What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gnome

Veteran
If you were forced to buy from the government would you be just as excited?? I wonder?

you mean like obozocare,
but lets not use the word *forced* because you don't have to buy it, right?
just pay a fine....MOFOs

yeah man, govt. can be the greatest if they really try.
AND
mores a coming.... guaranteed :ying:

LSWM

Ever looked at CALI'S laws? Folks here all the time say stupid shit like "it's legal in Cali"...when...in fact....ANY cultivation there is a FELONY with possible penalties of 16 mos to 3 years IN PRISON.

Yet......

Yet... You can spend $25 once a year to get a medical recommendation and grow/posses/process as much as is necessary for your medical condition, and be completely exempt from those felony laws on the books. The same cannot be said about CO or WA.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Conspiracy theorists gone wild.
Look out your window ------ they're coming for us ---- what a laugh.
It's a MONSANTO truck coming to pollenate my crop with GMO hemp.
LMFAO

Maybe science is right and weed fucks up young peoples brains.
Any fool that would choose the archaic laws we've had for the last 71 years of pot prohibition over new legislation to 'BEGIN' legal weed, makes my head hurt.
This is a start, not an end game.

Pot smokers and medical users compile a collective voice of a min 10,000,000 people.
My God! Does anyone realize the voting power of so many people?

Damn! Did anybody ever read the preamble of the constitution?

WE THE PEOPLE --- Or at least the majority --- make and change laws.

No new law will be perfect, but as citizens, we make the proper changes through our votes.

If all the non-voting conspiracy theorist had their way, not one state would have any MMJ protections.
We would still be filling corporate prisons, suffering forever.

I was told by a fellow Oregon grower, that the new laws will hand our industry to Monsanto.
This idiot even told me the laws wouldn't allow me to use a trimming machine--WHAT?
I've read the bill 3 times - nothing was mentioned on either subject.
Bullshit I say.

Our bill was written by Growers, dispensary owners, NORML and it's legal team, and current and former law enforcement.
They call it a non-partisan committee and was agreed on by all members of this committee.
It's a well written bill and is a good(not perfect) step in the right direction.

Oh Shit I heard a car door, gotta go, it's either Monsanto or the Morman's.

LSWM

Conspiracy theorists gone wild.
Look out your window ------ they're coming for us ---- what a laugh.
It's a MONSANTO truck coming to pollenate my crop with GMO hemp.
LMFAO

Nice ad hominem.

I like how you bust in, talk trash, have no real information to provide, except some slanderous opinion. Weed must fuck up young people's brains...

Monsanto using its influence to regulate markets in everything from food production to drug laws, is not a conspiracy. It is simple fact.

Just a coincidence José Mujica, who has direct connections to Monsanto, and is the president of Uruguay, spear heads legal marijuana, with the help of George Soros and the Drug Policy Alliance, only to regulate it out the ass, and allow Monsanto to set up shop in his country. Sounds like a conspiracy to me... Not just a theory... Whether or not it ends up effecting marijuana in the States is still up in the air, but to assume they won't try is simply ignorant.

The ignorance surrounding TRUE CONSPIRACIES this country's own government has committed continues to astound me. Just take a look at declassified CIA documents surrounding DOLE and various countries and dictators in South America. Our government created terrible situations with dictators that countries are still suffering from today... Or just look at Iraq and our mission to take out Saddam Hussein, whom WE PUT INTO POWER, because it helped us out at the time... Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Oh yeah...

Last edited:

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stick with your paranoia my friend.
I hope it serves you well.

Anything else?

You clearly do not reside in California. You can go and buy it at the store. You can look up any one of 50 deliveries in your area on WeedMaps and check out their menu online, and get shit delivered within an hour to your door FOR FREE.

Everything you just said does not apply to California. It may apply to your "scumbag" state, but it doesn't apply here.

Last I checked, California was not the bastion of culture and prosperity for you to just call everywhere else a "scumbag state". Shows rather quickly what and where your priorities in life are though. For the rest of us that have a great life and career that is all legit, weed is not the end all be all of our existence. Weed is supposed to enhance your life, not be it. I am completely aware of the services as well, in fact I got a chance to have it delivered to me while I was at a ski lodge in Co. just 2 moths ago and it was rather nice. So if THAT is what I can expect for voting yes, then I could not care less if I ever grow a damn thing ever.

LSWM

Last I checked, California was not the bastion of culture and prosperity for you to just call everywhere else a "scumbag state". Shows rather quickly what and where your priorities in life are though. For the rest of us that have a great life and career that is all legit, weed is not the end all be all of our existence. Weed is supposed to enhance your life, not be it. I am completely aware of the services as well, in fact I got a chance to have it delivered to me while I was at a ski lodge in Co. just 2 moths ago and it was rather nice. So if THAT is what I can expect for voting yes, then I could not care less if I ever grow a damn thing ever.

You were the one referring to your dealer as a "scumbag" and using blanket statements to suggest that everyone vote yes to legalization so you could go buy weed at a store, regardless of home growing privileges. My use of the term "scumbag" was only in response to your use, referring to someone you buy weed from as such. It was sarcasm. I don't think every other state is a "scumbag state," just as I don't think every pot dealer from Texas, or whatever conservative state you currently reside in, is a "scumbag connect."

I am simply pointing out, that there are places which already have such provisions in place and that blindly voting yes provides little additional privilege to those people.

Also, it "shows rather quickly what and where your priorities are in life" to look down upon someone for whatever they choose to make their life about, whether it be weed, or making billions of dollars profiting off the abuse of others. I'll take a pot head over Dick Cheney any day. Clearly your priorities are not in line with mine, since you "could not care less if I ever grow a damn thing ever".

Last edited:
Not looking down on anyone bro. You are the one to chose that direction. I just stated the difference, I did not pass judgement. Rather the opposite actually. My connect is an asshole, and the reason he is is not because of what he does, but because he is an actual piece of shit as a human being but he is the only one I know. So even store bought legal is better than dealing with this guys shit any day. I hope to live to see the day that this plant is no longer a threat. I just feel that voting is our best bet to get there.

LSWM

I did not pass judgement.

For the rest of us that have a great life and career that is all legit, weed is not the end all be all of our existence. Weed is supposed to enhance your life, not be it.

Sounds pretty judgmental to me. You know exactly how everyone should live their lives... Sounds as bad as the Christian's in California outlawing Gay Marriage. What a bastion of culture we have here. *SARCASM*

monsoon

Yet... You can spend $25 once a year to get a medical recommendation and grow/posses/process as much as is necessary for your medical condition, and be completely exempt from those felony laws on the books. The same cannot be said about CO or WA.

Wrong again. If you want to go that way...it's $35 here for a card and an affirmative defense in court under the med law. Grab your extended count and play along....7...or 99...and all the weed that goes along with it.

Again....Cali has NO legal weed growing (one plant is a Felony there) without a medical card. CO does.

But are they busting folks for 1 plant in Cali? Probably about as frequently as they are busting folks here for 7.... LOL:laughing:

Where do you get your info anyway? Wherever it is...it's wrong.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Well beyond all the should-be would-be, and without a dissection between which items are conspiracy-theory and which are simply conspiracy-fact... back to the topic at hand, All legalization should move forward provided there is not something specifically written in to dis-allow home growing. Although the "doctor" doesn't care what he inhales off the PAN bad actors list (approved carcenogens only)... some of us do care about a quality end product as opposed to some of the questionable practices I've seen from licensed approved and overseen warehouse grows right here in denver who are "bottom line" focused... point of fact 80% of commercially available bud currently in the commercial market in denver is sprayed often, improperly flushed, and out the door... even then, the shelves stay pretty thin so there must be a few like yourself who either dont know any better or dont care about the implications of a lifetime of ingesting toxins on a daily or near daily basis... took em 40 years to admit cigarettes caused cancer... before that it was a whole bunch of this:

moredoxsmokeluckies-notext-400x400.jpg
dentistreccomendedl-300x205.jpg

All legalization should move forward to stop the ridiculous situation we have today.... however that should be provided there is not something specifically written-in to dis-allow civilian or home growing. Registration, taxes, fees, all fine... loss of the very ability legally and I might as well move back to Texas... same penalties at that point. Wal-mart weed, but no ability to do better for yourself dont seem like a "free and legal" state situation... still feels like a half-oppression... which is not unoppressed and free. And I dont want or expect to get rich off cannabis. I just want better than whatever high yielding mediocre commercial strains that are sprayed with whatever... I can do better and wish to continue unobstructed much further than I currently already am.

LSWM

Wrong again. If you want to go that way...it's $35 here for a card and an affirmative defense in court under the med law. Grab your extended count and play along....7...or 99...and all the weed that goes along with it.

Again....Cali has NO legal weed growing (one plant is a Felony there) without a medical card. CO does.

But are they busting folks for 1 plant in Cali? Probably about as frequently as they are busting folks here for 7.... LOL:laughing:

Where do you get your info anyway? Wherever it is...it's wrong.

Everything I have posted has been 100% fact. You are either misunderstanding what I have posted, or you are misinformed, I'm guessing misunderstanding.

CO medical laws allows extended counts up to 99 plants. Correct me if this is wrong, I am not about to go look up the current legislation. I have read it all multiple times before.

California laws have no strict limits on medical growing. The law literally says, "as much as is necessary for the patients medical needs".

A "medical recommendation" exempts you from being prosecuted under those felony provisions you speak of, just as CO medical law does as well.

$25 per year in California, allows you to grow "as much as is necessary". $35 in CO allows you to grow a specified number of plants, no greater than 99.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well beyond all the should-be would-be, and without a dissection between which items are conspiracy-theory and which are simply conspiracy-fact... back to the topic at hand, All legalization should move forward provided there is not something specifically written in to dis-allow home growing. Although the "doctor" doesn't care what he inhales off the PAN bad actors list (approved carcenogens only)... some of us do care about a quality end product as opposed to some of the questionable practices I've seen from licensed approved and overseen warehouse grows right here in denver who are "bottom line" focused... point of fact 80% of commercially available bud currently in the commercial market in denver is sprayed often, improperly flushed, and out the door... even then, the shelves stay pretty thin so there must be a few like yourself who either dont know any better or dont care about the implications of a lifetime of ingesting toxins on a daily or near daily basis... took em 40 years to admit cigarettes caused cancer... before that it was a whole bunch of this:

View ImageView Image

All legalization should move forward to stop the ridiculous situation we have today.... however that should be provided there is not something specifically written-in to dis-allow civilian or home growing. Registration, taxes, fees, all fine... loss of the very ability legally and I might as well move back to Texas... same penalties at that point. Wal-mart weed, but no ability to do better for yourself dont seem like a "free and legal" state situation... still feels like a half-oppression... which is not unoppressed and free

100% in agreement.
The movement must go forward.
Oregon's pot bill specifically states that our MMJ laws stay as is, the way I voted to begin with.
I can still grow for my patients and apply for a retail grower license.
All about a pure safe product whether for me, my patients, or future retail customers.

LSWM

There is lots of confusion surrounding the # of plants allowed to be grown per patient in California. Prior to the Supreme Court Decision of People v. Kelly, 12 plants and 8 ounces of marijuana per patient was the limit. This limit, which was created by Senate Bill 420 (SB420), was decided by the Supreme Court to be an unconstitutional limit to a voter approved constitutional amendment without voter approval.

Thus nullifying the limits set forth in SB420, and reverting the limits to the vague language used in Proposition 215. "As much as is necessary"

LSWM

100% in agreement.
The movement must go forward.
Oregon's pot bill specifically states that our MMJ laws stay as is, the way I voted to begin with.
I can still grow for my patients and apply for a retail grower license.
All about a pure safe product whether for me, my patients, or future retail customers.

I wholeheartedly agree we should continue to move forward with legalization. I have not read the Oregon bill you speak of, so I have no opinion on said legislation.

I made a comment earlier about California outlawing gay marriage, which was passed by popular vote in the early 2000's, and later rejected by the Supreme Court of California. Most voters were unaware of what they were actually voting for, and it was sold as something that would not harm gays, but simply keeping the original idea of marriage intact. Not true at all.

This worries me, because depending on how the new legislation is written, it could destroy the current MMJ legislation on the books, AKA Prop 215, because it is passed by voter approval. The current MMJ laws in CA are protected against congressional limitation, which I just explained in my previous post. However, if we pass legalization via a popular vote proposition, ignorant voters could inadvertently create a much more strict medical scene than currently exists today.

Just another example of why we should NOT blindly vote yes to any legalization based upon the idea of "taking any ground we can get" or "any step toward legalization is a step in the right direction."

