What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSWM

Yeh, that's why your truck tokin' buddy had to prove his MMJ status in court, right?

In CO, it doesn't matter. That game is over.

As I said before he's dumb. He didn't even try to claim protection under prop 215 until his court appointed lawyer told him to.

budtang

OTOH, you just acknowledged the truth by volunteering to jump through those hoops the Man is holding up for you.

It gets me access to a better system, Jhhnn. Better weed, better growing conditions, better distributing conditions.

So, fuck yea. Why wouldn't I? Beats the shit out of growing 6 plants and purchasing mid-grade in between harvests.

budtang

Straight from the horses mouth. Legalization hurts small scale closet growers who sell their product and use it to get high.

It also hurts breeders on this forum. Don't conveniently forget that part. Not to mention, the consumers who are forced to purchase this mass produced mid-grade for top shelf prices. I feel sorry for them, as well.

the gnome

Veteran
Neil Degrasse Tyson cant even explain the science behind why the odor of budtangs non-existant OG is UN-containable by any earthly means....

tangs nonexistent OG has done what no other could.
It has penetrated the vacuum of space!
say it ain't so.... NOOOOoooooo!!
neil-degrasse-tyson-i-loved-gravity-but-heres-what-the-movie-got-wrong.jpg

OMG! I smell it in my SPACE SUIT!

2001-A-Space-Odyssey__158.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
face it, Gnome! the only thing that could possibly contain the unparalleled dankness of his other-worldly "top-shelf" would be if you rolled his ego out thin with a rolling pin, wrapped his weed in it, and coated it with a dense layer of his bullshit... but HE could still smell it though...:laughing:

I want some unicorn weed like budtang has so then I can fly away to a place far far away..a place where leppercauns give back massages while I sleep on my gold mattess..I could smoke that unicorn weed and control all the forest animals with my mind.. in this place in rains unicorn weed all day .the weed is so dank it leaves a glittering rainbow behind it as it streaks through the sky like a shooting star

monsoon

I knew our little unicorn friend's whining sounded distantly familiar

and then I remembered from where

Attachments

• imagesF6S4N2B9.jpg
    imagesF6S4N2B9.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 10

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'm sure NORML will stay pretty busy when Feds eventually raid residential grows.

Like in California, where the rules are so nebulous that both growers & the Heat do whatever they want, everybody running their scam?

That's obviously why you say that you want to set up there, to run your own. So what's the date? The date you get out from under whatever hold you say the cops have on you, head for the gold fields? Maybe you'll fly out there on your friend's daddy's private jet, the one leaving a trail of OG dankness up there in the stratosphere?

budtang

Like in California, where the rules are so nebulous that both growers & the Heat do whatever they want, everybody running their scam?

It goes on in both states. I'm not saying it doesn't.

The difference is that California is a SAFER place for a residential grower who wants to grow more than 6 plants. I can call the police in case of a home invasion, or a fire that might harm neighbors, or myself. It deters crime surrounding residential grows when you provide the option for growers to use services like the police and fire department.

Anyone growing more than 6 plants in Colorado in a residence without permission is encouraging crime and safety hazards.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Anyone growing more than 6 plants in Colorado in a residence without permission is encouraging crime and safety hazards.

And anyone not growing as many plants as they wish on their own property is being repressed by the criminals masquerading as the government. The rules you advocate and the regulators you pay are the real crimes against humanity.

"Without permission" how funny that someone believes they have the right to allow or not PERMIT how I chose to manage my garden.

:joint:

monsoon

"Without permission" how funny that someone believes they have the right to allow or not PERMIT how I chose to manage my garden.

This is what many folks here fail to see time and time again as they whine about 6 plant limits being too restrictive and the State failing to set them up with a residential grow game.

It's that fuckin permission thing again... some folks need it to even visualize stepping in the ring...and some folks have been fighting it out in the ring for decades and never needed anyone's permission to do so.

Either way, the paranoia being spread in these threads by some who are uniformed/do not live here is unwarranted and a complete 180 from what the citizens here are feeling/experiencing in their gardens.

budtang

And anyone not growing as many plants as they wish on their own property is being repressed by the criminals masquerading as the government. The rules you advocate and the regulators you pay are the real crimes against humanity.

What rules? I said a system of voluntary compliance by residents who wish to grow for retail. I never said anything about plant limits. It's the current system that has plant limits.

:joint:

Well, that's what Jhhnn and monsoon believe. Apparently, Colorado and Washington voters, as well.

budtang

It's that fuckin permission thing again... some folks need it to even visualize stepping in the ring...and some folks have been fighting it out in the ring for decades and never needed anyone's permission to do so.

Then, why are you cheerleading for a system that requires you to ask for permission to grow more than 6 plants and doesn't allow to do anything with them, but smoke them once you get permission? There is a lot more restriction in what you voted on then what I'm proposing. Just look at how Colorado is taking every step they can to phase out residential black market growers. The "6 plant rule" may be the next guideline changed and terminated in Colorado. Which, is basically what I've been claiming will happen.

According to this USA Today article the recent change in laws regarding commercial grow operations in Colorado occurred with the focus on phasing out residential black market growers by increasing the amount of pot grown through approval of more operations. This is because 40% of the market in Colorado is black market weed. They believe they can change this by approving more commercial operations with the intention of lowering prices:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/12/colorado-marijuana-sales/13915859/

Price isn't the issue,imo. It's QUALITY causing people to turn to the black market. Large operations can't compete with residential growers on quality. Increasing the amount of large commercial operations will only increase the amount of mediocre product in the market. Increasing and solidifying the demand for higher quality product on the black market.

The solution to end residential growing on the black market is to set up a voluntary system for those growers to sign up and pay taxes. Right now 40% of the market is black market grown weed in Colorado according to that article. That's a huge percentage of the market and they're blaming it on "6 plant residential grow operations" in that USA Today article. As well as, medical growers and larger illegal residential operations. If USA Today is saying that 6 plant operations are contributing to 40% of sales being lost to the black market then you know there is trouble on the horizon for residential growers. This is why I was promoting a tax system for residential growers. It was the only hope of residential growing being allowed in the legal system on a national level. The "6 plant rule" was a fairy tale the Feds would never be entertained by.

You guys should've set up a tax system for residential growers. Thanks for fucking us in the ass. The Feds are taking notice to the "50 pound a year GhetoGro system" guys. They're on to it. You've been prancing around saying "You can grow 50 pounds a year with 6 plants." Well, guess what? Feds are paying attention.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Then, why are you cheerleading for a system that requires you to ask for permission to grow more than 6 plants and doesn't allow to do anything with them, but smoke them once you get permission? There is a lot more restriction in what you voted on then what I'm proposing. Just look at how Colorado is taking every step they can to phase out residential black market growers. The "6 plant rule" may be the next guideline changed and terminated in Colorado. Which, is basically what I've been claiming will happen.

According to this USA Today article the recent change in laws regarding commercial grow operations in Colorado occurred with the focus on phasing out residential black market growers by increasing the amount of pot grown through approval of more operations. This is because 40% of the market in Colorado is black market weed. They believe they can change this by approving more commercial operations with the intention of lowering prices:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/12/colorado-marijuana-sales/13915859/

Price isn't the issue,imo. It's QUALITY causing people to turn to the black market. Large operations can't compete with residential growers on quality. Increasing the amount of large commercial operations will only increase the amount of mediocre product in the market. Increasing and solidifying the demand for higher quality product on the black market.

The solution to end residential growing on the black market is to set up a voluntary system for those growers to sign up and pay taxes. Right now 40% of the market is black market grown weed in Colorado according to that article. That's a huge percentage of the market and they're blaming it on "6 plant residential grow operations" in that USA Today article. As well as, medical growers and larger illegal residential operations. If USA Today is saying that 6 plant operations are contributing to 40% of sales being lost to the black market then you know there is trouble on the horizon for residential growers. This is why I was promoting a tax system for residential growers. It was the only hope of residential growing being allowed in the legal system on a national level. The "6 plant rule" was a fairy tale the Feds would never be entertained by.

You guys should've set up a tax system for residential growers. Thanks for fucking us in the ass. The Feds are taking notice to the "50 pound a year GhetoGro system" guys. They're on to it. You've been prancing around saying "You can grow 50 pounds a year with 6 plants." Well, guess what? Feds are paying attention.

Same shit, different post. The 6 plant rule is a right guaranteed by the state constitution and is not subject to legislative tampering. period. Your ongoing claims to the contrary are dishonest.

The Feds have taken a non-interference policy wrt state legal cannabis activities, the 6 plant rule among them. We may see a crackdown on black market dealers, but that doesn't affect legit personal growers. You never wanted to be one of those anyway. Your objective is to make money growing & dealing in marijuana.

Your ravings about quality remain unsubstantiated & you've flip flopped between that & price repeatedly. Can't have it both ways.

You link leads to a proxy service, not an article.

And, of course, we should have proposed a regulatory scheme transparently inoperable so that we wouldn't get enough votes to pass A64, so you could move here & make money legally. Well, maybe some of it would be legal, anyway.

Large scale growers will be blowing the bottom out of cannabis prices rather shortly, aided by the move away from vertical integration. Expect $20 retail eighths, taxes included. Scary, ain't it? How could you ever make money?

shaggyballs

Veteran
New rules in Uruguay have created a legal marijuana market – The giant corporation Monsanto plans to launch production of genetically modified marijuana, and companies such as Drug Policy Alliance y Open Society Foundation are going to create own brand, which will be produced under cannabis, information portal La Red 21.
These companies are funded by Monsanto, they will be responsible for market development of transgenic seeds of marijuana, particularly in Uruguay.

Uruguay is the first country in the world to officially legalize the production and sale of marijuana.
Initiator of the law was the leadership of the State, President Jose Mujica.
There are lots of reasons why Monsanto and other companies producing GMOs would like to learn a new product.
It is quite possible that Marijuana could be the next major GMO crop.

The company plans to produce GMO manipulate “medical marijuana”. If pharmacists join with GMO companies, pharmaceutical mafia can create transgenic strains that are able to produce more active compounds which are patented and can be used as a medicine.

Former strategic director Jamin Shively Microsoft has also announced its plans to patent in the U.S. This will be the first national brand which will produce hemp imported from Mexico.
The new company will be based in Seattle.

Businessman said that the initial funding for the project is $ 10 million to start the company’s products and it will only be distributed in two U.S. states, Shively says “We will seek to ensure that in our hands was 40% of cannabis in the world.”

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine....tically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay.html

GMO Weed? Connections Alleged Between Uruguay Marijuana Legalization, Monsanto and Soros - See more at: http://hemp.org/news/content/gmo-we...ation-monsanto-and-soros#sthash.VCzhvw5j.dpuf

Uruguay earlier this year became the first nation in the world to legalize the cultivation, sale and possession of marijuana.
Now one German researcher is alleging that billionaire speculator George Soros supported legalization in that South American country as part of a plan for corporate agribusiness giant Monsanto to move into the cannabis trade.
Engdahl alleges, on the website of the European Coalition for Just and Effective Drug Policies (ENCOD) that Monsanto is already quietly at work on a project to patent a genetically modified cannabis plant in Uruguay.
Since Soros played a pivotal role in Uruguay's legalization drive (he sits on the board of the Drug Policy Alliance), and also owns considerable Monsanto stock, Engdahl believes those two things are connected, and they point towards Monsanto involvement.

Soros' Open Society organization distributed $34 million last year, according to Engdahl, nearly $3.5 million of which was dedicated to marijuana legalization.
Open Society funded the group Regulacion Responsable ("Responsible Control") in Uruguay; the group ran a nationwide advertising campaign for the successful legalization drive.
Engdahl alleges that Soros' involvement in Uruguayan legalization "is part of a much larger global project," and further than Monsanto quietly conducts research projects on marijuana and its active ingredient, THC, and how the plant can be genetically manipulated. Monsanto is, after all, the world's largest supplier of genetically modified seeds.

Back in 1998, the British firm GW Pharmaceuticals, which markets Sativex oral spray, containing THC and CBD, signed an agreement with Dutch seed company Hortapharm (owner of the world's largest collection of cannabis seed varieties).
The agreement gives GW Pharmaceuticals the rigbht to use Hortapharm cannabis strains for their research, according to Engdahl. The German pharmaceuticals company Bayer AG in 2003 signed an agreement with GW Bayer AG agreed to an exchange with Monsanto, where both companies agreed to share the results of their research. Monsanto thus has, according to Engdahl, "discreet access" to scientific studies on the cannabis plant and its genetic modification. In 2009, GW announced it had succeeded in genetically altering a cannabis plant and patented a "new breed" of cannabis, Engdahl writes.

With cannabis cultivation now legally allowed in Uruguay, Engdahl says "one can easily imagine" that Monsanto sees a vast new market opening -- one they could potentially control with patented GMO cannabis seeds much as they currently do with the current market in soybeans.
President Jose Mujica of Uruguay has made it clear that he wants a unique genetic code for government-approved marijuana so that legal weed can be distinguished in order to "keep the black market under control.[/COLOR]

" GMO cannabis from Monsanto would, of course, make such control possible. Monsanto has for decades been researching genetically modified soybeans and corn. Is Monsanto paving the way for the corporate giants of Big Pharma and Big Agriculture to replace natural strains of cannabis with their own patented GMO varieties?
Moving into marijuana could be seen as a logical next step for Monsanto.
The company is reputedly investing millions of dollars into a new technology known as RNA interference (RNAi), which could be used to manipulate everything from the color of the plant to making it indigestible to insects, or resistant to certain herbicides (like the "Roundup Ready" versions of crops that Monsanto produces to withstand the herbicides the company sells).
Genetic modification through RNAi or other methods could, of course, be used to create larger, more potent marijuana plants -- and plants that could be distinguished from unauthorized, "black market" marijuana through genetic testing. - See more at: http://hemp.org/news/content/gmo-we...ation-monsanto-and-soros#sthash.ayQ6uqvR.dpuf

I dislike when people are like, I'd be happy with 6 plants. Well what about the rest of us who have family they also provide for. 6 plants of some chunky cheese I have will not yield much even outside. What about people who like a certain high quality low yield strain. 6 plants is like 2 weeks worth of buds for me lol. Also it takes 4-5 months to get a harvest and a cure. What about people who want to make milkshakes and edibles. It takes alot more than 6 plants.

Maybe it's what I like to grow. Maybe I like to breed and grow my own verity like the countless growers on here.One should not be forced to switch to a high yielding sativa just to get a pound per plant outside. Not only that there are other issues like weather,mold and pest in the long run that can drop your 6 down to 3 plants mid season.

What if you loose 3 plants late into the season. That means you wasted half your season growing 3 plants now. Until one can go out in there yard and plant 50-100 plants(of different kinds) without being harassed and threatened to have there home taken, then there is no good law until that happens. California,Colorado and Washington is surrounded by states living in a dark age oppression.

How hard is it to sign a paper, slam a gavel and yell legal for all 50 states. I could have it done in 10 minutes if I were president.

Why has it taken so long (since 1937) to repeal and terminate such an obvious bad law especially with all the mounting evidence as of late. I know why but the truth makes our heads explode. Maybe the 6 plant thing can be fixed like what the above stated with Colorado. I think California had a limit and it was raised to 99 but that took 10 years in a more progressive state. I don't have time for this feet dragging. Seems like I will be dead before all 50 states fix this mess. Just legalize cannabis and hemp, repeal the drug war and get it done and over with. Of course this will never happen in my lifetime. I just call'em like I see'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts