What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VOTE NOW!! HALLOWEEN PHOTO CONTEST 2007

VOTE NOW!! HALLOWEEN PHOTO CONTEST 2007

• Photo #1

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Photo #2

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • Photo #3

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • Photo #4

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Photo #5

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Photo #6

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Photo #7

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Photo #8

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Photo #9

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Photo #10

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Photo #11

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Photo #12

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Photo #13

Votes: 24 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Wow... you guys made it too difficult to pick winners from all of the great pics... I'm gonna need a little help... Everybody vote, you can select more than one photo, I'LL BASE MY DECISION on the order of the most votes received... Thanks everyone for your participation, the contest turned out to be quite fun.

Just the pics are shown, along with a number... I'm not going to list who took the pic, in hopes the pics are judged by their subject instead of their photographer...

Photo # 1

4217000_2694.JPG

Photo # 2

7526DSCF0889.JPG

Photo # 3

13198hpim5.jpg

Photo # 4

10160Weed_Reaper_11.jpg

Photo # 5

12505PA240036a.jpg

Photo # 6

70842007Bats.JPG

Photo #7

1508icmag-pumpkin.jpg

Photo # 8

11192keeper.jpg

Photo # 9

16863IMG_0234-angel.jpg

Photo # 10

20056HPIM2054.JPG

Photo # 11

312skull_buds_copy.jpg

Photo # 12

22684DSC04253.jpg

Photo # 13

22684DSC04257.jpg

Last edited:

cardiel

WOW .. soo much soo great entrys... Really hard choice... I choosen one, but i will keep secreat which ;)

How long this poll will be open ?

trouble

Veteran
I just wanted to thanks to everyone that participated in the halloween photo contest. I thought all the photos were great and enjoyed them very much.

Now, I have the difficult challenge of figuring out which one to vote for!

Great job everyone !

trouble

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really really really wanted to vote for Frankie, but number 4 got my vote. Ahhh he's coming right at us!

B4O2N0G said:
lol thats cool,i can't tell if thats a real costume or not though,is it photoshoped?

Best quote ever.

B4O2N0G

lol,i dont really like the pic that was chosen for the poll for me though,but its ok as it was not my choice.hopefully more respectful members vote than trolls..goodluck everyone.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great images everyone. Voters should be aware of this very late change in the way the voting will work.... correct me if I'm wrong....If you vote for three images there is no way to determine your favorite image, only your three favorite images in no order. IC can not determine the place 1st, second, or third which you may be trying to place an image in? Unlike our PoTM contest where one (1) vote is cast per/member...and also this late change in the contest rules..."Photos will be judged on subject matter, composition, lighting, angle, and overall 'artistic'-ness. " Images will now be selected by popular vote. Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

B4O2N0G

I agree with doobieduck,quite a sudden change in the rules,but its kind of understandable.

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ethical?

Ethical?

Any change in the rules of any contest or the way the voting will take place after the contest has started is not understandable or ethical to me? I can understand the H3ads being swamped by having to vote for so many entries..but the changes should have taken place in the next contest. I would have composed my images completely differently if I'd know that a popular vote was going to be the end result. Also all our members are familiar to the PoTM voting and how it is done... why not use that system? I would not have had a problem with that, but this is not the same. A member can not vote for their favorite image, unless only voting for one pic..this may black ball me but I think it is unethical to make changes of this calibre after the contest started and worse after it has ended.........Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
There ya go Duck... I've edited the first post...

Now... Since We chose all of the pics being voted on according to the criteria in the contest rules... and since I'm just using the 'poll data' to help me make my final decision... nobody can complain about how things are being done...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You made the change

You made the change

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I would not have selected your pic to win, had I been forced to make the final selections... ...
Your choosing would have been ethical...the H3ads and Rez vote for thier favorites as the original contest rules stated.....
Grat3fulh3ad said:
They've looked over my rules and everything is in compliance with their rules...
In reading this quote I assumed DG had some input on approving the rules and must have approved the late rule changes and vote tabulation changes after the contest ended?
The integrety of the contest was comprimised when the rules and the way the voting was to be done were changed after the contest ended. I know some will say "it's just a contest" but some of us worked very hard and seriously for the great prizes that were being offered and the late rule changes are not justified. Ask yourself ...Why were these changes made..by who..and why so late? I can see no bennefit to the contestants or the voters?
My first reply to this thread was only intended to point out the rule changes and how they "may" affect the contestants and thier personal creations, also to clarify to the voters how the changes would affect thier voting. Not to call out any individual as H3ad would like you to believe.
H3ad tried to say I was bitching, I was pissed in several posts... but that was only to insert that idea into the context...I wasn't pissed...I was just trying to clarify my opposition with the late changes ...as he does not agree with.
Grat3fulh3ad said:
My contest...my rules...
H3ad you forgot DGs involment here? Maybe the quote should have been.."I reserve the right to change the voting procedure and contest rules at any time".
I had fun and would like to congradulate all the finalists..and winners there after! Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
doobieduck said:
That would have been ethical...the H3ads and Rez vote for thier favorite as we were told....at least we know which images you didn't like.
Forced to make the final selection...you set up the contest and rules and we're forcing you....? I'm not trying to ruin it for everyone else...they had the rules changed on them to.
Blah blah blah... I've made your bitching moot...
We voted our best 13...
The poll will help us make our final decision...

...and 'forced to make final selections' as in it is very difficult and I'd have to force myself to choose a winner as there was not any one clear standout, to me... So we asked for more opinions... All I said in the rules was that we would do the judging, not how it would be done... The Judging was done by Head Seeds and Reservoir Seeds, and thirteen pics were judged worthy to be in a poll... so sorry it pisses you off so...

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
There ya go Duck... I've edited the first post...

Now... Since We chose all of the pics being voted on according to the criteria in the contest rules... and since I'm just using the 'poll data' to help me make my final decision... nobody can complain about how things are being done...
The pics were not to be voted on in the contest rules I read. You and Rez were chosing 3 winners not a group of finalists? You may have chosen the finalists by the criteria you presented but the winners will not be chosen by the rules presented. You changed the rules and the voting...nobody can complain, why...they have to agree with you! I'm very sorry too! Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
doobieduck said:
The pics were not to be voted on in the contest rules I read. You and Rez were chosing 3 winners not a group of finalists? You may have chosen the finalists by the criteria you presented but the winners will not be chosen by the rules presented. You changed the rules and the voting...nobody can complain, why...they have to agree with you! I'm very sorry too! Dr. Duck.
Show me where in the rules it says that the final three winners will be chosen by me and rez... It says that Judging will be done by Reservoir and Head Seeds... Nothing about method... Nothing saying finial decision cannot be influenced by a poll... You can complain all you want to, you just don't have a leg to stand on... The rules were sufficiently vague to allow me and rez plenty of latitiude in our decision making methods... Now stop bitching, I won't be responding to any more of it...

AND BTW... Rez and I will be choosing the three final winners... based on the poll.

Geesh... all the grief makes me want to hurry up and think of more ways to give away seeds, so more people can whine about how I do it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.