What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Volcano Vaporizer and Hash

Dozer, putting the Volcano on 9 will make a thicker bag, but the problem is, all that stuff that makes a bag on temp 9 so thick is generally bad stuff (like the benzene I mentioned earlier). If you really want to use your Volcano on temp 9, you honestly might as well just roll up a joint or a blunt because you are negating most of the health benefits associated with vaporizing over smoking. Think about it this way...when you put the Volcano on temp 9, it is quite literally a few degrees away from the temperature things need to burn (439F is max temp for the Volcano, 447F max temp inside the filling chamber during heating, and 451F is the point at which plantmatter burns). Isn't that what we're trying to get away from with the Volcano?

Also, just because the bags at lower temps aren't as thick doesn't mean they have less THC or medicinal effect. The vaporization point for THC and most all other essential oils is somewhere in the 5.6 to 5.8 range so you'd catch all those goodies just as readily at 6.0 as you would at 9.0. The bag will look thinner, but it will be purely the good stuff.

Read this study: http://www.scribd.com/doc/294969/Medical-Marijuana-Vaporizer-Study

(from Wikipedia)
Benzene, or benzol, is an organic chemical compound and a known carcinogen with the molecular formula C6H6. It is sometimes abbreviated Ph–H. Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a sweet smell and a relatively high melting point. Because it is a known carcinogen, its use as an additive in gasoline is now limited, but it is an important industrial solvent and precursor in the production of drugs, plastics, synthetic rubber, and dyes. Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, and may be synthesized from other compounds present in petroleum. Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon and the second [n]-annulene ([6]-annulene), a cyclic hydrocarbon with a continuous pi bond

furley

I used to throw a disc of bubble hash into the regular volcano bowl, and roast at 8-9 and would get great results (Not as great as a hash pipe, so it wasn't really anything too great). Super easy to wash off the caked resin afterwards.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i know this is a super old thread....

do i put the wierd question but when i use the hash pad, do i still need to add the top screen to my base where i connect the bag.

vertuone

vaporising hash

vaporising hash

so guys i have read allot of articles none of them seems to be conclusinve on which is the best way.

some say burn the hash a bit crumble it put it direclty on my valcano vaporiser liquid pad

some say make a bed of herbs vaporise them then put the hash
crumble on top

if using the first meathod will it be easy to clean later on
if the second meathod is used can i put some cigaretes tobaco vaporise them till nothing is left and use that as a bed .

which meathod is the best and what tempreture should i use on a digit valcano?

jump /injack

Veteran
All of the idea's work but just keep in mind the clean up on the screens. Someone already mentioned it I believe but use Isopropyl and the small brush to get the gunk off of the screens. As for temperature start low and go high until it starts working for you.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I don't have a volcano, but I do have an extreme q vaporizer! It works great for quality hash, I usually vaporize around 375f, meltier hash obviously works better and breaking it up nicely for more surface area. I just place some on little bit of flowers, so my screens don't get caked up, works great.

Latest posts

Latest posts