What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I could live in Texas and grow 14958956893593 plants and never get caught. I really don't care "where it's happening" because the laws that are on the books say so.

You can argue that it "never happens" but the fact that it is STRICTLY ILLEGAL with PENALTIES OF 1-3 YEARS IMPRISONMENT for having 7-30 plants is obscene.

And the truth behind that is that anybody wanting to grow more pays to play, goes with the med card routine & extended plant counts. Various municipalities have constraints on that, but it's not something they put you in jail over.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Meh. Reference Upton Sinclair.

And realize that legalization isn't just about med states, but rather the whole country. It's not like people in Oklahoma or a lot of places can currently get weed from a company that has it tested.

And your point has what to do with trusting the government verses its citizens. I have no problem with it being legal. I still don't trust the government to look out for the citizens any more or less.

And it is the government that has made it illegal.

Jhhnn

Veteran
And your point has what to do with trusting the government verses its citizens. I have no problem with it being legal. I still don't trust the government to look out for the citizens any more or less.

And it is the government that has made it illegal.

It has to do with the fact that people act differently in structured environments, environments with rules & inspections than they do in their basement in Fresno. They sign up for it, pay substantial sums to do it, and accept those things on the front end. Inspectors can show up any time, take samples, send 'em to an independent lab. If your shit ain't right, they'll shut you down. It's like the health dept inspecting restaurants or construction inspection & codes or the meatpacking industry.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You have never worked with government officials apparently. They are some of the most lazy people I have seen. Willing to overlook all kinds of crap to make their job easier. If the government tells me it is safe I start to worry.

Like I said I would rather trust some one who ha a stake in producing a quality product than a government official who is just collecting a check.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This has always been the most gratifying craft I've mastered.
For 34 years I've laid my ass on the line for my desire to grow.
Busted twice, lost some of the best strains of the day, kids taken away, my best dog/best friend shot dead at my door, seizure liens on my home, and jobs lost afterwards.
I've hit rock bottom a couple of times.

I bitched and complained of my government on many, many occasions.
I became a paranoid shut in and truly hated my government.
An old grow friend, 20 yrs my senior, asked me if I voted and at 31 I still had not.
He told me I needed to shut the f*&k up, told me that nobody hears me and why waste my breath.

He said if you really want change, you must speak where your voice can be heard.
Start going to NORML meetings, get organized, join the movement.
I did join in! I supported lawmakers softer to my cause, not so much ones that gave full support.
Keep the cause going in the right direction a vote at a time.
After 2o years of voting, talking in front of my state senators, walking in pro weed marches and supporting the cause with donations and membership fees, now the light is shinning on my state.

In my years in this war on pot, I've seen 20+ states with MMJ laws and 2 legal recreational states.
This was done in the presence of government, through grass roots organizing.
Petitioning and voting, although seemingly insignificant made this happen.
I am proud that I just cast my vote to legalize pot in Oregon, hopefully passing.
I look forward to getting a real grow license, paying my fair tax burdens, following the rules that I helped vote in, and continue breeding and growing the plant I came to love.
Being able to do it after such a long battle is priceless.

Jhhnn

Veteran
You have never worked with government officials apparently. They are some of the most lazy people I have seen. Willing to overlook all kinds of crap to make their job easier. If the government tells me it is safe I start to worry.

Like I said I would rather trust some one who ha a stake in producing a quality product than a government official who is just collecting a check.

Nobody has a greater stake in producing a quality product than licensed & inspected retail growers here in CO. And nobody has greater external constraints on how to accomplish that, either.

I've dealt with lots of govt folks over the years, even worked for 'em. Why do you think that reservoirs don't collapse, or bridges, or skyscrapers? Because they're regularly inspected by the people you claim to be useless. Why do you think that food, cosmetics & medicines are safe? Elevators? Same people. Why doesn't the Cuyahoga river catch on fire any more? That's the EPA. Why don't we have cholera epidemics? More of the same.

I could go on, but it seems pointless considering the level of denial achieved by anti-gubmint folk.

I'd be perfectly pleased if pot growing were as legal as tobacco, for example, but the people whining about big gubmint over legalized weed probably wouldn't be. That's because there wouldn't be much money in growing the stuff, considering that tobacco only fetches farmers $2/lb.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Let me see why I don't trust the government. Maybe it was the one time I paid a license fee three times before they said it was paid. Or no it was the time that they seized my bank account because hey kept requesting the wrong paper work for two years. Seems I kept sending what they asked for but it was not what they wanted. I guess they had a problem reading their own typing. Or no it must have been when they double claimed my income and dragged that out till I lost several thousand dollars that we owed to me.

No it is not any of that. It is the fact that they are just like you and me. Well maybe it is the fact that they can send me to jail when they screwvup or take everything I have. Point is I don't trust them and never will. You can trust them if you want, but they are made up of the same thing you don't trust in the people who don't work for the government.

Oh and on the cholera epedemics that is what they caused in buffalo before they moved the water intake out about a mile. And how many people die each year from food poisoning. Good job FDA. And my brother died from a drug that the FDA said was safe. As a matter of fact hundreds have died because of that.

And lazy is a fact. I once saw nine guys plant a five foot tree. It took them 45 minutes to do that. Maybe if the five on phones hung up it would have been quicker.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Let me see why I don't trust the government. Maybe it was the one time I paid a license fee three times before they said it was paid. Or no it was the time that they seized my bank account because hey kept requesting the wrong paper work for two years. Seems I kept sending what they asked for but it was not what they wanted. I guess they had a problem reading their own typing. Or no it must have been when they double claimed my income and dragged that out till I lost several thousand dollars that we owed to me.

No it is not any of that. It is the fact that they are just like you and me. Well maybe it is the fact that they can send me to jail when they screwvup or take everything I have. Point is I don't trust them and never will. You can trust them if you want, but they are made up of the same thing you don't trust in the people who don't work for the government.

Oh and on the cholera epedemics that is what they caused in buffalo before they moved the water intake out about a mile. And how many people die each year from food poisoning. Good job FDA. And my brother died from a drug that the FDA said was safe. As a matter of fact hundreds have died because of that.

And lazy is a fact. I once saw nine guys plant a five foot tree. It took them 45 minutes to do that. Maybe if the five on phones hung up it would have been quicker.

You trust the government all the time w/o even realizing it. We all do, every time the light turns green, when we buy groceries, when we live downstream from a large reservoir, when we believe that a box of cereal really is 32 oz or when we believe a gallon of gas really is a gallon. The list is really much longer than that, obviously.

Food poisoning? Please. That's a helluva lot rarer today than it was 100 years ago, in no small part because people called on their govt to make it that way.

When we come back around to the issue at hand, weed purity, I'd rather be able to trust it as much as I can trust the produce at the supermarket than to have it the way it's been since I started smoking weed in 1967. God only knows what's gone into mexibrick, CA outdoor, or Colombian of decades ago, let alone what basement growers put out. Mmmm.... miticides, insecticides, fungicides, bud hardeners, stretch reducers, you name it. A little mold? No prob, it'll sell anyway, for sure, anywhere that isn't a med state, and probably even there.

The guy at the dispensary? He'll tell you whatever you want to hear, and there's really no way to know if he's telling the truth, or not. Shee-it, Sherlock- he'll take weed that doesn't sell & label it as weed that does & there's nobody to say any different.

I read an article about a woman who's doing genetic profiling of weed, compiling a database. A quarter of the Charlotte's web she bought in WA wasn't that at all, unsurprisingly. Go figure.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You have pretty much proved my point. You trust the same flawed people that you fear. A person in the government will react the same way some one does who does not work for the government.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I trust myself more than I trust others. With that in mind it is impairative that I do my due diligence. You can go ahead with your flawed logic of trusting one person over another with out anything more than a job title difference between them.

monsoon

I could live in Texas and grow 14958956893593 plants and never get caught. I really don't care "where it's happening" because the laws that are on the books say so.

You can argue that it "never happens" but the fact that it is STRICTLY ILLEGAL with PENALTIES OF 1-3 YEARS IMPRISONMENT for having 7-30 plants is obscene.

Most states have these kinda laws. They suck..for sure...but it isn't anything new...

Nobody here in CO (if you were here you would see/know this) is going down for 7 plants. You don't care "where it's happening" because...well...it fuckin isn't. LOL.

Ever looked at CALI'S laws? Folks here all the time say stupid shit like "it's legal in Cali"...when...in fact....ANY cultivation there is a FELONY with possible penalties of 16 mos to 3 years IN PRISON.

Yet......

shaggyballs

Veteran
This has always been the most gratifying craft I've mastered.
For 34 years I've laid my ass on the line for my desire to grow.
Busted twice, lost some of the best strains of the day, kids taken away, my best dog/best friend shot dead at my door, seizure liens on my home, and jobs lost afterwards.
I've hit rock bottom a couple of times.

I bitched and complained of my government on many, many occasions.
I became a paranoid shut in and truly hated my government.
An old grow friend, 20 yrs my senior, asked me if I voted and at 31 I still had not.
He told me I needed to shut the f*&k up, told me that nobody hears me and why waste my breath.

He said if you really want change, you must speak where your voice can be heard.
Start going to NORML meetings, get organized, join the movement.
I did join in! I supported lawmakers softer to my cause, not so much ones that gave full support.
Keep the cause going in the right direction a vote at a time.
After 2o years of voting, talking in front of my state senators, walking in pro weed marches and supporting the cause with donations and membership fees, now the light is shinning on my state.

In my years in this war on pot, I've seen 20+ states with MMJ laws and 2 legal recreational states.
This was done in the presence of government, through grass roots organizing.
Petitioning and voting, although seemingly insignificant made this happen.
I am proud that I just cast my vote to legalize pot in Oregon, hopefully passing.
I look forward to getting a real grow license, paying my fair tax burdens, following the rules that I helped vote in, and continue breeding and growing the plant I came to love.
Being able to do it after such a long battle is priceless.

Just don't let them take your rights to home growing away as they have done already in so many places!
Good luck with legalization as most will not be allowed to grow their own and will be forced to buy commercial provided product!

If you were forced to buy from the government would you be just as excited?? I wonder?

Vote no or else!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Michigan already ha a law that says if the schedule is changed at the federal level the home grower is SOL. Someone is going to make a crap ton of money at the users expense. But hey big government is great. I think they call that fascism.

Wa is the best example of what will happen. Voted in with no home grows thinking oh we will just vote those in later. Sike. Now they are going after medical again. Why would you need a medical system when you can go to your local shop and grab a sac. Soon all the growing in wa will be banned and enforced harsher grow laws then they are now. But hey its cool. It legal right.

Wa is the best example of what will happen. Voted in with no home grows thinking oh we will just vote those in later. Sike. Now they are going after medical again. Why would you need a medical system when you can go to your local shop and grab a sac. Soon all the growing in wa will be banned and enforced harsher grow laws then they are now. But hey its cool. It legal right.

It's better than nothing. Some people will just choose to punch a gift horse in the mouth.

It's better than nothing. Some people will just choose to punch a gift horse in the mouth.

Some times nothing is better then what is on the table. We have been fighting prohibition for almost 100 years now. Why give in now to some lame over regulated, government ran market when out right and complete legalization is the only acceptable thing.
To many of us who's states are not in the dark ages this is no gift and I would kick the shit out of that horse if it tried to come to ca.
But hey. It's legal right. Who cares.

Some times nothing is better then what is on the table. We have been fighting prohibition for almost 100 years now. Why give in now to some lame over regulated, government ran market when out right and complete legalization is the only acceptable thing.
To many of us who's states are not in the dark ages this is no gift and I would kick the shit out of that horse if it tried to come to ca.

There will always be people that will not think anything is good enough. I am thankful that those with opinions like yours are not avid and informed voters that participate in our society or do anything to help make those changes. You do not and can not give an responsible and mature reasoning behind your position other than you don't want "The Man" telling you what you can do so you can grow a thousand plants. Newsflash bubba! If they chose to do so, they can and will come get you and your shit. Do you think they do not have the tech to know exactly what you are doing? Think again. I plan on voting yes to any and everything that will bring this closer to me without all the nasty jail side effects. So what if it doesn't allow me to grow my own but yet let me go to the store and buy it. Big deal. I would be thankful not to have to listen to all the drama and bullshit and pretend I give an actual fuck about my scumbag connect. I know once it has been made available then there will be quite a bit of growers/dealers that will be broke and lonely as hell. I say good. :tiphat:

LSWM

:yeahthats

If I had to, I would accept something like what CO has going, even though the current state of MMJ in CA is pretty much the best situation we could hope for, although it could be better if things we a little more clear and localities weren't divided on the issue. We aren't Texas though either, it's not like we need to take any ground we are offered... We should hold out for something that benefits us, not provides stricter regulation under the guise of "legalization."

If the cops rolled up and busted my door down tomorrow, I'd be arrested and released the next day. I'd lose a crop, and have to pay $$ in attorney and court fees to get equipment back, which is bullshit, but there is also no limit on medical home growing in CA. The only limit is what I need for my medical condition, which is on the burden of the court to prove I am in violation of. Good luck with that... On the flip side though, if I only had a light or two going they would turn around and walk right out. These issues are heavily city/county dependent however, some cities don't care, others put you through as much BS as they can. No matter what city/county I live in, I am 100% legal and will not be placed into a cage for growing unless there is lots of cash or weapons laying around.

It's also not ideal because I have to get a doctor to write me a recommendation before I am allowed these rights. $25 once a year though? Easily better than rec or medical in CO for such a small piece of red tape. Leaps and bounds better than the situation in WA.

LSWM

So what if it doesn't allow me to grow my own but yet let me go to the store and buy it. Big deal. I would be thankful not to have to listen to all the drama and bullshit and pretend I give an actual fuck about my scumbag connect.

You clearly do not reside in California. You can go and buy it at the store. You can look up any one of 50 deliveries in your area on WeedMaps and check out their menu online, and get shit delivered within an hour to your door FOR FREE.

Everything you just said does not apply to California. It may apply to your "scumbag" state, but it doesn't apply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts