What's new

Walmart and wormcasting

Che

Veteran
I've been looking too, but have yet to see it at wally mart.

I saw large bags of fish compost at cost co for about $15 though...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
sadness i use so much WC its redicoulous to pay 15 20 for a 20 pound bag

Yeah my wal-mart doesn't have emm either.... I asked the lady in the garden section, and she told me to go to home-depot or lowes, but they don't have them either. I have to go to my local nursery..... Yeah they got EWC which are 1-0-0. They used to have a different company that went out of business, that had just worm casting with way more nutrients for the plant... It had n-p-k, not just N, also many trace elements and micro nutrients... these ones I get now aren't as good... It just says the 1-0-0 on the front of the bag and I haven't bother to read it yet, so I think its time for that....lol

Last edited:

MtnKuSh

I GOT WORMCASTINGs at walmart ABOUT A MONTH AGO..ALTHOUGH I THINK IT WAS OVERSTOCK FROM LAST SEASON..NO NEW BAGS..SO I BOUGHT THE 10 THEY HAD ..LOL

they prob bought a bulk order and shipped it to all there stores to turn i decent profit..my bet would be that walmart may not carry wormcastings anymore!

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
May I suggest starting a wormbin? It can be a fun and rewarding project, even if it takes a good while before castings start to accumulate.

gromer

The ewc I got from my local wally world was heavy and super dense didnt seem to be the nice fluffly red wiggler stuff.Maybe it varies state to state but this stuff I got was not the best imho.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I hope they get some soon. I use 1 bag for each 5gal. bucket or per plant. There are alot of fancy soil mixes,I'm sure they are great. I use 1 bag worm castings 30% humis an the rest good black topsoil. I do use perlite at times. I have'nt noticed any real differance with or without perlite.

Latest posts

Latest posts