What's new

WA might ban MMJ doctors.

GanjaPharma

gregoire is a lame duck gov'nor that has a 30% approval rating. she dont care what the people think.
her last job was atty general of WA (10 years) so its a seriously bullshit move for her to "ask for the advice of the DOJ". ya i am sure in a decade as atty general, in an MMJ state... she never looked into it.

either way i think this could really bite her in the ass. if SOMETHING doesnt pass, then an initiative measure certainly would! remember thats how we got MMJ in WA in the first place. any initiative would:
1)be a slam dunk to pass
2) be way better for MMJ than any crazy shit that comes out of olympia.

the WORST case i can think of is that they will hamstring the protections on the bill so that she will sign it. then she signs a realy fucked up bill into law and we have to live with that as our "solution"

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The more things change the more they stay the same. After the 2008 election, the governor of NC said she'd veto any mmj legislation that crossed her desk. Now our legislature is pushing a bill that allows 250 square feet of canopy with no plant number restrictions. Even I could go into business with that much space.

An IC member compared our governor to Florence Henderson. IMO, much closer to Barbara Billingsley, lol. Fuggin' DINO from hell.

S

schwagg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014836607_apwaxgrmedicalmarijuana.html

OLYMPIA, Wash. —
A bill to create licensed medical marijuana dispensaries in Washington state is advancing to the governor, even though she's threatened to veto at least part of the measure.

The state Senate on Thursday adopted changes the House made to the bill and sent it to Gov. Chris Gregoire. Gregoire says she's concerned that state employees who participate in a licensing dispensaries or grow sites could be subject to federal prosecution because marijuana is illegal under federal law.

Supporters note that federal authorities have not gone after state employees in other states that have licensed dispensaries.

Seattle Democrat Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles says the bill would bring dispensaries out of a legal gray area. It also would protect some medical marijuana patients from arrest.

Koroz

The house or senate added a section now that will allow police to make an onsite determination with out consent from the doctor or recommendation amount if the person is using his license as a front for illegal sales.

So basically this bill now will not protect you from ANY search and seizure as the police can and will still enter your premise to "check" the garden and decide on spot if that garden is used for illegal means then arrest you and take everything. Only difference is, now you are in a nice easy list for them to check down.

This bill is a complete bastard of the one that first went into vote.

Please give us a quote from the bill. I haven't read anything about the cops being able to determine whether you are legit or not. This sounds ridiculous to me.

S

schwagg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...014894333_gregoire_considering_partial_v.html

Gregoire considering partial veto of medical marijuana bill
Posted by Andrew Garber

Gov. Chris Gregoire appears to be weighing either a partial veto or a full veto of a medical marijuana bill passed by the Legislature last week.

The governor at a news conference on Wednesday said "I'm looking at it only with what I can save. Not whether I will sign it."

The measure would create a system for licensing storefront dispensaries and grow operations, and protect some patients from arrest.

The governor indicated she would not let the bill survive in its present form.

"I cannot and will not subject state employees to criminal prosecution at the federal level. I think that would be highly irresponsible on my part," she told reporters.

She was referring to state employees who would collect fees or inspect and audit dispensaries and producers under the legislation.

The governor added "I don't even know that I could implement the law" because two U.S. Attorneys have warned that state workers could be subject to prosecution.

"If I ask state employees to do it, I don't know that they'd volunteer. I wouldn't," she said. "So I don't expect any state employee to volunteer. Therefore I can't implement it."

Gregoire said there are some aspects of the bill she'd like to save, if possible, such as a patient registry. "I think we need a registry to prevent arrest of medical patients," she said.