What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WallyDuck vs VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice! ^^

Contra D. one of the two girls i got on my little test grow.. which were pretty identical.
contradone2.jpg
VG :tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Always nice to see a fast start. This is still a hare and tortoise game though.

You could weigh the cups, and jug them to the desired water content. Then you see exactly what's used each day, so can avoid a dry out, and over watering.

Always nice to see a fast start. This is still a hare and tortoise game though.

You could weigh the cups, and jug them to the desired water content. Then you see exactly what's used each day, so can avoid a dry out, and over watering.

There is stirring in the C5 Mango camp, I saw a Nevils throw a tap root but I'm being patient :biggrin:

We're out of the woods I believe so far as the issue i was trying to avoid.. which was as the top layer of coco dries, and the seed buried so shallow, that the critical moment of germination the tap root can dry and shrivel before it has a chance to head down into the still moist coco..

:lurk:

Grow off with genetics from two of the nicest people on this site.
This should be good.
Chi gets it, hehe.

:gday:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
We're out of the woods I believe so far as the issue i was trying to avoid.. which was as the top layer of coco dries, and the seed buried so shallow, that the critical moment of germination the tap root can dry and shrivel before it has a chance to head down into the still moist coco..

Good play. Too deep verses Too shallow.

You could recycle some cup lids perhaps? Limit the moisture's escape.

Good to hear others are stirring. Fingers crossed you get them all up.

Good play. Too deep verses Too shallow.

You could recycle some cup lids perhaps? Limit the moisture's escape.

Good to hear others are stirring. Fingers crossed you get them all up.

💯

Perlite mulch layer or similar would have been perf. The daily dry-out was unexpected.. but explainable because that tent has big airflow, and an oscillating fan 400w MH and LED, I'm running the AC @23c and the dehumidi on high and showing 50% humidity.. Everything happens in the one room here, all stages of growth + flower and hanging and drying.. so humidity can get out of hand fast.

WallyDucks up so far:
2x Laos#1
2x Nevils
2x C5
1x Mango thin
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211114_170925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	17989886

Click image for larger version  Name:	204275.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	17989887

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
just beware of those laos crosses ,
they could well be total beasts ,
even after being tamed a little by mango haze and c5 mango haze,
they may still grow larger than the house , never mind the tent ,, lol .

just beware of those laos crosses ,
they could well be total beasts ,
even after being tamed a little by mango haze and c5 mango haze,
they may still grow larger than the house , never mind the tent ,, lol .

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I was thinking about that :biggrin: we'll see what happens..

Looks like gold in them cup's lol well done...:)
makes you think how lucky we are that guys like Wally and VG do what they do

...CR500AF...

Yes you got that right for sure two people that get it for sure, have some fun with it all, i am enjoying the show, nothing to lose but everybody wins with a big ass haul at the end perfect...:)

Yes you got that right for sure two people that get it for sure, have some fun with it all, i am enjoying the show, nothing to lose but everybody wins with a big ass haul at the end perfect...:)

100% germination achieved. No seed surgery, no soaking, no helmet removal.
All WallyDuck gear is up.
Waiting on 2 VG straglers (one has its helmet on and one needs to pop up). Weaklings will be culled.

20211115_221522.jpg

20211115_222729.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% germination achieved. No seed surgery, no soaking, no helmet removal.
All WallyDuck gear is up.
Waiting on 2 VG straglers (one has its helmet on and one needs to pop up). Weaklings will be culled.

great ! - you may well find a couple of the 'Lil D' phenos just grow in a circle rather than up !
(Going forward, the segregation of the growth genes will hopefully allow me to remove the 'Lil' genes entirely from the line and use just 'Big D's for the F2 generation )
VG

Spot the contra D still sporting its helmet
Englands-Stuart-Broad--009-1.jpg

20211117_081034.jpg

great ! - you may well find a couple of the 'Lil D' phenos just grow in a circle rather than up !
(Going forward, the segregation of the growth genes will hopefully allow me to remove the 'Lil' genes entirely from the line and use just 'Big D's for the F2 generation )
VG
Yep you were right on that one mate, its been tossed 10/11..
England-Australia-Cricket-World-Cup-1151933.jpg

...CR500AF...

Ya my friend that one looks still strapped on, ha ha i humbly have to say i get pretty lucky hooking with a corner on the tweezers but they typically are not clamped down that tight lol.looking good my friend...:)