What's new

Walmart prepaid visas questions.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was looking into using one of these but they need your social security number? No way am I doing that so is there anyway around this? I researched for a bit and all I found was people commenting on where to buy them or how they get declined sometimes.

Is there a better prepaid card that is anonymous?

igrowone

Veteran
the ones that require a soc sec# are the refillable ones
gift cards are anonymous, or at least easy to fill out with bogus info
you may have to register online, but name/address can be anything you want

mdk ktm

i have one, and its a pain in the fucking ass. I picked it up over a month ago and i still dont think it is activated. Im pretty sure they wanted my ss# and a full name. Also the card you get from walmart isnt the real card. They have to mail you the real card with your name on it. It is useless for buying seeds.

I use the gift cards especially the visas. Purchase a couple of the $100 ones. If I get funny looks I explain that I'm buying them for my nieces birthdays (he had triplets or some crap). Most of the time I don't need a story but it never hurts to have one anyway. Go around every couple days and pick some more up and lock them all up. Use them as needed and if you want to make a purchase, register them using fake info and voila!

Nickog

I asked a gal at Walmart if a person visiting from another country can get a crd since they don't have a SSN. She said they need a number from their visa/workpermit. She said that is they use a "fake" ssn, they will have their money on the card and suddenly it will be frozen. There is some process that checks the SSN against the name.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I asked a gal at Walmart if a person visiting from another country can get a crd since they don't have a SSN. She said they need a number from their visa/workpermit. She said that is they use a "fake" ssn, they will have their money on the card and suddenly it will be frozen. There is some process that checks the SSN against the name.

most likely a "soft" credit check is what they do. glad i got my green dot card before hey required ss #'s.....

any visa or mastercard prepaid or non prepaid works ive used them all... as long as they have the 3 digits and are visa or master ur good to go

simon malls dont ask no questions at all and only cost 2$ plus the cost u wanna put on the simon/visa card u pay and leave.. and register online if u wanna make online purchases

next u take it home register it at the simon website or whatever carrier u got and register it to whom ever i always use joe blow at seed boutique as long as ur info on purchase matches the criteria to the T of what u used when u registered the card mainly names and addresses i also use a fake address and leave notes in my comments of the purchase of where i want my beans sent to hope this helps ive never had a problem with this method ive used this at seed boutique and others for since 01 if u dont register your card online this goes for all the prepaids it will decline u everytime u must do it just leave a note for shipping address

ive used check exchange cards ,simon mall cards , kmart cards,walmart ,speedway prepaid visa's u name it

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
most likely a "soft" credit check is what they do. glad i got my green dot card before hey required ss #'s.....

lucky...yea refillables need a SS..so either you gotta steal one (dont recomend this way because the owner might get notified)...or get a trusted friend to register one.

i read some shit online where this lady ran a credit check, and it showed that she had a green dot card that was being used every week at Fedex..so maybe not a good idea.

the ones that dont require SS are the VANILLA MASTERCARD..and a couple others that have a 200 dollar limit. also, sometimes it takes 24 hours to activate so dont use it right after buying. and, it wont let you order online stuff for some reason, even though theres an "online verification" process that i would fill in all the info (fake) and it wouldnt approve.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
lucky...yea refillables need a SS..so either you gotta steal one (dont recomend this way because the owner might get notified)...or get a trusted friend to register one.

i read some shit online where this lady ran a credit check, and it showed that she had a green dot card that was being used every week at Fedex..so maybe not a good idea.

the ones that dont require SS are the VANILLA MASTERCARD..and a couple others that have a 200 dollar limit. also, sometimes it takes 24 hours to activate so dont use it right after buying. and, it wont let you order online stuff for some reason, even though theres an "online verification" process that i would fill in all the info (fake) and it wouldnt approve.

true that. i got a vanilla card for my bday. activated it on the computer and used it at my hydro shop.....

I get the $100 visa gift card ones usally hanging right next the gum and stuff where u check out not customer service from the local walmart using cash then activate them online using a name like hank hill and works just like a real one peace

A

ak-51

I would consider trying the shadiest looking check-cashing/payday-advancing/prepaid-debit-issuing joint I could find. I think those places are inherently shady and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't really verify any of the info.

Damn patriot act!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I would consider trying the shadiest looking check-cashing/payday-advancing/prepaid-debit-issuing joint I could find. I think those places are inherently shady and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't really verify any of the info.

Damn patriot act!
This is good advice too.
You know I found a place just like that that also rented mailboxs, $7 a month, and I didn't have to show ID or a current utility bill to verify my real address, I was stunned, I've been renting boxs for over 10 years now and never before has a place not asked for ID, in fact I thought it was required by the Post Office to have a box anywhere.

3 Cheers for little ghetto check cashing places that don't care about anything.

SGMeds

You used to be able to enter the false ssn's o/l... just used a legitimate prefix... like 075 for NY.

Problem is that you can't use them o/l & over the phone unless you register the card to name/address that will be charged/shipped to... cc verification system. Can't use them to buy seeds unless you have a name/addy assigned.

Then it just isn't anonymous anymore.

Pretty sure the last time you could buy one of these & truly keep it anon was over 3 years ago. Big brother tracks it all... well into a database at least.

Danks2005

Visa gift cards work great. The only problem is that all the ones I find in town are not for international use, so you can't buy seeds. But, if you go online and look around you can find gift cards for international use.

Nickog

I believe that the American Express traveling cards are what replaced the travelers checks and can be used overseas. I thought you could buy these like a gift card.

I tried wal mart visas but they say in the very small print on the back== only for use in usa
I go to the local supermarkets and they have those kiosks with a bizillion plastic cards for every kind of resturants,and business, the kiosks also have visa gift cards for "use around the world" or "international use." dollar amt. is 20-200. I just go to the cashier, hand them the cash plus a 5.95 charge to "activate" the card. place my order with nirvana, the card has been accepted the last 4 orders i placed with them and the visa cannot be traced back to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts