jointdocters guys haveing said that u need to backcross it like 8 times for it to be a hundred percent stable autoflower mo foe-..........i cant wait to see whats autos will have in the next 5 years....its gonna be insane-

canned abyss1

Veteran
breed any beautiful potent plant u can find and youll find no shortage of praise, just remeber to backcross backcross backcross to make it stable, ive heard someone here quote jointdocters guys haveing said that u need to backcross it like 8 times for it to be a hundred percent stable autoflower mo foe-..........i cant wait to see whats autos will have in the next 5 years....its gonna be insane-

There is no need to "backcross backcross backcross" just inbreed it, and it should be fully auto in 3-5 generations, then continue inbreeding several more generations until you have the pheno that you want stabilized.