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may want to look at Oregon's bill.
It is better written than most think.

So my friend, I don't think lightly on such subjects, though the laws in other states are important, I take little interest in their legislative struggles.
But in my state, I have been very active in our legal processes.

Twice in the last 6 years, our local law enforcement associations have tried to gut our MMJ laws.
Through my local NORML group, I was selected to speak in front of my state senators.
I was schooled on how to address the committee, all proper and shit.
I have no problem being up front and in the spotlight, not shy one bit.

I came prepared with my patients needs and letters from them expressing their gratitude not just for my care, but also their gratitude for the system that allowed them to use MMJ.
I had the numbers of how much fewer prescription drugs they used before and after the MMJ program and how their lives have become bearable.

In both hearings we defeated the law enforcements attempts to circumvent 'OUR LAWS'.
Again -- 'WE THE PEOPLE' spoke and won.

Though I have been accused of ignorance and blindly following, I can assure you that is not the case.
It is human nature to fear change, and believe me, as an older fella, first learning computers and smart phones had me in fear.
I know, laugh.

I will always continue forward in my common quest for fair and reasonable pot laws.
I do this for not just myself, but for everyone.
As said before, no new law is perfect, but by using the system we are entitled too by our constitution, I will be proactive and keep fighting.

I hope one day that we will never need to joust with words over this matter again.
We will have the LIFE - LIBERTY - and PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS we are entitled.
Whether gay marriage, or pot laws, the people will prevail.
In time of course.

If I used any words inappropriately or offended anyone in any of my posts, I am sorry.
Peace to all -- puff puff pass

There will always be people that will not think anything is good enough. I am thankful that those with opinions like yours are not avid and informed voters that participate in our society or do anything to help make those changes. You do not and can not give an responsible and mature reasoning behind your position other than you don't want "The Man" telling you what you can do so you can grow a thousand plants. Newsflash bubba! If they chose to do so, they can and will come get you and your shit. Do you think they do not have the tech to know exactly what you are doing? Think again. I plan on voting yes to any and everything that will bring this closer to me without all the nasty jail side effects. So what if it doesn't allow me to grow my own but yet let me go to the store and buy it. Big deal. I would be thankful not to have to listen to all the drama and bullshit and pretend I give an actual fuck about my scumbag connect. I know once it has been made available then there will be quite a bit of growers/dealers that will be broke and lonely as hell. I say good. :tiphat:

I can legally grow 18 plants and have a 1.5 lbs of dry weight. Why would I vote in favor of anything less then that. Like I said if you don't live in a state that's is not in the Stone Age, the new proposed laws are pretty weak.

monsoon

Everything I have posted has been 100% fact. You are either misunderstanding what I have posted, or you are misinformed, I'm guessing misunderstanding.

CO medical laws allows extended counts up to 99 plants. Correct me if this is wrong, I am not about to go look up the current legislation. I have read it all multiple times before.

California laws have no strict limits on medical growing. The law literally says, "as much as is necessary for the patients medical needs".

A "medical recommendation" exempts you from being prosecuted under those felony provisions you speak of, just as CO medical law does as well.

$25 per year in California, allows you to grow "as much as is necessary". $35 in CO allows you to grow a specified number of plants, no greater than 99.

Looks correct. Cali doesn't have "legal" weed though, they have the same "Lie to play" gig CO has. IMO...99 plants makes a lot of weed. Doesn't really matter if it's "unlimited" at that point...

What is ironic is that anyone thinks a "sick" person could even tend 99 plants and process all of that weed if they are TRULY sick.
LOL....not to mention "as much as necessary". LOL.

Again though... where are you seeing folks going to jail in CO foor 7 plants? Or for ONE in Cali? You AREN'T. Yer just making a big fuss over nothing/things that RARELY...if ever...happen.

That's MY point. If thousands were going down..different story... but when you can't even cite ONE case... yer blowin steam for no reason other than to make waves...

Ether way...we aren't in count...aren't carded anymore...and aren't worried. CO officials have far more to track and worry with than 20 plants in someone's garage.

If you waana be noid'd/spread the noids from afar....go ahead.

We are here...in CO....growing actively (for 25 years)...and don't share your noid'd vision.

be well

Status
Not open for further replies.